iPhone X

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by CMWRay, Sep 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. denpacs

denpacs PhilMUG Addict Member

jmkerr12 likes this.
  2. jmkerr12

jmkerr12 Member

3. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

how would we know if we are included? i dont know if the problem with my X is the same. super slow response especially after calls. the screen is blank and touching the screen wont show the screen. i have to wait for the other party/line to hang up before my screen goes back to normal

4. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Active Member

That's the problem. Apple did not provide serial number checking for this replacement program.

5. ste@lth

ste@lth Well-Known Member

I suggest you bring it to Apple service center, they have ways to probe your devices and identify if your part of the recall, my wife’s phone had the battery issue and we brought it to Switch, replaced the battery free of charge as part of the recall program.

Ghibli likes this.
  6. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

Just in time. I've already experienced countless of frustrating scenarios such as some part of keyboard not clicking while extreme cases involves the whole display module freezing up and refusing to swipe up to go home or refuse to wake from sleep (but can receive calls and notif).

7. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

Did you wait for it to be replaced or did you have to leave it with them for more than 24 hours?

8. ramil

ramil Active Member

My iPhone X screen had touch issues a couple of months ago. I initially observed occasional phantom swipes and touches, even if I just left the phone on a table. Those issues manifested more often to the point that the phone became unusable. I made screen recordings as proof. I brought it to PowerMac for testing, and they confirmed the problem. They said a free screen replacement under warranty will take a couple of weeks, but they offered an expedited 3-hour replacement for P1,500. I took their offer, and I was able to get back my phone within the same day.

kyubi likes this.
  9. ste@lth

Was able to wait for it, brought it at Switch Marquee Mall

potpot2 and oldtimer like this.
  10. minenskie

minenskie Member

I brought mine at Powermac SM Annex today for battery replacement (89%) and asked them to further diagnose the unit if it has touch issues also since I am experiencing random intermittent response after tapping on the upper & lower part of the screen. They gave me 2-3 weeks TAT.

11. ste@lth

2 to 3 weeks TAT seems very long, did you leave your unit to them?

12. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

Apple resumes iPhone X production in face of weak XS sales, report claims | The Verge

Ghibli likes this.
  13. minenskie

minenskie Member

Update:
    Yup. But to my surprise, the following day, they sent an email telling me that my phone replacement is ready for pick-up. Whole replacement. :)
    So happy and satisfied.

14. Aargh

Aargh Well-Known Member

Apple probably told PMC to just replace the entire phone, perhaps there were more issues identified that it’s no longer worth it to repair or Apple just want to get rid of the remaining iPhone X stocks. Hehehe. Regardless of the reason that was a great customer service, lucky you.

15. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

Does the iPhone X have a battery issue/recall or are you just taking advantage of the discounted battery replacement program before it ends on dec 31? Asking because I’m thinking of getting a replacement. My X’s battlery is currently at 88%. TIA!

16. Ghibli

Ghibli Well-Known Member

17. pinoyslinger

pinoyslinger Active Member

Touch issue. Here is my experience last Thursday.

I went to PowerMac Greenbelt and I was told that their service center transferred to Glorietta. But before I left, the guy asked me where I got the phone and told him that it was acquired via Globe Telecom. He advised me to seek a Globe certification first that my phone was indeed from them before they will accept my phone for possbile repair or replacement.

And so I left and decided to try Switch at Glorietta if they have the same redtape, ah este, requirement.

The lady that I talked to never asked how I acquired my phone, she just checked the serial number, checked the phone and explained their terms and conditions and I agreed. No redtape. Today I got a call from them saying that Apple decided to replace my unit and it is ready for pick-up.

I am glad I Switch-ed.

Just sharing. :)

#1957 pinoyslinger, Dec 2, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  18. suigeneris

suigeneris Well-Known Member

Had a bad experience with PMC as well. I don’t know why they make it hard to claim warranty. Do they have a quota of limited warranty claims that they need to maintain? Hindi naman sila malulugi because Apple will most probably pay for the costs. :cautious:

19. potpot2

potpot2 Well-Known Member

Lately Switch is the best service center to got to. PMAC & BTB are the last on my list

mauwrr likes this.
  20. Netskipper

Netskipper Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing. Oh, powermac, its youz again!