Is apple getting strict in warranty claim?

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by imperialv, Mar 1, 2012.

1. imperialv

imperialv Member

My iPad2 has a problem with the lcd. The technician from PowerMac assessed it as black spot and bleeding from left to right. Since my ipad's warranty will end on May, 2012, I asked them if I can claim it thru warranty. Here is what the technician told me, since my iPad2 has some physical dent on the edges, Apple might disapprove the warranty even if the dent has nothing to do with the damage... They will send photos of the dent and let the apple guys decide whether to approve it or not. In case that my claim is disaapproved, I need to call Apple for reconsideration... Anybody has experience on this???

2. littlewingz08

littlewingz08 Well-Known Member

they are not getting strict. its there protocol ever since. i've read some article before that their iphones was not been able to claim its warranty just because of some minor scratches on the silver bezel.

i suggest try calling apple directly instead. they are very accomodating and might reconsider the issue if ever.

3. PatrickGaerlan

PatrickGaerlan Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Not really surprising. An Apple-authorized tech here doesn't have nearly as much leeway as an actual Apple Genius when determining what's covered by warranty or not. This sounds like SOP, they need to be sure that any "questionable" warranty claim is cleared by Apple.

4. 650h2

650h2 Active Member

dent is always been a ground for voiding apple warranty. Another thing that voids warranty is the activation of any of the Liquid spill indicators incorporated in numerous places in Apple products.

5. v8designstudio

Just go with the flow. Chances are, you won't be disappointed.

6. Bonedoc

Bonedoc New Member

Try calling apple support direct first (thru their toll free lines) my experience with Apple support for warranties is so far, nothing but superb. Had the same experience with asking a replacement for a defective gpu induce logic board malfunction of my MBP. my MBP is 4 years old, way off the warranty. The AASP told me repair/replacement cost will not be covered by Apple. Called Apple, explained my case, and after a few more discussions, they made an exception in my case and replaced my MBP, talked to the AASP themselves and fixed my MBP at no cost! Of course yours maybe a different case, but try calling their support first, make sure you have a case number as record of the discussion..be patient.

7. rednaxela

rednaxela Active Member

My iPad 2 had a bad dent in one corner as well and was complaining about severe backlight bleeding. Was denied a replacement from Digital Hub.

I remained persistent and brought it to another ASP (Ynzal T. Morato c/o Mr. Cid). They elevated my case to manager level based in Singapore and got a replacement that took two weeks to ship from SG. I'm all good now. Hope they can help you too.

8. alanis_junkie

alanis_junkie Well-Known Member

my then iphone 4 had a problematic home button and with dent on 1 of its corners. since i was in sg that time, I tried to have it replaced. in less than 2 hrs I got a refurbed iphone 4 as replacement. they didn't even asked what caused the dent. no harm in trying ;)

9. MacSonic 779

MacSonic 779 Member

Just to correct, it's Senco Link and not Ynzal in the T Morato cor Sct Lozano. Mr Cid is one of the reliable Mac technician I have done business with. One time the built in DVD writer of my Mac conked out. Cid was kind enough to have a tech guy come over to run a MRI to my place since bringing the desktop to their service center was a hassle and too heavy. And when ypu ask tech questions, he is "makwento" and gives tips sometmes.

10. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

Look for my thread "sad ipad 2 story" dent issue din kaya ayaw palitan. Napalitan naman but the experience was very frustrating

11. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

even i went through this when my old MBA developed a crack in the hinge and showed a small dent on the case in a corner that had nothing to do with the hinge. the case was elevated to singapore, and ultimately resolved in my favor. it's just SOP.

12. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mmm.....I followed your advice and had it done as well but we (owners of the old MBA) have the benefit of an advisory from Apple Inc. so approval (from Singapore) was proforma. In this case, it will not be as easy but worth the try.

13. err

err Member

i had the trackpad and the top case of my macbook (2008) fixed last year. the tech guys of powermac noticed that the battery was bloated as well. what i know is that the battery is not part of the warranty and so i was told by powermac too. when i claimed it back, not only did they fix the trackpad and top case but they also replaced the battery!

yes i think that's just SOP that they give you a heads up of what could possibly happen.

14. imperialv

imperialv Member

Thank you guys.. I hope the warranty gets approve...

Can you give me some tips?

15. rednaxela

rednaxela Active Member

Oops my bad. Yup it is indeed Senco Link. All you gotta do is ask nicely. :)

16. minokawa

minokawa Member

Wow. What did you tell them to make them agree?

17. imperialv

imperialv Member

Here is an update. I was informed by powermac that my ipad2 was denied for warranty claim. I called apple and asked if they will reconsider and replace the ipad. The head supervisor told me to give them at least 24 hours to study my case. I hope the outcome will be ok.

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Tapatalk

18. honeymay

honeymay Member

any update on your request for reconsideration? thanks

19. Miel03

Miel03 New Member

Did they give you any update on your request?

20. Hannerrrific

Hannerrrific New Member

Hi everyone, i noticed that there's a black triangle on the upper left edge of my iphone. I bought this through Smart last December 2015 and it is still under the 1 year warranty. There are no any scratches or dents because I use my phone with outmost care. I just saw this black area earlier. Is this something to worry about? Can anyone help me on the next steps I need to do?

Thank you in advace!