Is my mbp (a1502)display damage/broken?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Edupacs, May 28, 2018.

1. Edupacs

Edupacs New Member

Need your help. Is my screen damaged/broken? My phone accidently bumped onto the monitor. Not expecting it would damage the screen that easily. Where to have it fixed that's not too costly. Do some one have a deadunit with working display that i can buy?

Attached Files:

2. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

Hey bro sorry to hear that you cracked your screen.

Option you have are
    -Authorised service centers like power mac / beyond the box.
    -Greenhills look for a dead unit that has a working top cover X lcd
    -Alibaba or aliexpress :)

I personally would go look for a dead unit that has working LCD :) save some $$$

Edupacs likes this.
  3. Edupacs

Edupacs New Member

Thanks Don Pao!
    I would probably go look for a dead unit. Hope someone in this group have a A1502 lcd lying around.

Do you have any idea thou if ever i replace the lcd only? What part no. Should i buy? Because i saw a video in youtube of replacing the lcd only.

Thanks again!!

4. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

Hi Bro can you try Ryan Lazaro search the guy at facebook. recently i ordered an original part for a 2012 MBP from him. galing dead unit. got it cheap and original :) then installed it my self.

https://www.facebook.com/AppleTechGuy

5. Edupacs

Edupacs New Member

Thanks sir.

6. Edupacs

Edupacs New Member

Just my luck. First my retina display broke. Got it up on external monitor, working just fine. Now, my MBP is dead. Totally dead. Charging but wont turn on. Tried the 10 sec., Hold bunch of keys then turn on, and all that stuff and still get the same result... Dead! Will bring it to mac tomorrow for checkup. If cost is >30k, forget about it. If any of you is interested in memory or ssd, message me.

7. Edupacs

Edupacs New Member

Fyi. After my MBP spending the night in laptop bag, its now working again. What a real pain in the @ss.