itunes 7.4 is now out!

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by MACRoel, Sep 6, 2007.

1. MACRoel

MACRoel Member

With iTunes 7.4, sync your favorite music and more with the new iPod nano (third generation), iPod classic, and iPod touch, plus create custom ringtones exclusively for iPhone with many of your favorite songs purchased from the iTunes Store. You can now also play purchased videos with closed captioning (when available), easily rate your favorite albums from one to five stars, and watch videos at a larger size inside the iTunes window.

#1 MACRoel, Sep 6, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
  2. antz

antz Active Member

Re: itunes 7.2 is now out!

maybe you can edit the title, its 7.4..

3. MACRoel

MACRoel Member

sorry for typo error. title must be itunes 7.4.

#3 MACRoel, Sep 6, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
  4. cyberprince

cyberprince Active Member

Thanks for the heads up. Kept refreshing all day, until I decided to click on the 7.3.2 link.

OOOPS: It comes out in Software Update already. So everyone can download it. Hope it doesn't brick anything.

5. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

Between Down Under and the Great White North
    If I don't have an iPhone, that means I don't need this iTunes update, right?

Or will it not make a difference if I do download it anyway?

6. LeoCastillo

LeoCastillo Maestro
    Staff Member

The new iTunes supports the new iPods. So if you don't have any of the new stuff, you should be ok. :)

Leo

P.S. I heard Dubeditions is testing iTunes 7.4.

7. AllanRR

AllanRR Member

I was able to download the update a while ago. Has anyone been able to use the custom ringtone feature? I tried looking around iTunes but can't seem to find it. Will this only work with songs purchased via iTunes? Thanks.

A

8. johannes

johannes PhilMUG Chairman
    Staff Member Chairman

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you guys! :D

9. MACRoel

MACRoel Member

I could not also see the menu for customized ringtones. I think this feature will only work on songs purchased thru iTunes as what SJ mentioned in his keynote.

10. cyberprince

cyberprince Active Member

I upgraded to 7.4 and synced with my iPhone.

I am pleased to report that my iPhone is safe.

Contrary to reports online my custom ringtones are still there. HOWEVER from what I've read, what's affected are ringtones installed via iToner. I don't know what else. But the ringtones I installed via nullriver's ringtone pack via installer.app are still there. Don't know also what happens if you put them back and sync again.

Again, NO it did not brick my iPhone, force it to restore, or suddenly ask to be activated. Its just fine, as if nothing happened. Which is great, looking forward to the next Firmware Upgrade and hoping for the best.

11. docnico

docnico PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Upgraded to 7.4 I have some songs purchased in the iTunes store, but it doesn't show a menu for customized ringtones either.

Anyway, even the older versions of iTunes can make ringtones via another way. Choose a song, then click convert selection to AAC, then set the start and end time of the song you wish to clip.

12. J5000

J5000 Member

Hi Cyberprince,

I have installed the Nullriver Ringtone Pack thru Installer. I saw it downloaded and was installed based on the status bar. However, I can't seem to locate it. When I checked the available ringtones, nothing new has been added to it? How can I access the ringtones which I just downloaded and installed?

Also, is there a way to select the alarms for new SMS? Is there a way to make this louder? Thanks for your help.

Regards.