Items Worth Buying At Amazon US

Discussion in 'General OT' started by macjobber, May 13, 2015.

1. VicB

VicB PhilMUG Addict Member

ronjet and Juice like this.
  2. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

3. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

That's the thing. I didn't have to do anything. Amazon just emailed me to let me know that I have refunds. The refunds were from orders early this year.

4. Juice

Supporter

5. Provboy

Provboy Well-Known Member

6. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

Were these items delivered straight to PH from Amazon? Or did you go through a forwarder?

7. bugeye

bugeye Member

Sometimes they will charge you for import fee deposit if you ship directly to the Philippines. It takes them a while to process the refund if there's a discrepancy between the actual import fees (if any) vs. amount of deposit. No need to request for a refund if this is the case, it's automatic.

#467 bugeye, Jun 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    Juice likes this.
  8. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

As mentioned above, it looks to be automatic for shipments direct to the Philippines. For shipments sent to the US warehouse addresses of freight forwarders like (LBC) Shipping Cart, I have to send an email request, with the corresponding soft copy of the Shipping Cart Bill of Lading attached.

Juice, VicB, JohannChua and 1 other person like this.
  9. Juice

Supporter

These are orders directly sent to Manila. Upon checking, the orders were from February last year. Looking back on my emails from Amazon, it seems it's a yearly thing starting from 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and this year. They're all direct to Manila. I should start filling up those refunds I had delivered to shipping cart.

oj88 likes this.
  10. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

Did any of you order from Amazon recently? Do they still ship to the Philippines? I ordered a pair of wyze cams in Amazon last year. Was planning to get additional ones. When I tried again, it says they do not ship to my address. Weird because last year they did. Maybe because of the Corona virus that's why they don't allow shipments to here?

11. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

I have some items in my cart now that allow shipment straight to Manila.

Maybe, in your case, the cameras available now are from a different seller?

bugs likes this.
  12. Juice

Supporter

Try a different seller. It happens sometimes. An item is available for shipping to PH then it changes shipping. If it doesn’t say shipping to the Philippines, click on the available sellers. One might show they do.

bugs likes this.
  13. neilrg

neilrg PhilMUG Addict Member

Quest4dgoodlife likes this.
  14. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

They still do, ordered the shield tv pro from amazon and had it directly shipped to PH... Delivery time was almost similar to before too

15. angstly

angstly Member

I have been ordering from Amazon and have them ship the package directly to PH for several years. The experience has been mostly pleasant until now.

Usually, the package is shipped via UPS or DHL. For some reason, this time around, Apex was the courier. However, ECMS is the actual forwarder and to make things worse, they use 2go for the last mile delivery.

My package arrived in PH last June 29. ECMS forwarded the package to 2Go. Then shit happened. I live in Rizal and the 2go hub is in Antipolo market that was locked down for 2 weeks. I got texts from 2go saying that the package is out for delivery but no delivery attempt happened.

My god, next time I order from Amazon, if the courier assigned is not UPS, I will automatically cancel it.

16. vincer

vincer Active Member

Pre-ECQ, Apex/ECMS was quite reliable in their deliveries to either Makati or QC, at least. Starting April, I opted to order from amazon japan. They usually deliver in about a week via DHL.

17. duncan

duncan Well-Known Member

what are the products worth buying in amazon japan?

18. pctan1584

pctan1584 Well-Known Member

I regularly shop at Amazon. They have limited selection right now that can ship to PH, as well longer ship times. I now mostly use Myshopping cart.

19. neilrg

neilrg PhilMUG Addict Member

APEX/ECMS was also the courier Amazon used for my purchase in June. Last mile was Ninja Van. Delivery to QC took 11 days in total.

20. triggerbokie

triggerbokie Member

hi all. how do you pay for your amazon purchases to those in Manila? I just came off the ebay US site and it wont accept my credit card or paypal account as payments since I am not in the same country as the seller. I've never had a negative feedback in ebay. And paypal has been very good in mediating for those items that were never shipped.