Items Worth Buying At Amazon US

Discussion in 'General OT' started by macjobber, May 13, 2015.

1. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

Same here with the cds, dvds and books in the 90s. Everything else after that really: clothes, shoes, gadgets, baby stuff, then toddler stuff then children stuff. I guess they became a "partner" in raising the family☺. Lately I've been ordering mostly stuff from anker; PowerBanks, cables, mounts etc.

2. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

I'm seeing a lot of negative feedback (from verified purchases) for the Amazon Basics Lightning cable saying they get smoldered and melt easily. How are the ones that you guys bought?

Example of negative feedback:
    "Cable starting melting and smoking while plugged into my ipad"
    "it melted and it broke my phone!"
    "Don't buy it. It might burn down your house."

3. macjobber

macjobber PhilMUG Addict Member

When I see negative feedbacks, I also see the number of overall feedbacks too.

We've been using this stylish "3G" lightning cables [emoji4][​IMG]

4. pctan1584

pctan1584 Well-Known Member

I started with Books, CDs and DVDs. Now any gadget I believe is worth it as far a prices go, which I do alot of research before hitting the checkout button. Latest purchase includes auto lens cap for my Dlux109, Gariz leather case and canary home security gadget.

5. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

6. zero.

zero. Active Member

I order my sports stuff thru Amazon as most of the time, they are offered for almost 50% cheaper than buying them at the store. The bargains I get are just irresistable, for example, I got a couple of my 2XU tri-shorts for around $50-60 each when regular tag price is at $119-130.

I also got an aerobar for a road bike (Profile Design T3) for $99, where the original list price is $149.

7. itnetad

itnetad Active Member

agree customer service is great i once have a problem with my shipments when i chatted one of the CS i was offered with a one day delivery free of charge.

8. Kiko

Kiko Well-Known Member

reading this thread made made me buy some of the stuff you guys listed. tsk tsk.

9. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

hehe, yup i keep telling myself to stay away but somehow keep on checking this thread!

10. testdummy

testdummy Active Member

I usually get my blu-ray discs from Amazon. Definitely a lot cheaper than buying it here.

11. macjobber

Hard to find items, may it be just simple gadgets like a basic FM/AM radio, are always making my gadget friendly heart happy after finding it's readily available at Amazon hahaha.

Just like this one that we used during the blackout due to typhoon Glenda last year. At $13, this is a perfect affordable and very useful gift for your relatives.

And one more thing pala, it's a Sony [emoji4][​IMG]

chaddictMac likes this.
  12. JohannChua

JohannChua Active Member

Not to mention more titles to choose from than the handful of Blu-rays you see in local stores.

13. Sunil_K

Sunil_K PhilMUG Addict Member

Best. Review. Ever [emoji12]

[​IMG]

14. ronnel0918

ronnel0918 PhilMUG Addict Member

^ Had to check Amazon for that and the reviews are hilarious! :D

15. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

I've also recently started buying things off Amazon. Mostly scientific/lab instruments and tools, computer parts, etc. mostly items not available here or are simply just cheaper to source online. And speaking of transistor radios, I got a Tecsun PL660 world band radio several months ago. I was also looking for a basic AM/FM unit but the techie in me out-voted sound judgment.

[​IMG]

It's a nice piece of gear, if you're into this sort of thing (I was HAM enthusiast back in the day). Though, almost nobody listens to the shortwave bands anymore for good reason, prior to the internet, this was one of the very few ways to listen to music and news (or propaganda) from abroad. With just the built-in antenna, I can hear broadcasts from China and many parts of Asia, and on a good night, Australia. Imagine what I'd receive with a good long-wire antenna. This can even listen in on communications from commercial aircrafts going in and out of the NAIA (and I live up the north edge of Mtero Manila). Simply fascinating.

So what can you hear on the Air Band? http://youtu.be/6uleczMUljk

16. johannes

johannes PhilMUG Chairman
    Staff Member Chairman

Things I usually buy from Amazon:

- Blu-ray movies (cheaper, more titles, and they usually come with digital copies)
    - Books (cheaper, even with shipping fees)
    - special LEGO sets (Star Wars, The Simpsons), because the prices here, even with that newly-opened Philippine LEGO store at BGC, are simply too much. Example: LEGO Mindstorms is about $400 in Amazon. LEGO store at BGC is selling it for 35k+.

17. qt_arvin

qt_arvin Fore!
    Staff Member

Things i usually buy from Amazon:

Golf clubs (mostly putters and wedges) and accessories
    Multivitamins and supplements
    K Cups for Keurig brewer
    Small appliances
    Tech accessories
    Books for Kindle
    Movies via Amazon Prime

18. macjobber

I also discovered some low tech but very useful items such as these key organizers [emoji3][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

19. ArkiJan

ArkiJan Well-Known Member

sir arvin, how do you ship the golf clubs to the philippines? i want to buy a 3-wood... TIA...

20. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

Eneloop batteries. Endless orders of these.

So much cheaper off Amazon as compared to here.

Also gadgets, toys, electronics, shirts, creams, candies, you name it. Anything and everything.

I also bought a pair of shoes off sister site Zappos. I have freakishly hard to find shoe size.