iPhone Xr

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by jetan, Sep 13, 2018.

1. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

They're new to the game to say the least, UX on those Nokia phones are atrocious anyway and I want to see the Apple approach as dual sim becomes the norm down the line.

2. textguru

textguru Member

So now I am getting the option to ask BTB for discounted price to have it Unlocked.

Got it... and nice review. Do you have both SIM active on your review?

3. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...switching lines before making calls = no problem with the dual sim iPhone. The problem is with sending SMS.

4. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

That’s where the need for improvement comes in.

5. on_arb

on_arb Member

Will the unlocked version of iPhone XR bought from Apple Store's US website work in the Philippines (Globe / Smart)?

6. raypin

Mm...yes, it will. If you check the specs from Apple PH and Apple USA for the Xr, there are minor differences in network specs. The US Xr speaks CDMA, in addition to LTE/GSM which is the standard here. Go ahead and buy.

7. ivin

ivin Active Member

Yup it will, bought mine there

8. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

so I just got wife a 128GB Red.coming from a 7, she’s happy.

Our first purchase from AJT. A pleasant experience, test to sawa, great cash price, free clear silicon case. They also offer 12mos scheme.

Ejaxene and raypin like this.
  9. Ejaxene

Ejaxene Well-Known Member

@Theus Do you know to which banks/cards they offer the 12 months? Thanks

10. Theus

Metrobank/BPI/BDO (15-18% additional for 12mos)

Ejaxene likes this.
  11. Ejaxene

Ejaxene Well-Known Member

Red one is very pretty in person... I like it over my Gold XS Max... Thanks @Theus for the answer

Theus likes this.
  12. icebreaker08

icebreaker08 New Member

Hi sir does your XS Max comes with a 1 year Apple warranty at authorized Apple service centers here? I was supposed to buy 256gb XS Max yesterday and went to BTB, pmc, i studio and AJT . And asked BTB service center and they said they cover both authorized and unauthorized Apple reseller units as long as the unit has Apple warranty and has not been opened by anyone. The BTB service center said there have been cases of newly purchased iPhones which have been brought to them for repair and found out that their units aren't brand new at all and their Apple warranty have already expired or used. ( mostly from unauthorized gh resellers) . So just want to ask if your Apple products from AJT have Apple warranty. And guaranteed brand new and not refurbished? Thank you sir new member here :)

13. raypin

Mm...my personal rule for iPhones: if it is gray unit, assume no warranty coverage locally. If it is from Apple PH and authorized reseller, you enjoy full local warranty and service coverage. If the one year local warranty is non-negotiable on your part, don’t buy gray units. Period.

I’ve always had gray units from the very start (going back to the first iPhone from AT&T, jailbroken or my iPhone 7 Plus is from eBay US). Why? Because I am a first adopter. I always want it yesterday (no patience to wait for local launch). It is a calculated risk: I am betting that the iPhone will outlast the 1 year period. After that, pantay lahat (locally procured from gray or official sales channels). So far, my gamble has worked in my favor.

As for previously owned sold as new, it depends in the Ghills vendor and timing. Common sense will tell you that if you procured an iPhone from a Ghills vendor SO CLOSE to the global launch day for the iPhone ( or any device for that matter), it HAS to be brand new. There is no other logical conclusion.

Example: my iPhone Xs Max was procured Sept 21, the exact, same day as the global release of the iPhone Xs Max. Of course it is brand new.

#393 raypin, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    jesusluison and Theus like this.
  14. Theus

SOP - you should always check SN here to verify. AJT actually encourages their clients to do this. once unit checks out, test it to your satisfaction. i spent a good half an hour doing this (calls & SMS both outgoing & incoming, cameras (stills & videos), display settings, youtube, itunes,etc.

7 days replacement with AJT but units are HK (at least the one i got). I asked, they said HK will service this just in case. with the cost savings, i didn't mind. really depends on your risk aversion ;)

merlthepearl and raypin like this.
  15. icebreaker08

icebreaker08 New Member

yes the lady said check the serial number of the box (without opening the phone itself to check for serial on sim tray and settings ) in apple's site to confirm that the unit is new. Is that the only way to verify that the iPhone is brand new and not refurbished? Coz I was wondering why BTB said there are a lot of cases wherein new purchased iPhones from (unauthorized Apple resellers) are brought to them for repair and discovered that units were not actually brand new . BTB also said only technicians can identify new and refurbished iPhones . Ty! Yes they told me hk models are serviced in hk

16. icebreaker08

icebreaker08 New Member

Sir is checking the serial number on box (prior to opening ) and confirming warranty on Apple site the only way to verify that the unit you purchase is brand new? By checking the warranty if it started the day you purchased . Or this doesn't guarantee that an iPhone is brand new ? I'm tempted to buy the 512 XS Max at AJT but was wondering why the price is just 74k which was way below SG/hk/us/Aus/PHl SRP.

raypin likes this.
  17. raypin

Mm...yes. Check the serial on the link provided by @Theus. Activate the device using your Apple ID before paying (ask permission from them that you want to make sure it can be activated with no problem). Make sure you have written down your Apple ID password on a piece of paper (test your Apple credentials prior to leaving home to make sure you have it right). Other than that, there is no other way to verify the “newness” of the iPhone.

When in doubt, don’t. Caveat emptor.

18. raypin

Mm...was able to spend some time handling the Xr in Appe Store in HK. My first impression the moment I touched it? It is a premium phone and definitely not an entry level phone. It felt wonderful to handle and I like the 6.1” size. Goldilocks size. Love the red Xr and the blue.

Theus likes this.
  19. Theus

^ I still envy wife’s red Xr. she even sometimes catches me admiring it. Boring daw space gray Xs ko :LOL:

jesusluison and raypin like this.
  20. raypin

Mm...the color of the Xr is palpably iridescent. It just pops out. Makes my space gray Xs Max look boring in comparison. It has this youthful vibe. Screams fun to use. Did I notice the LCD display? Nope. Looks mighty fine to my eyes.

jesusluison and jayparalejas like this.