iPhone iCloud back up restore prlbem

Discussion in 'General iOS' started by Guerde, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Guerde

Guerde Member

iPhone app are missing!

Im having problem restoring my apps after I restored my iPhone 5 with an iCloud backup. My phone keeps on asking me to enter the password of a specific appleID, which I do not own! Also, when I was activiting the phone after the restore I entered my own appleID. Now, when I try to redownload purchased paid apps in the appstore I need to rebuy them to download them! I also checked my purchased apps in the appstore and the list is empty. How do I retrieve my purchased PAID apps? :(

2. jonathanvital

jonathanvital Active Member

Is your unit second hand? Purchased apps are never re-purchased, close the app store then try logging out then back in again.

3. Guerde

Guerde Member

Nah. Its a replacement unit from Globe. It was on 6.1.4 when I got it, and no appleID logged on or whatsoever. All my apps are now missing from my device! They werent installed from the backup. :(

Edit 1 : i recently asked apple to remove my remaining credit balance from my AppleID because i wanted to move my ID to the phil appstore. Tried going back to the US appstore but my purchased apps are still missing from my purchased app history.

Edit 2: just thought of checking my iPad right now, and all of my apps are here. My purchase history in the appstore of my iPad is also not empty. Tried downloading an iPhone app which I have previously bought and it shows that I have already bought it. I think theres something wrong with icloud.

#3 Guerde, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  4. jonathanvital

Did you try logging out then back in? Does your purchased apps show in iTunes in your computer?

5. Guerde

Guerde Member

Already tried logging out then in, doesnt works. Just thought of checking my iPad right now, and all of my apps are here. My purchase history in the appstore of my iPad is also not empty. Tried downloading an iPhone app which I have previously bought and it shows that I have already bought it. I think theres something wrong with icloud. Funny thing is, my laptop broke so I couldnt perform a manual backup restore, so I resorted to an iCloud backup restore.

6. jonathanvital

Yup, might be an iCloud issue. Double check also with iTunes when you get the chance to use a desktop/laptop just to be sure.

7. Guerde

Guerde Member

I checked with iTunes. My purchased history in my account info isnt empty. But my purchase library is empty, shouldnt this section list all my purchased apps and an option to download them again? Will send an email to Apple support na nga.. Hassle.

Edit: WTH! My purchased list on my ipad's appstore is now also empty! :(

8. jonathanvital

Hehe, might be an issue on apple's side.

9. tjpalanca

tjpalanca New Member

Sometimes, when someone downloads an app using their own Apple ID on your phone, it can get "mixed in" with all your own purchased apps and iCloud will require you to enter passwords for both Apple IDs. Could this have happened for you? :)

10. baste07

baste07 New Member

Re: iPhone app are missing!

Is there a way to automaticAlly upload pics to icloud without wifi? Just data plan

11. pels_17

pels_17 Well-Known Member

Wifi is using internet connection, data plan is using internet connection, it should work.

12. baste07

baste07 New Member

In the option it says only when connected to wifi. It doesn't upload on data plan

13. gasbyset

gasbyset New Member

To restore deleted iPhone 4s contacts without itunes backup, you can directly scan and recover contacts from iPhone with iPhone Data Recovery in a simple way or restore contacts from iCloud backup file.
    The steps of directly scan and recover contacts from iCloud:
    a) Connect your iPhone to the computer
    b) Enter DFU mode and scan iPhone
    c) Preview and recover iPhone contacts

14. Amandar6

Amandar6 New Member

#14 Amandar6, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  15. iGuru

iGuru New Member

you cant upload pics to icloud automatically with data connection.. you need to connect through wifi.. you can actually do this if you have multiple iOs device.. you put the other one on wifi hotspot and use the other device to connect on that mobile hotspot..

16. SherryeKom

SherryeKom New Member

17. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

has anybody figured out how to transfer the Health data from one iPhone to another, because heck, all the forums and threads outside of this have all said the same thing "haven't tried it yet", "use iCloud (but how?)", "use a third-party app (i won't)", "let's wait for IOS9 shall we?"

18. Wceeaty

Wceeaty New Member

Colmuster iPhone Backup Extractor not only can help you restore deleted contacts, photos, videos, call history, messages and other data directly and can help extract data from iTunes or iCloud simply

19. Lanascter

Lanascter New Member

In addition to use recovery tool to do , it doesn't matter whether we have deleted or lost data from iphone , as long as we have backup before , we can directly get backup data on iPhone ,