iPhone 8 and 8 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by Roman, Sep 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. gtc924

gtc924 Member

Haha, sure I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

2. gtc924

gtc924 Member

Thanks! Yeah, it looks like that's what I'll do. I was able to play around with an S9+, and it felt right in my hand. So, I'm probably going to get that na. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually.

Thanks for the tip on Whitestone. I've watched some reviews and I'm convinced. Applying it looks like a bit intimidating though. Really hope I don't mess that up, hahaha. I searched for Whitestone sellers in the Ph, and one company came up. And it looks like they can deliver, can't have them install it naman kasi they're located in Cavite I think. Hope they're the fellow mugger you mentioned. Looked at a couple of cases and sana the Whitestone is compatible with the Spigen case I'm eyeing. I'm even considering getting the Gear S3 Frontier, but let's see. (y)

suigeneris likes this.
  3. gtc924

gtc924 Member

@jcsantamarina Thanks! Same here. I just love how all my gadgets are connected. That's the reason I'm keeping my 6S Plus as a second phone. And if I feel that the S9+ wont work for me, I'd pick up an 8 Plus (or whatever version is out by then, hehehe). I figured that it would be "easier" and would make a bit more sense if I get an S9+ and sell it to get an 8 Plus, than the other way around. If I get an 8 Plus first, then eventually get an S9+ to scratch that itch, and realize that I want the iOS experience more than the Android, I'd end up spending more money, hehehe.

Good looking phone by the way!

4. suigeneris

suigeneris Well-Known Member

PM @ann jersey She’s the owner of Tekki Hub. Bought my Whitestone from hers.

It does look intimidating, but don’t worry, just watch youtube tutorials and follow the steps. I’ve also tried the cheaper ones, T-Max and Japan Asahi Glass, but based on my experience, whitestone is the best, which is why it’s more expensive. The others either have inferior liquid glue or the adhesive takes too long to dry out causing bubbles or lifts.

When I installed mine, i had my laptop playing the video and was watching the video and pausing it as I installed.

Goodluck!!

gtc924 likes this.
  5. gtc924

gtc924 Member

Thanks! I got the Whitestone already, ahead of the actual phone hahaha. I got it from Tekki Hub, looks like they're the only ones selling Whitestone here in the Ph. Buti na lang they're one and the same :) Great experience buying from Tekki Hub/ @ann jersey. Will definitely order from them again.

I've been watching installation videos on Youtube over and over again, so I'm hoping I don't mess up. Can't wait to get the unit na. Placed the order yesterday, so I'm just waiting.

Thanks again!

suigeneris likes this.
  6. shiznit

shiznit Member

Found the culprit, did some tests & found out that charging can sometimes reach the temperature in which iOS can determine the threshold to stop its charging at 80%.
    This is their failsafe to protect the battery & the internals of further damage.

In the case of the wireless charging, since the charging coils (inductor) of the iPhone is near the battery, this can also contribute heat since it uses electromagnetic field to transmit voltage or charge as we know it.

Better to check your room temperature when using wireless charger ;)

I've also noticed that battery cycles increases more when using the wireless charging rather than the wired charging :unsure:

7. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up.

How did you check your battery cycle? uhmm

8. shiznit

shiznit Member

I’m using iMazing Mini, its free from their website.

9. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

Thanks!

Will try over the weekend (hopefully di malimot)

10. potpot2

potpot2 Well-Known Member

You have a point. But it is hard to prove to them that that is indeed what happened. Spcially if the water damage indicator lit up

11. potpot2

potpot2 Well-Known Member

And i thought i was in the iPhone 8 and 8plus thread

12. rustynail925

rustynail925 New Member

Where to buy iphone8 plus? Looking for an authorized dealer