iPhone X

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by CMWRay, Sep 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

Apple initiated replacement means service and repair income is minimized. I'm sure apple pays the fees behind closed doors but PMC would have to collect rather than get easy money for basically looking at your phone. "Diagnostic fees etc."

2. pinoyslinger

pinoyslinger Active Member

Yo'ure welcome guys.

PMC North EDSA replaced my Globe issued iPhone5, because of bloated battery on February 2016 without any certification requirement and I got a replacement unit after a few weeks. That's the reason why I went to PMC for my iPhoneX. But..... anyways,

My iPhoneX replacement is my second Switch transaction, the first was my apple watch series1 and they replaced it with a series 2 because of a bloated battery without any red tape. :)

#1962 pinoyslinger, Dec 3, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    Netskipper likes this.
  3. Kleithxx

Kleithxx Well-Known Member

Is it possible guys na makuha same day yung replacement? :( we’re from bataan pa and planning to bring it sa branch ng Switch sa Manila.

4. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

Hi Chances are slim. But to share i had a same day Replacement from Power Mac (trinoma) way back iPhone 5 days because of the bloated battery. but they declined at first because unit is out of warranty but there's a recall for it. tricky part is Battery is Slightly bloated lang i feel sa top part i mean very slightly lang. fast forward after 30mins on the phone with apple Power mac replaced my unit.

One of the best service center for me is QCD Robinsons Galleria had my iPhone 5s Replaced (under warranty) same day just waited for 4hours.

jayparalejas likes this.
  5. donski

donski Member

Hi guys. Need your opinion. My iPhone X is just 7 months (acquired May 5) and battery health dropped to 91% after updating to recent iOS update. Am a heavy user as you can see in the photo my average usage is 6 hrs 24 mins. Should I be worried? Do I need to avail the 1.5K battery replacement? Normal usage is LTE always on, location always on, Bluetooth (when driving but now am on vacation), Spotify, Waze, Netflix. I use power bank sometimes only. Main charger is the original apple charger, I usually charge at night from 12am to 6am since 4 hrs charging time. I charge once a day only with low power mode always activated. I rarely charge twice in a day (only when I use the phone for gaming). I charge at 5% up to 100% (I know the 80% rule but it’s a hassle to charge often). Thanks.

Attached Files:

6. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...dear heavy user: answer is obvious: go ahead. Besides, php1,500 is the cost of just 2 iMax tickets plus snacks. Think of it this way: php1,500 means you get back 9% of your X’s battery health. It is a re-set for you. Clock is ticking....

:p

#1966 raypin, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    donski likes this.
  7. racz41

racz41 Member

Is the 1500 battery replacement exclusive to PMC only? And are all units covered? I'm planning on getting my 8 plus serviced because my volume up button feels sticky and also gets stuck sometimes. If they're gonna open my phone might aswell get the battery replaced na din, sayang promo hehe

8. rdy0329

All authorized service center will accept your battery replacement request. Although since you mentioned a defect, you need to have that fixed first before they proceed with the battery itself.

Units covered are iPhone 6 models and newer (including SE but not 5s).

Standard spiel includes:
    1. Tempered Glass protectors might crack during the process, you need to agree to proceed.
    2. If ANY defect is spotted, you have to fix it first. Things like small cracks on the LCD panel is NO exception. You pay or go home.
    3. They take no responsibility for 3rd party parts that stops working after re-assembly
    4. Turn off find my iPhone and Backup beforehand.

racz41 likes this.
  9. racz41

racz41 Member

Looks like I have a few days to beat the hell out of my battery :whistle:, thanks for the clarification!

10. rdy0329

My friend’s iPhone 6s’ battery was at 77% before replacement. It was slow as hell due to performance management. Now, it’s ready to take on two more years.

That’s the problem with iPhones, battery tech can’t keep up with hardware longevity. Apple cornered themselves with this fiasco.

11. rdy0329

My friend’s iPhone 6s’ battery was at 77% before replacement. It was slow as hell due to performance management. Now, it’s ready to take on two more years.

That’s the problem with iPhones, battery tech can’t keep up with hardware longevity. Apple cornered themselves with this fiasco.

12. pinoyslinger

HI Sirs and Maams, Happy holidays! This has been happening to my iPhoneX for quite some time, both on my original and the new one, availed thru replacement program recently. Whenever I compose an SMS and start entering an unlisted number, this happens. The number space and keypad seems not in sync to what I am typing as if i pressed the delete key as you can see in the video. I presume this is a bug. Thank you for your opinion. :)

#1972 pinoyslinger, Dec 25, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  13. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone-x-display-module-replacement-program/#mn_p

14. pinoyslinger

15. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...just to preclude the possibility, have you tried using a different sim card? Does the error also occur when composing a post (say Philmug) or composing an email? Do an online typing test for all characters of the onscreen keyboard.

Another possibility: the tempered glass can also cause phantom touch.

16. pinoyslinger

Ill try another SIM card tomorrow. Only when I enter an unlisted contact number. No tempered glass installed. Thank you :)

17. i_Mak

i_Mak New Member

Hi guys! Do you have any idea where to buy ultra thin cases for iphone x? Thanks

18. iAmMichael05

iAmMichael05 Member

I think some branches of Digibabe, Techno, Hoco, etc offers ultra thin cases for iPhone X.

19. neilc

neilc Active Member

I am more of a power user than you, but my iPhone X is at 97% after a year. I worked in a the telco industry so go figure of how I use my phone for literally everything. The issue here is how you charge your phone. The 80% rule is a myth. Charge whenever you can, in the car, at the office, when you get home. Our batteries go through a cycle and its rated to have a number of cycles before it dies. One cycle is draining your battery to 0%. The trick lies in always having it fully charge.For example, my Macbook is 4 years old already but its battery cycle is only at 134. That's 1,460 days used with only less than 10% full battery cycle discharge.

Again, the trick here is to always have your iPhones or any other smart gadgets fully charged.

jesusluison likes this.
  20. rdy0329

Powermac has ODOYO brand jelly case that is one of the thinnest I've used. Kept my X pristine for about a year even when dropped multiple times. Definitely recommend it. Definitely as close as using your phone bare out of most of the cases I've tried.