is Strontium RAM compatible?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by junedale.amador, Jul 5, 2009.

1. junedale.amador

hi, i have this situation wherein my macbook, after a kernel panic and reinstallation of the software won't accept the previous strontium RAM (2x 1g 667htz PC2 5300)that i installed. before that kernel panic it worked perfectly fine but now the sleep indicator just keeps on pulsating but it doesn't boot up. when i install the original RAM provided by Apple it worked fine. i tried mixing different rams but only the Apple provided RAM works. the other Slots says its empty. can anyone help me please..

2. mig

mig Active Member

Broken ram. Send it back.

3. junedale.amador

actually it's new the old ones has been exchanged by two new ones since it's still covered by the warranty.. thanks anyways. still got any idea?

4. mig

mig Active Member

I'm confused. What do you mean by "Apple provided RAM"? Are these the sticks that originally came with your Mac?

I was under the impression that you upgraded your memory and that the chips you installed yourself no longer work.

5. mark_17

mark_17 Active Member

have it replaced again, if it still doesn't work then switch to a different brand... preferably a known/branded one.

6. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

kingston, transcend, team elite, owc, corsair, samsung brands

7. miggytanya

miggytanya Member

I have been itching to ask this...

Does anyone know what aftermarket RAM is best for a 13" MBP? Since the thread is about ram and all, please allow me to ask the question here sir Junedale.Amador. Thanks!

8. ishg

ishg I'm female!
    Staff Member Supporter

I think you should direct your question here. :)

9. junedale.amador

dont mind you ask the question here but next time you should start a new thread ok. have a nice day..

10. junedale.amador

i dont mind, but next time please start a new thread, i'm really in a hurry to get answers to my querries.

11. junedale.amador

Apple provided rams are the ones that came with my macbook. i upgraded my memory to 2gigs using the strontium RAMs, but after the Kernel panic those rams no longer work. i exchanged the RAMs with new ones but with the same brand since thats the policy the warranty covers.

my iWork runs slowly and I can hear some stuttering in my bose companion 3 speakers because itunes has to log ever so slowly. i need immediate help please.

12. mark_17

mark_17 Active Member

replace the rams with another brand... if problem still persists then your problem is not the rams anymore.

13. mig

mig Active Member

The memory that came with your computer has nothing to do with it.

The ram you bought and used to upgrade is faulty though. Get it replaced.

14. junedale.amador

Got it replaced at Apple recently. It's so expensive for just two little RAMs.