iTunes 8.2.1

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by bhoyetjumpay, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

Apple Releases iTunes 8.2.1

Apple today released (16 Jul 2009) iTunes 8.2.1 via Software Update and the iTunes download page. The new update "provides a number of important bug fixes and addresses an issue with verification of Apple devices."

The update weighs in at 79.3 MB for OS X users.

2. antz

antz Active Member

About iTunes 8.2.1

iTunes 8.2 now supports iPhone or iPod touch with the iPhone 3.0 Software Update. iTunes 8.2 also includes many accessibility improvements and bug fixes.

iTunes 8.2.1 provides a number of important bug fixes and addresses an issue with verification of Apple devices.

Software Update or download manually here.

3. bhoyetjumpay

4. peter_ob

peter_ob Active Member

Threads merged.

5. angel_benet

angel_benet Active Member

Re: Apple Releases iTunes 8.2.1

and to think the pre had this ability for quite a while, i think it was just right for apple to do this and should have happened a long time ago.

i mean why would palm be okay to save money on product development by riding on apple software?

6. macbeth

macbeth Member

Thanks for the heads up.

This is a big blow to Palm Pre users... Tsk.

7. acid

acid Member

Maybe that's the reason for the sudden software update. Pre really is a big threat on the iphone huh!

8. j6l_hanopol

j6l_hanopol Active Member

Maybe Palm pre users can stil sync wid iTunes which is not an updated version.

9. stevezone

stevezone Active Member

firing up my software updates! thanks for the heads up guys! good thing i'm not into palm pre.. :p

#9 stevezone, Jul 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  10. miggytanya

miggytanya Member

Thanks for the heads up guys! This would really suck if I had a Pre. Oh well, another good reason to stick to an iPhone.

11. iPao

iPao Member

Thanks for the update. Downloading as I type this.

12. barre05

barre05 Well-Known Member
    Supporter

I updated yesterday, though I was actually surprised when Software Update found the iTunes 8.2.1 version, since it wasn't on the front page of macrumors.com. After some clicking around, I saw it in Page 2.

Nothing new, really, probably just that Palm Pre issue as well as some iPhone 3.0 stuff.

13. surgfish

surgfish Active Member

itunes crashes whenever I try to sync my iphone/ipods
    this is the warning I get
    [​IMG]
    I tried reinstalling itunes, reboot my MB, turning on/off iphone, changing USB cables, using disk utility to verify and repair disk permissions and it still crashes. Its not only itunes that crash but my MB halts to a stop. Have to do hard resets. PLease help

14. surgfish

surgfish Active Member

I recreated the itunes library! now its syncing! Hallelujah!

15. AlexG

AlexG Member

Well, it looks like Palm Pre's new WebOS update restores syncing with itunes 8.2.1. Cat and mouse game between palm and apple :)

16. bhoyetjumpay

in addition to AlexG posted

The cat-and-mouse game between Apple and Palm continues today with Palm's announcement that it has released webOS 1.1, bringing a host of new features and improvements to the Palm Pre including restoration of iTunes media syncing.

Oh, and one more thing: Palm webOS 1.1 re-enables Palm media sync. That's right -- you once again can have seamless access to your music, photos and videos from the current version of iTunes (8.2.1).

While the Palm Pre running webOS was initially able to sync directly with iTunes by presenting itself as an iPod, Apple disabled the functionality just last week with the release of iTunes 8.2.1. The iTunes syncing spat is the latest in a series of incidents between the two competitors, as Palm has hired several former Apple executives and engineers to lead the company's turnaround and Apple has issued veiled threats against Palm regarding intellectual property contained in iPhone that has appeared in similar forms in the Palm Pre.

The full list of new features available in webOS 1.1 can be found in Palm's release notes for the update.

from www.macrumors.com

17. surgfish

surgfish Active Member

i just found out after recreating my itunes library, there isnt a single app left in the applications folder of itunes.

18. bluesoda00

bluesoda00 Member

it had happened to me as well. i downloaded it and installed it pero upon nearing its completion, a prompt would tell 'to verify that i have sufficient authorization something...' i decided to uninstall it, and reinstall 8.2 version. epro ganon na din nangyari. what hurts like hell is that i could no longer open my itunes and a trojan horse threat message from avg would popped in. hay, sana di na lang ako nag update. as of this writing, wala pa ding nangyayari. i dont know what to do. help!

19. achtungbaby

achtungbaby Member

Same story....bummer indeed!!!

20. achtungbaby

achtungbaby Member

Mine's okey na (whew!!!). I run my AVG to do scan, and re-start my rig.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.