iPhone XS and XS Max

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by mosaka, Sep 13, 2018.

1. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

They will give you a SIM "card" that contains a QR Code that you scan using the telco app to activate the eSIM.

teleclem and hitme64 like this.
  2. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

The nano/nano SIM slot phone models are only available in China and HK. All others have eSIM/nano.

3. donsiapno

donsiapno Active Member

A good review from the makers of Moment lenses.

4. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

The eSIM functionality will work for frequent travelers who can get prepaid plans from countries they visit, like the US and UK and in certain Euro states, while retaining their cellular plan in the physical SIM...this is actually what makes it so viable and convenient

5. Xotigu

Xotigu Active Member

I'm excited for those who'll get theirs this month. I think i'll pass on this release.
    Gone are the days na yearly ako mag upgrade ng phone, medyo pricey for me na kasi ang Xs lineup :cry:

6. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

XS users, do you use tempered glass? Thinking of going no tempered glass this time. Hmm.

7. cholale

cholale Member

I tried the cheap ones for 150 only, pero walang oleophobic coating so i just removed it kakairita may fingerprint palagi if cheap tempered glass :(

8. Sunil_K

Sunil_K PhilMUG Addict Member

Get the tempered glass bro... it will save you money in the future if you drop your phone. trust me on this (speaking from experience)

hitme64 likes this.
  9. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

Not worth the loss of peace of mind. My max will get tempered just like my X. Least the tempered glass will go before my screen.

hitme64 and Sunil_K like this.
  10. suigeneris

suigeneris Well-Known Member

Been wanting to go screen nekkid for quite awhile. Not just with iPhones but with my Galaxies but I always end up getting one. My S8 plus back then I didn’t use a TG and it got 2 deep scratches I don’t even know how. I don’t mix my phones with anything in my pocket. Quite an expensive lesson.

For now with my XS Max I have a generic so called 9D tempered glass. Works fine naman. No issues with touch or screen visibility/ discoloration.

On my Note 8 i invested on a Whitestone Dome Glass and it feels fantastic, just loke touching glass. Will probably get Whitestone for the XS Max whe it becomes available.

11. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...minimum protection is using a tempered glass. The display is the most vulnerable to damage from accidental drops.

This year, I ve decided to go naked (not use any case) with my Xs Max but opted to retain the tempered glass. Only other “protection” is the key ring. Muscle memory = automatic use of the key ring whenever I use my iPhone to guard against accidental drops. To guard against scratches, I use a phone pouch before slipping the phone on my pant’s pocket or bag.

My Watch minimizes taking out the iPhone specially when I am walking (greatest risk of accidental drops or bumps).

potpot2 and hitme64 like this.
  12. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

What brand are you using? So much for the advertised new more durable screen then. :censored:

Did you break an X's screen? Well, hopefully I won't drop my phone at all. I never dropped my previous iPhone, but my cat did (thus the scuffs). I'm now more convinced due to the replies here. (y)

This is exactly my setup. I always keep my phones in pouches and just rely on the watch for important notifications. Now that Series 4 is another thing to think about post XS.....

potpot2 and raypin like this.
  13. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

I used the best thing Charlie had when he first released the X. Will probably do the same this Friday as well.

My screen on my X is fine but the tempered glass has taken a beating... but it has left a very good iPhone X glass and body for the mrs lol

warmgreentea likes this.
  14. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

Preordered mine already at powermac, was waiting for beyond the box also contacted them twice since i always buy apple stuff from them but all i got were generic replies and told to just go to the midnight launch... what’s good about powermac is u can pay now then just pick it up on the first day of release and i also get an option to line up for their midnight launch at least my 256gb iphone xs max is assured na (i hope hehe) since its paid for na. I hope btb also has something similar if not this year for next year...

15. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

16. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

17. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

18. scoflip

scoflip Well-Known Member

Bought one from AJT Gadget World. Competitive price and the dual sim feature is a nice addition!

19. docnico

docnico PhilMUG Addict Member

BTB and PowerMac have released their pricing. They are P2000 pesos higher than Apple’s SRP in PH website. I didn’t know that they can now charge higher than Apple’s SRP.

20. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member