iPhone SE (2020)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by AVG, Apr 15, 2020.

1. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

^... don't! hahaha. But this is one of the reasons I prefer Android - Smart Lock

personally, Touch ID isn't too reliable when my hands are wet and too dry.

As for the current mask situation, you won't wear one at home and when driving, for those very few times you're outside, just use your PIN - this is the reply I received from my friend in Shanghai :)

2. neilc

neilc Well-Known Member

+1 on this. I have sweaty hands and TouchID is a challenge most of the time. Still prefer the FaceID.

raypin likes this.
  3. ivin

ivin Active Member

a huge downgrade if I’ll be switching haha. But In my line of work, most of the time I'd be wearing a mask.

4. DON2003

DON2003 Well-Known Member

IMHO cheapest ever iPhone with updated internals, but why? if you can get an Android with better screen, bigger screen, lots of newer features, at much much cheaper price,

I think Apple update the internal just bec they know most will just get an old iphone 8 if they want same size iphone, or if they cant afford a pricey new iPhone and they will just get an used iPhone, so they put something that you cant find on the cheaper iPhone on the market,

instead of an entry to ios for android user is not true, switcher should want a newest iPhone for them to switch and not bec of a cheaper price, iPhone SE 2020 should be for those iPhone users that can afford an upgrade or doesnt want to upgrade anymore, or just to keep them from switching to Android,

btw 400$ for an 3gb 64gb 720 lcd display, big bezel, old design, it ain't cheap in Android world,

just my 2 cents, not an Apple hater, just being practical.

5. neilc

neilc Well-Known Member

IMHO, no $400 Android phone has the latest and greatest SoC and camera that this iPhone has.

rdy0329 and raypin like this.
  6. Aargh

Aargh PhilMUG Addict Member

Apple is really gunning down to increase their revenue on services. And they know the best way to do it is to get people to buy Apple hardware. Rumors are even suggesting that the next iPhone will retail for $649 a $50 price drop from the iPhone 11’s price. I’m predicting the iPhone SE might be the best selling smartphone this year. Almost all reviewers are agreeing it is a great value smartphone. No matter what the naysayers out there are saying the overall value that the iPhone SE brings to the table is hard to beat.

7. pels_17

pels_17 Well-Known Member

I gave to my son my Galaxy Note 10 plus with 512 gb, went back to iOS. I got my SE on launch date.

ronjet likes this.
  8. ice

If rumors are true... (which they mostly are)

Apple will release a small iPhone 12 which will be priced at $649
    (small = 5.4 inch OLED screen)

6.1 inch iPhone 12 which will be priced at $749 ($50 price increase)
    (Xr and iPhone 11 both had a 6.1 inch screen)

So Apple will sell a smaller "cheaper" device and quietly increase the price of the "bigger" phone.

9. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...5G will easily add 200 to 300 usd to the topline iPhones.

10. Aargh

Aargh PhilMUG Addict Member

If you put it that way then yeah. But you can still get an iPhone 12 $50 cheaper than the iPhone 11 albeit a smaller screen. I’m actually liking the rumored lineup. I’m guessing they will also have the iPhone SE plus below the iPhone 12. So the complete line up maybe iPhone SE $399, iPhone SE Plus $499, iPhone 12 $649, iPhone 12 Plus??? $749, iPhone 12 Pro $999, iPhone 12 Pro Max $1099.

11. ice

I agree that I really like what Apple is doing and how it will affect the mid-range competition.

A S/Note/Pixel user has reasons why they chose Android and will stay with Android

The SE (and SE Plus) range will hit Samsung's A series, Pixel's a series and Huawei's mid-range line...

12. DON2003

DON2003 Well-Known Member

hopefully Android will follow step, a new cheap Pixel with newer processor in old design with cheap price and pls add a big battery, this will kills the other so call killer phones, I dont mind the design if it just work, but an amoled or full-hd at least.

13. textguru

textguru Active Member

aha.. have a common reason why i choose faceid, i do have sweaty hands which causes touchid not to function properly.

14. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

Though I have not tried it, but they say the trick is to train TouchID while your finger is wet. Maybe it is worth a try, if you still have TouchID. :)

15. textguru

textguru Active Member

16. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

The news from the grapevine, aka GH gray market, is that if and when San Juan goes GCQ, there will be a glut for the iPhone SE or just something to remember the good old days that were lost.

But so far, I have not heard any other news from GH (which is so terribly quiet on any given day since Patient 8? was detected there).

17. textguru

textguru Active Member

iPhone SE 2020... where na you? Wondering when will it be available on Globe and Smart (even Apple Store).

18. ralmon

ralmon Member

I finally got my SE from a friend who just arrived from the US.

One thing ive noticed is that the curve of the SE’s screen is not the same as 7 or 8.
    I applied an iPhone 8 tempered glass and noticed that the edges dont attach completely. I think theres a tempered glass really prescribed for the new SE. Even Power mac people confirmed that its different.

[​IMG]

19. neilc

neilc Well-Known Member

I think it really depends on the tempered glass. Had a similar issue with my 7 Plus before. There are ones that have a perfect fit and there are ones that have have bubble on the edges.

20. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

according to my source from an apple reseller shop they're still waiting for the gov't approval.