it's Showtime! Apple Event March 25, 2019

Discussion in 'AppleTalk' started by jetan, Mar 12, 2019.

1. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

Hmm. Quick question. I have a Getflix subscription so I have both Netflix US and Netlfix local because I'm using the Apple TV for the US content and the LG TV Netflix App for the local content. I also have Prime subscription but I'm not taking advantage of the US content because my Prime subscription is local not US, is there a work around, where I can get US content on the Apple TV and local content on the LG TV App?

2. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...not sure if it is possibie to use your Amazon Prime PH account to access Amazon Prime US. Create a new Amazon US Prime Account and drop your local account.

From the very start, all my accounts are US only. I do not need local versions. I don’t watch Asian or Tagalog content. Baduy. Sorry.

leninmac and Sunil_K like this.
  3. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Member

How much po ang monthly ng netflix and amazon prime us account?
    I already have apple tv , but how could i acess those account?
    Aside from the subscription of netflix or amazon prime, do i need to pay or subscribe anything in order to acess on it?

4. leninmac

5. leninmac

Ok. I might just ditch my Prime account and get a US account, I'm just not satisfied with what I'm getting right now.

raypin likes this.
  6. macjobber

macjobber Well-Known Member

Yes, even with a free 6 month free APV subscription from Globe, we don't find it worth the time to switch from NetFlix viewing to APV viewing because of the limited watchable content.

7. raypin

Mm...for Amazon Prime membership, it is USD 119.00 per year. For Netflix, it ranges from usd 9 to 16, depending on the plan features that you want. For Getflix, it is usd 4.95 per month ( for month to month subscription) to usd 54.90 for 24 months (discounted rate). You need a VPN like Getflix to access US streaming channels.

8. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Member

So you mean to say even though im currently subscibe to netflix and apv phil, i still need to pay another susbcription for netflix and apv us account?

Is the getflix consider illegal or like a jailbreak ipad/ iphone? :)

leninmac likes this.
  9. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

I have an Amazon Prime US account but I only get to watch "shows when I'm abroad"

Now that I am currently vacationing in the US, I get all US content.

leninmac likes this.
  10. leninmac

Yup. From time to time you also have restart your Apple TV because Netfix is able to detect it.
    It is legal to use DNS technology to bypass geo-restrictions imposed by a streaming service.
    I'm paying SGD5.57 for Getflix and SGD16.98 for my Netflix Premium Subscription.
    The Premium subscription will give you 4k streaming and HDR.
    FYI, Getflix does not work on most Smart TVs. You have to check if you can change your TV's location to US.

11. raypin

Mm...ethically, VPN unlock is wrong. But, I consider it the equivalent of jaywalking. So, jaywalk. :p

12. kinse_44

kinse_44 Well-Known Member

No, you don't need to get another Netflix account if you want US content. The content you get on Netflix is based on your location or IP address. Paying in USD doesn't mean you're getting US content.

For Amazon Prime US, yes you need a US account for that.

13. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Member

Ah ok tnx a lot, so since i already have a netflix phil account, all i need is just a getflix subscription and change my region to us account, then im good to GO?

leninmac likes this.
  14. leninmac

Yes as long as your streaming device support Getflix.

15. Kleithxx

Kleithxx Well-Known Member

I am hoping for a new iMac!

16. p.pipster

p.pipster PhilMUG Addict Member

Was going to the some consolidation of iTunes/iCloud and Netflix accts, signing up of other services (e.g., Hulu, Amazon) and plans to buy me some US iTunes cards but I figured I should wait what's in store for us from Apple. Plenty of talk about a TV streaming service of some sort coming from them.