iStudio Experience

Discussion in 'iStudio' started by neilc, Jul 31, 2011.

1. mitchtb

mitchtb Active Member

Bought a Matte screen protector for my 13" MBP. Very accommodating personel :)

2. coffeeboy

coffeeboy Active Member

Been to most authorized resellers and I should say iStudio particularly High Street gives the best customer experience, bar none...

3. suavegabe

suavegabe Member

just bought applecare for my wife's MBP 13 at their v-mall branch yesterday. staff was very accommodating and best of all, their price was way better than DH and they even gave me a discount since I paid in cash!

4. raze94

raze94 Member

claimed apple warranty for my mac from them and they replaced the battery with no problems. it took about a week and they took the computer. i dont know if thats standard procedure but at least it got fixed.

5. sarie

sarie Member

Re: iStudio Experince

In my canvassing - the best priced Apple products are with Digital Hub. Aside from the fact that they do give special prices for special people from Philmug. :)

For an expensive purchase such as Apple Products - I really take time to canvass, canvass, canvass.

6. eyesman

eyesman New Member

Regular customer of I-Studio Shang, where me and my other office mates purchase most of our Mac stuff. I would say that Eva, the store manager and Jorlan, the tech guy, are always very accomodating and helpful even for minor issues. It also helps that Larry, is a very nice person to talk to...you wouldn't even think he owns the store. Two thumbs up for I-Studio.

7. Adobo

Adobo Member

I should drop by iStudio tom! Got my first apple product there!

8. jlo2

jlo2 Member

iStudio loyalist here. ALways bought my machines in HK or the U.S since i switched in 2004. When my 2007 mac mini conked out, visited their GH store. Wasn't charged for their service. Since then, got all my apple stuff from them.

9. yahoosoda

yahoosoda Member

Got my first Apple product from iStudio Shangri-La. :)

10. superjancee

superjancee New Member

Does iStudio sell iPad 2 thru HSBC Promo of 0% Installment? It is not stated in the T&C of HSBC.

11. Colossus1973

Colossus1973 Active Member

Westchester County, Salem Center, New York
    Maybe better ask iStudio or HSBC themselves.

12. Kiddomike

Kiddomike Active Member

I had a weird experience with iStudio in Greenhills last year. I was looking at the prices of the Macbook Pro and I got a really really good deal. So I decided to buy it.

They got the unit. It was in the box but I didn't see the plastic and seal around the new MBP. They opened the unit, turned on the Mac and showed it to me saying: "Sir, first Mac?"

I answered: "No."

Everyone was silent. Then I saw the screen of the "new" MBP already showing the desktop. I also saw the home icon already has a name and the battery went through 3 cycles already.

I just looked at the salesman and said to him that it's not a brand new unit.

They immediately made some calls to get another unit. Then there's all this fuzz about the MBP and another salesperson asked me what was the name that appeared on the home button.

"XXXXXX." I said. (forgot the name already. Hahaha!)

"XXXX PALA EH." the other store clerk said in a sarcastic tone. (Well, for me at least.)

Another clerk chuckled across the room. (I guess they know the name.) So I walked around VMall for a while because I have to wait for a new MBP to be delivered. I came back and got a new unit that was sealed and showed the Welcome video of Mac OS X. I entered details and just to be sure looked at the number of battery cycles. It showed 1 cycle. I bought the unit and went home.

I don't know if they were trying to give me a demo unit or accidentally sent out a unit that is for repair. Because of this incident, I will always have a weird vibe towards iStudio.

13. jimboyc

jimboyc Member

Got my MBP at iStudio Highstreet, they do provide great discounts and freebies, even for walk ins.

14. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

@Kiddomike: sounds intentional ah - the way they asked you first if it's your first mac... :(

15. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

If it was a demo unit it will probably have more then 3 battery cycles. But still the iStudio folks should have been honest and tell you that it is an open box product and must be given you a corresponding discount. Other then that they are passing off an opened box item for a new item and tried to sell it as new. One can't help think that iStudio attempted to sell you an open box which you will be paying full SRP new.

Also they should NEVER OPEN ANY SEALED APPLE COMPUTER BOX That is the call of the customer not the seller. Even when you buy from Gray market sellers they never open the sealed Apple box.

16. John H

John H Member

Sounds like iStudio tried to sell a possibly second hand Mac and pass it off as new. Thats dishonest.

17. jbbolong

jbbolong Member

I buy all my mac stuffs at DHub Vmall but since they are out of 60w MagSafe Power Adaptor this afternoon and its an urgent need of mine, i had no other recourse but to purchase from iStudio. Before i left DHub branch i asked their staff how much the magsafe would cost and was told its Php3,990 (the same with apple store, i checked).

When i entered iStudio, i immediately went to their staff and asked for one and they told me that its Php5,000. My initial reaction was to ask if they are not following the price in apple store to which the lady downgraded the price to Php4,000 (no questions asked, no approval needed).

I am just puzzled.. Are apple authorized resellers not obliged to follow the SRP set by apple?

Its a good thing i did my research before purchasing but what about their other customers...

18. pajamas_001

pajamas_001 Member

Great Job iStudio ! :)

I was looking for a Ipad 2 black wifi 32gb, and I tried two Apple Authorized Dealers to be exact no luck. But iStudio had the ipad I wanted not just that they gave me GREAT Philmug discount! Staff is very helpful and friendly.

THANK YOU to Yolly and the Staff of vmall/shangrila iStudio
    by the way I got the firmware version I was looking for .

#38 pajamas_001, Sep 12, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  19. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

I believe how much they set the price is up to the reseller. I think SRP is more like a general guideline then a mandatory rule.

20. sbuckspodium

sbuckspodium Member

@jbbolong SRP isn't actually followed in a lot of products aside from Apple. A trip to different grocery stores or bookstores will give you a lot more products. Some even have different prices from labels as compared to when they are rung up at the register.

As well as areas sometimes items in the north side of town are cheaper than in the south and the provinces.

Being informed and a level head is still the way to go, as with what did.