iPhone questions

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by cmsy27, Sep 24, 2009.

1. cmsy27

cmsy27 Member

Add your own questions!

Do you have to charge the iPhone until the battery's full the first time you get it? And then afterwards, how do you maximize battery life? Charge whenever and unplug whenever, or charge only when empty and unplug when full? Or something in between perhaps.

What are the pros and cons of getting a U.S. store account vs. a Philippine store account? Once you download applications, do you get to re-install them an unlimited number of times? What about application updates?

How much do we get charged when we send MMS through the iPhone?

Is there a way to delete all songs, contacts, etc. on the phone without having to sync?

I have so many more but I can't really organize my thoughts right now, so here's a short list first. I'd really appreciate any help. =)

Crissa

2. shaven

shaven Active Member

3. mysterio

mysterio PhilMUG Addict Member

Please see the responses in blue.

4. cmsy27

cmsy27 Member

Thanks guys. =)

5. cmsy27

cmsy27 Member

There's no delete all option on the phone is there? I have to delete contacts one by one?

And about the applications, does that mean that I can install purchased apps on other people's iPods/iPhones for free?

6. Sharjan

Sharjan New Member

Are you on a mac? What I did was create a new blank address book and then sync it.

No. You can only install apps that you legally bought with your account.

7. cmsy27

cmsy27 Member

I don't really get it. I read somewhere that you can install applications from your old phone if for example you get a new iPhone. So that means..I should be able to install it on other people's phones too right? Or not. :slanted:

Do you guys ever turn off your iPhones or just put it to sleep?

8. rafaelc378

rafaelc378 Active Member

If you have an old iPhone that you sync'd to your computer, there will be a backup of the contents of that iPhone located on your computer. If you get a new iPhone, simply connect it to your computer using the sync cable and hit sync. All the info from your old iPhone will be sync'd to your new one.

All applications bought or downloaded from iTunes for free are linked to your iTunes account. Same with anything else you get from there (songs, movies, TV shows). Applications linked to your account will not work or sync to another person's iPhone unless they log out of their Itunes account and log in with yours. In that case, they won't be able to use any of their purchased/downloaded stuff, only yours.

I'm guessing that the only time people switch off their iPhones is to do a hard reset or doing an OS upgrade.

9. cmsy27

cmsy27 Member

Really helpful! Thanks again.

10. glennp00

glennp00 Member

can i transfer files from iwork 09 to my iphone?

11. spongebob24

spongebob24 Member

guys, how do I create a new email folder on my iphone? is it possible or ndi pede?

12. cmsy27

cmsy27 Member

I don't think it's possible. I tried.

13. kathieyakie

kathieyakie Member

Is it true that the warranty of the iPhone is only valid in the country where you purchased the iPhone? for example an at&t iPhone that is unlocked here in the Philippines, how can I avail the warranty?

14. toocrazy

toocrazy Member

ya iPhone warranty only within the country of purchase, unlike other Apple stuff.

15. SR_Eyes

SR_Eyes Member

How about ipod touch?

16. rafaelc378

rafaelc378 Active Member

iPod Touch isn't subject to the iPhone warranty restrictions. It would come under toocrazy's "other Apple stuff"

17. NoisyCricket

NoisyCricket Active Member

What is the maximum number of address book entries that you can add to your iPhone? (before it crashes?)

I have a little over 1,000 already but need to add more.

Also peeved that there's no group texting feature - even if you create a group, you still have to add them one by one (OS 3.1)

18. potpot2

potpot2 PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

after downloading apple's official iphone 3gs 3.1 firmware via itunes, in which folder can i find it?
    thanks

19. cmsy27

cmsy27 Member

Just saw an application that can do this: FolderBuddy (there's a lite version too) by Stephane Lunati.

20. spongebob24

spongebob24 Member

thanks cmsy27!