iStudio Experience

Discussion in 'iStudio' started by neilc, Jul 31, 2011.

1. bad_boy

bad_boy Watching Your Language
    Staff Member

AFAIK, Apple enforces retail prices only for stores that it owns and operates. I guess Authorized Resellers are given leeway as to exact pricing.

Remember, the "S" in SRP stands for suggested ;)

2. ernsmd

ernsmd New Member

very nice and accommodating people at i studio vmall!=)

3. jermitano

jermitano New Member

uber disappointed...had my xminimax speakers for warranty exchange (not charging)...waited for 7 months (every month i called) for the replacement...had enough...emailed their website...someone texted me that i had my replacements...when i got the speakers it was the version lower 2 speaker...too sick and tired to follow up...useless customer service...useless sales...lots of reasons...a lot of friends and colleagues now straying away from them and told my story to fellows as well...btw its the gateway branch...

4. indygo

indygo Member

I bought all my apple products at the Shang branch.
    Some of the staff are nice while others are snobbish.
    It's a regular store experience though, nothing extraordinary.
    I got my
    iGlaze 20% off
    Capdase Case 15% off
    MBA 10% off

5. pajamas_001

pajamas_001 Member

I got a great discount on a iPad 2, but how did you get the discount for the accessories please pm me.

Thanks Homie :)

6. taongyaman

taongyaman Member

I bought my Viva iphone cases at their Shangrila branch. I agree that not all their staff are accommodating so I just try to remember those who are nice and knowledgeable on mac products.

7. teddyray77

teddyray77 Member

haven't bought anything from their stores yet, though its a turn off if their sales people are snobs. i would love to visit their store soon.

8. zoom

zoom New Member

How much did you get your iPad 2 in Shang? are there other included freebies as well? Planning to get one by tomorrow. :)

9. joms

joms Member

does anyone know their telephone nos ? it would be helpfull to know them. =)

10. xtine

xtine Active Member

11. indygo

indygo Member

Oh, I'm a sweet talker, and very friendly, medyo kwela, and to boost my own ego, a little charming :cool: We were chatting about a lot of things while I was searching around.
    The salesperson just slashed the amount after talking to me, without me asking for anything. I didn't even asked if they offer discounts.

12. pajamas_001

pajamas_001 Member

^ nice job !

13. napster_NDS

napster_NDS Member

This is where i bought my macbook pro :D

14. artagnan5

artagnan5 Member

Thank you fro my 17" Late 2011 Macbook Pro. The best service ever!

15. maryjane

maryjane Member

i called apple the other day and yesterday(to reconfirm) if indeed i can ask replacement for my barely 5 mos. orange smart cover which hinges has scattered small spots of rust. Apple said i can ask replacement from the reseller i bought it from but upon calling istudio gateway they initially said they won't replace it as it was only an accessory but when i said i called up before hand Apple Phils about it and gave them the case no. the lady i spoke to said she would have to check with her boss. i will visit gateway istudio to follow up on my request.

16. maryjane

maryjane Member

I studio gateway replaced the smart cover with a folio case(the excess price of the latter I of course had to pay). I just felt bad that they still insisted that the smart cover as an accessory isn't covered by any warranty(contrary to assurance of apple care phl, I even gave them my case no. So they could deal with apple care themselves)and even if they already acceded to the replacement. The lady on the counter was fretting the whole time I was in the store. Lesson learned I will NEVER buy from them again

17. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Apple Philippines? Can you clarify that? I always thought we only had Apple Re-sellers, and no official Apple Philippines. If there was indeed an Apple Philippines, did they try contacting iStudio to clarify the exchange?

18. chairman

chairman Moderator
    Staff Member

sorry just a bit of clarification, did you want to replace it with a smart cover or did you want the folio and just agreed to pay the difference?

did i studio say they would not replace the smart cover?

19. ikenn

ikenn Member

I think the the smart cover is covered by the warranty and any service center can replace it. Of course they can't replace it from their own stock and have to wait for Apple to ship them the replacement.

20. maryjane

maryjane Member

docjbr: Sorry for being inaccurate, i called apple care philippines. they did not contact istudio but they asked me to call them if i went to istudio(and while still in the store)and the latter will not allow my request --so apple care phils. can deal with them directly.

chairman: i wanted and expected my smart cover to be replaced with another smart cover since it was only the rusty magnets that i didn't want. but the girl in the counter(who was already fretting) told me to get another accessory because i might worry about rust again.
    although it could be my fault that i chose a folio that was P300 more, it was the only case i found this afternoon worth taking home if i could not have another smart cover.

and yes istudio said they would not want to replace the smart cover as it was "only an accessory and accessories don't have warranty" i think they only replaced it because i said i have spoken to apple care phils. before hand about the matter and gave them my case no. and the name of the apple care staff i have spoken to and i even volunteered to call apple care phils. so they can confirm my claim.

iken: apple care phls. said it is covered by warranty. i had clarified this with apple care phls., if i could have it replaced/serviced by the service center, but they said i should go to the authorized reseller i bought it from and bring along my receipt.