iPhoto Book Printing Now Available Through PictureBooks

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by chu, May 29, 2006.

1. chu

chu Active Member

To those who use iPhoto and have wished to be able to print the book albums, our new service called PictureBooks can do it for you. We take your digital pictures assemble it using iPhoto and print them into customized books (just choose your theme). Since most of you have iPhoto you can just create your own: Choose the size, the theme, assemble the book (it's actually fun) and when its all done and you've proofed everything just go to File>Print then on the lower left there's a Save as PDF drop down option, save your file as a PDF and bring it over to our outlets on a memory stick or CD. The turnaround time is about 4 working days. For more details please visit our webpage for the service at :

www.central.com.ph/picturebooks.jpg

Current outlets are:

CentralBooks inside Goodwill Bookstore Glorietta 2nd Floor, Tel 892-7050 Terry
    CentralBooks along Quezon Avenue 927 Phoenix Building, between Roosevelt Avenue and Araneta Avenue. Map:http://www.central.com.ph/page2/DirectionsQA.htm
    Soon we are going to be opening 2 more outlets, 1 in Greenhills shopping complex, the other in Paseo Uno Mall (soon to come).

Hope you all come check it out. If you have any questions/comments/even complaints you can email me at [email protected] I'll try my best to personally help fellow Muggers!

- Chu Sibal

I apologize if this might seem SPAM like but I'm hoping there are many Mac users who would like/appreciate this service. Being a Mac Fanatic myself I deliberately chose to use the Mac platform and iPhoto for the very reason that I wanted to use my Mac and iPhoto to do my own albums (as opposed to a typical Windows/Photoshop Elements setup)

#1 chu, May 29, 2006
    Last edited: May 30, 2006
  2. essay

essay Active Member

Cool!

Thanks, chu! I know this info willl become handy in the future! At least, for me. :)

More power!

3. XyNo

XyNo Member

this is great. hope you could post the pricing also as this may be an alternative to lab prints.

4. essay

essay Active Member

there's pricing in the link chu gave... ah you mean, put it in the thread? :)

5. chu

chu Active Member

Hi XyNo, the pricing is on our webpage, actually the pricing can be competitive since the Medium and Large size books can accomodate quite a number of photos in one page, for the Medium I think 6 photos in a page for the large up to 16 all depending on the theme. The really nice thing though is that you can have your personalized captions per page and it really is like telling a personalized story with your photos. My problem was always that I took lots of pictures with my point and shoot digital camera but either just stored them on my hard drive and forgot about them, sometimes I had them developed but those loose photos would just get stocked in my drawer! Now when I have a certain group of photos I really want to keep it becomes a real book that I'm proud to share and show around. i've even given a couple as gifts! I know I'm selling the service so I'm biased but I find it to be very useful not just gimmicky.

6. XyNo

XyNo Member

My bad, I missed the link right there in front of my face. I think i might want to try this out. I'll send you an PM chu for I need to know how much add-on charge if you ship it to Cebu City. Thanks!

7. chu

chu Active Member

Yup we can arrange something like that, you can upload the files over to me and I'll ship it over. I think its about P65/book through Aboitiz. Anyway, just email me and let's make it work.

8. scuba_holic

scuba_holic Member

Makati - Calamba and everywhere inbetween
    Hey this is really cool.

I already went to Goodwill and saw some samples of the picturebooks. The small book is perfect for the grandparents and parents to carry around and show off to their friends!!!!

I'm just finishing up some of my layouts and i'll bring it over soon. Do philmuggers get a special discount? hehehe

Btw, where is Paseo Uno Mall?

#8 scuba_holic, May 30, 2006
    Last edited: May 30, 2006
  9. jmamangun

jmamangun Member

you willing to ship in hk?

10. chu

chu Active Member

He He I'll have to work on a PhilMug promo, let me just think it over...definitely would like to give something to the Mac Community. Stay tuned.
    HK? Sure why not, let's study and see if the shipping is reasonable and cost-effective. Send me an email anyway so we can exchange ideas on it. Hey if Longbeard can get stuff here why not the other way- although I'm really still amazed at his service.

11. chu

chu Active Member

Well, we just did our dry run and the samples we have in-store were definitely early prototypes, we've since improved our quality and our paper so we're in the midst of refreshing the samples. The final books these days are much improved, although obviously it really is still dependent on how good the source photos are, some really good ones appear like coffee table book prints. All in all we are striving to make it a good, cost-effective, no hassle service but certainly at this stage things may fall through the cracks, don't hesitate to email me directly if you have comments/complaints, I'll try my best to personally take care of each one. Currently if you have special requests/circumstances you're best bet is the QA branch as its our head office and me or my production manager Lads Dasco can personally attend to you.

12. XyNo

XyNo Member

cool, now i only need some time to make my book and email it to you. will let you know then. thanks!

13. hannibal

hannibal Guest

this is indeed nice and great for us who use iPhoto. i'll definitely drop by this week to try it out. but, yes, i think i can use a mugger's discount. ;)

14. berniej

berniej Active Member

Hey! This is great! I'll drop by Goodwill within the week and look at the samples. If I'm still convinced, I think I'll have at least one set made. :) Sana nga may discount for the MUGgers? :D

15. 48check

48check Member

Do I need to set the photos dpi to 300 and resize it to be ready for printing?

16. jmamangun

jmamangun Member

ok. think it over. i'll wait for your idea. i don't know kasi if there is a same service like yours here.

don't forget the philmug discount!:)

17. chu

chu Active Member

Hi folks, stay tuned, I'll work out some promo for Muggers!
    I'll also work out a system where you guys can just make the books in iPhoto, save them as pdf, send them to me (through a website), email me the instructions and deposit to a bank account (emailing me a copy of the deposit slip), then I can mail the books to you anywhere in the country via Aboitiz within 5 days of receipt of payment.

18. chu

chu Active Member

Hi 48 Check, no need as long as your using the save as PDF option found in iPhoto's print dialogue. OS X sets the optimum resolution for printing already. In practice, we find that the resolution is sets is excellent for the purpose of a photo book.

19. hannibal

hannibal Guest

now that's what you call good customer service. i hope you can make it happen. ;)

20. Fidel

Fidel Member

Cool, just saw this thread now. Will visit you guys when I fix up my photos. :)