Is there a recording utility for IP cameras?

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by noweev, Mar 25, 2008.

1. noweev

noweev Member

I just got myself an IP camera and it comes with a recording utility already... unfortunately it works for windows only. I can view the video feed on my mac since it's browser based, but the recording utility in only for Windows.

Would anyone know if there's a recording utility for Mac? hopefully freeware, but if not, I'm ok to pay :)

2. ailes

ailes Active Member

3. madmax168

madmax168 Active Member

What brand and model is your ipcamera?

4. noweev

noweev Member

5. alikishi

alikishi Well-Known Member

how much did you get it and can you see the feed even if you are outside the home network (assuming that you will use it at home)

6. noweev

noweev Member

It comes with a 1-year free dynamic DNS account so I just access the link I setup with it. I got it for P7,000.

I can view it from anywhere I can get wifi access. I can also access it via EDGE but it's really very sluggish. Over wifi, the quality is fine. I can view my son at home anytime :)

7. baboyako

baboyako Member

yes they're really nice. i've got 3 installed in the house. i even made my own webpage to view all 3 cameras in 1 page. got them super cheap at around P3,000 each.

8. noweev

noweev Member

How do you make a webpage to do this? I want to add more cameras at home too :)

9. lamski

lamski PhilMUG Addict Member

Check if Gawker is for you. According to the info, it can also detect and use IP cameras. It's for mac and its free! :D

10. baboyako

baboyako Member

just make a webpage with the code that accesses the cameras