iPhone 7 plus airdrop problem

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by butchochoi, Feb 15, 2018.

1. butchochoi

butchochoi New Member

Been using an apple iphone 7 plus 11.2.5 and having problem with the airdrop to my late 2012 mac mini.

What seems to be the problem? My mac mini can't seem to discover the iphone (and vice versa) during this process.

2. Sabonis

Sabonis Active Member

First, check your setup. Both devices should have Bluetooth on and are on the same WiFi network. Second, both in discoverable mode.

On your Mac, go to Finder and check the Airdrop folder. The other device usually comes out there when you do this. It’s not always seamless but I have been using airdrop for multiple devise it’s a hit and miss.HTH!

3. infiniteloop

infiniteloop Active Member

Settings > General > Airdrop > EVERYONE

4. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 PhilMUG Addict Member

Older Macs don’t support the newer protocols of Airdrop, but there’s a “Don’t see an older Mac?” Button in the Airdrop screen. Tap on that and your iPhone will see your Mac Mini.

5. kenshinx

kenshinx Active Member

1. Like previously mentioned: Old Macs don’t support Airdrop
    2. You can’t use Airdrop if your hotspot is on (on iPhone)

6. john.roque

john.roque Active Member

This usually works:

System Prefs > Network > Advanced (under Wi-Fi settings) > TCP/IP > Renew DHCP Lease.

This was the solution to the same problem that I had, but with an iPhone X and a 2017 MBP. Took 45 mins with an Apple Senior Advisor to fix it.

7. gh0st

gh0st Active Member

Was there a compatibility between airdrop devices? Coz my X can't discover my ipad mini1, v.v. To transfer files via airdrop, I need to transfer it from X to my 6s+ then airdrop it to ipad mini 1.
    X -> 6s+ -> ipad mini 1

8. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

if not the device itself, it could also be that you're using different OS with your devices. the iPad Mini 1 came out using OS 6 & was only updatable up to OS 9, (I think).

9. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

On your device, go to Settings~General~Reset~Reset Network Settings.