iPhone XS and XS Max

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by shakra00, Sep 13, 2018.

1. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

#941 raypin, Jan 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  2. josephtan2k

josephtan2k Member

Mmm, so “dual sim” is really not supported in the ph yet?
    Any news about it?

3. potpot2

potpot2 Well-Known Member

raypin likes this.
  4. raypin

Mm..dual sim (nano/nano sim iPhone) = no compatibility problems. Dual sim (eSIM/Nano sim) = Globe is now rolling out support. Call Globe for details or backread Globe threads. Smart is not yet ready to support eSIM.

josephtan2k likes this.
  5. josephtan2k

josephtan2k Member

Ill read on Globe, so if this is true then one can use Globe esim and Smart nano sim? I assume that in order to do this you will have to buy an openline phone from local authorized resellers right? Thanks!

6. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

^yup i'm using that combo globe esim + smart nano sim on my unlocked XS Max...

7. mongkee

mongkee Well-Known Member

Benefited from the dual physical-sim function of the XS Max recently... went on holiday abroad and prior to departure I purchased a travel SIM (prepaid data roaming SIM). When I got to my destination, just popped in the travel SIM and set it to function as/provide cellular data only so all my communication lines still use my Smart number (regular call/SMS, iMessage and Viber). Didn't have to "adopt" a non-PH number while on holiday plus the convenience of not having to lug around a rental pocket wifi

Pupkin and raypin like this.
  8. raypin

Mm...which travel sim?

9. josephtan2k

josephtan2k Member

Where did you buy your iPhone from?

10. mongkee

mongkee Well-Known Member

This one... AIS Sim2fly Asia & Australia 8 Days Unlimited Data for PhP 800

The folks there at Travel SIM PH were easy to talk to. I guess they haven't had much experience using their SIMs with the newer dual-SIM iPhones that they couldn't provide me exact instructions as to how to set it up on my XS Max so I just had to wing it. Fortunately, it was very simple and straightforward to set it up: upon detecting the new SIM, i was just asked what function you wanted it to do and one of the options available was to use it for cellular data only. So i picked that, turn on data roaming on that SIM's settings and didn't have to do anything else after except use my XS Max as I normally would

Connection speed wasn't really blazing fast I neither did I expect it to be anyway. But it was fast enough to use for navigation, web browsing, communication and... Pokemon Go :LOL: (tried a little YouTube as well and it was also ok but didn't use it on that extensively as not to use up the initial 4GB allowance for LTE connection)

jesusluison and raypin like this.
  11. polyx

polyx Member

Just got my esim from globe for my iphone XS max, and my sisters iphone XR, she is in SG and curently roaming, she activated it the esim without a hitch, i just send her a copy or the QR code, now she enjoys the benefit of having a dual sim iphone.

raypin, shootertwist and MharDelaCruz like this.
  12. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

powermac bro...

josephtan2k likes this.
  13. icebreaker08

icebreaker08 New Member

Sir ask Ko Lang, what if I buy the single sim at AJT may Apple warranty ba yun Na 1 year Sa authorized service centers of Apple here both service and parts if I purchase the Xsmax at AJT gadget? Thank you

jesusluison likes this.
  14. suigeneris

suigeneris Well-Known Member

I think as long as its the same Model Code released here in PH they will honor warranty based on the serial number. That’s what some have experienced since the iPX.

jesusluison likes this.
  15. OwlAlpha26

OwlAlpha26 Active Member

I'm sorry "if" it has been asked long time ago. If you set up your Globe plan via eSim in your Xs/Max, will it lock your iPhone's slot(1 or 2) to this network?

If no, means you can remove this network setup anytime you like?

Bought my FU MAX from PMC actually.

#955 OwlAlpha26, Feb 8, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  16. ishg

ishg I'm female!
    Staff Member

No, if your phone came unlocked initially (which I assume it is since it came from PMC) there's no way it would be locked after purchase just by using a particular carrier's eSIM.

Yes, you can replace the eSIM with that of a different carrier or revert to using a physical SIM or both, whenever you want.

OwlAlpha26 likes this.
  17. OwlAlpha26

OwlAlpha26 Active Member

Ok great! Thanks for the help. (y)

Now I'm set to get a Globe plan. Gonna go for the cheapest one since I have a 2k php SMART Plan. Targeting that 499 php price spot. Just a backup tho. ;)

18. raypin

Mm...was looking for a wireless car charger and found this in HK. Tested it and the Qi charger works with the iPhone Xs Max (with case):

Good product.

jesusluison and hitme64 like this.
  19. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

@raypin You’re in HK now ha? So how’s the Crown Colony today? Bet it’s not as cold as it used to be...

I still haven’t had my esim issued to me since globe csr called me if i wanted to. I find the hassle of going over to globe just to get the esim time consuming. I asked if they could just send the QR code and they still have to discuss this with their supervisor. Three weeks is that long to ask their supervisor i guess.

20. ishg

ishg I'm female!
    Staff Member

I'm using the same setup. Two postpaid plans, one from Globe (eSIM) and one from SMART (physical SIM). Though, the Globe one is my primary. :)

MharDelaCruz likes this.