iPhone Xr

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by jetan, Sep 13, 2018.

1. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

Played with their SG Trade-In site yesterday...

They'll only give S$100 for my 6S

2. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

iPhone XR now on sale at Lazada Apple official reseller 47,XXX plus 12%-20% Off using vouchers Max 600 pesos discount with vouchers. Tempeting if only i needed a new phone :)

3. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

After a couple of weeks of giving it my best shot, I traded back my XR for the old X that I gave my wife. She's indifferent to the models, but I found myself missing the X for two reasons: its better Portrait mode (especially Stage Light, which works only on human figures in the XR, although a limited software solution is supposed to be in the works) and the fact that the size of the X still allows one-handed use much more easily for me than the XR ( my thumb can still reach across). To each his own, of course, but until I can save up for the XS I'll be happy with the X ;) And my wife, I'm sure, will love the XR.

rdy0329, iamtonypet, Ghibli and 2 others like this.
  4. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

^The X is still the better choice instead of the XR and like every husband who condescends to his wife when confronted with a new purchase, I am more than glad to tell her this is my Christmas gift to her...

Remember: Happy wife, happy life.

5. amieldh

amieldh Active Member

:ROFLMAO:

6. k1ng_archer

k1ng_archer Member

Hello fellow members! My friend recently got a brand new iPhone XR from the states so it’s locked. He was asking for help, where he could unlock here in Manila. Any recommendations?

7. prof_er

prof_er Active Member

Awwww. I dont think so he will be able to unlock the unit. Unless he do the stuff we cant discuss here. Hahaha

k1ng_archer likes this.
  8. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

How could it be locked if it was brand new?

9. k1ng_archer

k1ng_archer Member

He said it’s locked with the carrier, Xfinity Mobile.

10. raze19

raze19 Active Member

He can try using one of those chips that cost 150 petot up.

11. lion0423

lion0423 Member

I'm on vacation in the US right now and I availed of the Apple GiveBack program. I traded my 2x iPhone 6 Plus units (16GB & 128GB) and got a trade-in value of $200 for each phone. I purchased an iPhone XR Red 128GB for half the price!

Switch Philippines APR has the same trade-in program. I had my 2 units appraised before I left for the US. They valued my iPhone 6 Plus 16GB at P4,500 and the 128GB variant at P6,800. The Apple program gives a better deal.

12. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

Same sentiments with regards to one hand use. But if given a choice, XR wins for battery life and low-light photos no contest. Need lang niya mag diet.

I still have my X which, don't get me wrong, I adore for OLED and one hand use. I'm torn to the Max! (heh).

Theus likes this.
  13. rvaph

rvaph Active Member

I finally got my iPhone Xr Product red. Coming from an iPhone SE it felt so huge in my hands. I usually use both hands when I write messages so that is not a problem. This thing is pretty though.

Theus and jayparalejas like this.
  14. macjobber

macjobber Well-Known Member

Fyi

A legit China seller at Shopee with almost perfect reviews...

Add GADGETZONE8 voucher (valid till 12-31)

2 weeks delivery

No warranty
    received_282370022636378.jpeg

rimewire likes this.
  15. gpo74

gpo74 Well-Known Member

So I finally shifted to esim for my XR my question is how do you send messeges if I want to use the 2nd line. Can’t seem to find an option for that

16. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...you can’t once you have an existing messaging thread with your contact. Two exceptions/conditions:

1. Only when an SMS failed to get through (poor signal for instance) will you be able to either: try again, cancel or send the SMS through your other line.

2. If you have no existing messaging thread with a contact, you can choose which line to initiate an SMS.

hitme64 likes this.
  17. textguru

textguru Member

Thinking of getting XR from Smart or Globe. Just worried on eSIM if its locked on their network. Any thoughts?

18. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

Yup, Physical and eSim are locked.

Long-term addendum to my review of the XR:

1. I'm now so used to the screen size that my old X feels small (again). I was a Plus-user pre-iPhone X and the privilege of additional real-estate is coming back to me now.
    2. The weight made apparent when it slipped from my hands and landed on my nose in bed hurt like hell. This is a slippery phone (Alum sides!)
    3. You don't really notice screen quality over time. Even after going back and forth with my X, normal use-case scenarios don't really warrant a second take.
    4. Battery champ all around. I normally trickle charge my X and still left wanting by the end of the day. Not this phone, I end my day with 70% when trickle charging (car, office table etc) and 20-30% when I'm out and about from 7AM-10PM with no charger. LTE and BT are ON all the time.

For me it earns and retains it's best value designation for all the new iPhones.

vrl29, iamtonypet, vtf and 3 others like this.
  19. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

This kind of takes out the purpose of having two sims actually...I miss those Dual-sim Nokias where you can choose what line to send texts or make calls...so simple they are

20. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...yeah, perhaps in the next firmware update, iOS dual sim will allow the option to change lines from within an existing messaging thread. I’d like that error corrected.

For calls naman, no problem switching carriers on the fly. You can use either line (click the line before calling).

iamtonypet likes this.