it's Showtime! Apple Event March 25, 2019

Discussion in 'AppleTalk' started by jetan, Mar 12, 2019.

1. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

[​IMG]

raypin likes this.
  2. fcdiesta

fcdiesta PhilMUG Addict Member

I read in a tweet that Apple already used the "It's Showtime" tagline in the iTV (now Apple TV) launch event several years ago. I'm not keeping my hopes up for this one. I have a feeling that not too many of the major content contributors/suppliers will be participating at this launch, opting to wait-and-see how Apple's foray will fare before joining in.

hitme64 likes this.
  3. Aargh

Aargh Well-Known Member

Is Vice Ganda going to be a guest performer? Hahahaha

4. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

[​IMG]

Aargh and hitme64 like this.
  5. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm....they should rename it to It’s Showtime with Tim Apple.

Idiot US President.

:p

New Airpods.....Airpods S?

Apple AR.......AirWear? iWear? Eye...of the Tiger?

Air Power?

Apple subscription service?

New HomePod?

hitme64 likes this.
  6. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Pundits are saying it’s a “newly revamped and reformatted” Apple streaming service that will rival Netflix, Hulu, Amazon and HBO.

Kinda like Apple Music, say Apple Movie or Apple Flix. Or Tim Flix. ;)

raypin and Aargh like this.
  7. Aargh

Aargh Well-Known Member

It's almost 100% confirmed already that the March 25th event is about Apple's new streaming service. It will be more surprising if it isn't. Come on, the event title is even hinting on that. hahaha. I am still hoping that there is at least an announcement for that new airpods and airpower.

8. raypin

Mm...Netflix charges usd 7.99 to 13.99 a month. Amazon Prime is usd 12.99 (usd 119.00 annual). Disney? Apple?

9. Aargh

Aargh Well-Known Member

My bet is it will almost be the same pricing as that of Netflix. From what I've noticed, Apple services such as Apple Music and iCloud Storage, are competitively priced. Why would the video streaming service be any different?

raypin likes this.
  10. racz41

racz41 Member

Hoping their streaming service will be free for apple users....

11. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Movies and TV shows in the iTunes store will automatically move to Apple Flix then making ITunes exclusive to music...for how much subscription would be for this streaming service will likely depend on the marketability of its movie and tv show selection, as compared to the bigger streaming services around...it would seem that a subscription amount would be much cheaper than buying or renting movies/tv shows...

Do ITunes subscribers automatically become subscribers to the new service albeit with the same account? I do hope so because it helps to have one account to rule all.

12. raypin

Mm...best case scenario: Apple Music + Apple Movies (or whatever Tim Apple will name it) = one monthly subscription rate. As with Netflix, you pay more for premium add-ons (more screens, higher quality or resolution). Family plans would be great.

13. Aargh

Aargh Well-Known Member

iTunes is in an awkward place right now especially when the video streaming is launched. I know people still buy music and video in itunes but with the popularity of streaming services i think it's safe to assume that it will just continue to decrease. Can apple just get rid of itunes altogether?

14. ronnel0918

ronnel0918 PhilMUG Addict Member

iPhone SE 2?!?!?

15. docnico

docnico PhilMUG Addict Member

I don't think Apple can discontinue iTunes since movies there come out at the same time as that of the Blu-Ray release date, and is targeted for people who would rather have digital files instead of discs. Newly released movies don’t come out in streaming services until after several months. It is very unlikey that Apple can strike a deal with movie studios to release movies earlier in their streaming service, as this would kill Blu-Ray, Amazon video, etc.

Aargh and raypin like this.
  16. Shadowfox

Shadowfox Active Member

I wonder if the MacBook Pro 13 Escape is gonna be refreshed but I know there’s a rumor about a new MacPro desktop that’s more user-customizable like the old Cheese-grater Mac.

17. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

I am assuming here that if it is in fact Apple's streaming service. It will be probably be available initially only for North America.

18. raypin

Mm...VPN to break Apple’s geolocking.

leninmac likes this.
  19. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

Hmm. Yeah, additional subscription to pay for. :(:( Hopefully Getflix will be enough.

20. raypin

Mm...Getflix should be enough. I don’t see why Apple will impose superstrict geolocking like Youtube TV (I ve requested Getflix to add it but no-go so far).

Getflix AU is responsive when it comes to adding more channels.

I have Hulu, Vudu, Netflix, HBO, Amazon Prime , NBC and Sling TV via Getflix. Will drop some of the services once Apple Movies come on-line provided that the content library of Apple presents a compelling reason to switch.

Juice and leninmac like this.