iPhone 5s and 5c from GLOBE

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by denpacs, Oct 25, 2013.

1. onyxd

onyxd Member

Sir Dobi,
    My mom is on plan 1799 and has the iphone 4s for around 2 years or more now IIRC. I dont have a postpaid plan so she gave me her micro sim but kept the phone. My question is, can I use this sim card to an LTE enabled device or do I have to upgrade the sim card first? If so, can I just walk in to a globe service center and ask for a sim upgrade even though it's under my mom's name? She's in Mindanao right now and im in manila so i can't really ask her to do this for me. And is she already a candidate for a retention reward i.e. get a new phone for less?

2. suburbia

suburbia Member

I have a network related complaint with them since July 2013. My data signal in my place is only edge and my signal is fluctuating regardless if inside or outside the house. Network Team of Globe is the worst thing in this industry.

3. erizevet

erizevet Member

I am now starting to experience and believe on what you are saying. It has been 6weeks now and still no feedback from globe technical support team..

4. CMWRay

CMWRay Active Member

Can anyone tell me please if I need to present any document if I'll go to globe store to avail of 5s for recontracting?

5. arkiroms

arkiroms Member

Don't go to Globe, just call their hotline.

6. CMWRay

CMWRay Active Member

7. cjei

cjei Member

This is really frustrating! Globe is always disapproving my bill adjustment request!!!

Nov 15 I got my iphone 5S and at the same time upgraded my plan from 999 to 1799 so that the cashout would only be 9600. I was informed that the cashout will only be 9600 but my plan will stay at 999 because it was in the middle of my cutoff date (every 30th of the month) and the 1799 plan will be activated starting december 1. When my bill arrived last jan 4, i got a whopping 25k+++ for the cashout! They did not upgrade my plan to 1799!! I called them immediately and even went to their business center to fix this issue but up to now, there's no resolution to fix this issue! I'm close to giving up and stop paying my 3 postpaid accounts! I'm so disappointed!!!!

January 4 and up to now March 4 this is not yet resolved!!! 2 months and counting!!

8. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

dont leave the business center until they fix your issue...

9. dobi

dobi Well-Known Member

Pls pm me your number so I can look into it.

10. cjei

cjei Member

PM sent Sir Dobi. Thank you for your help.

11. mudd2

mudd2 Member

Sir dobi, I sent you a message regarding an issue with globe. I hope that you can help me with my problem.

12. macooleat

macooleat Member

I got my 5s last december 15 (launch day) and haven't encountered any issues not until earlier. Noticed a tiny dot on the screen. Tried cleaning my screen but it doesn't disappear. Now i'm thinking that it is a dead pixel. What should i do? It's still have the 1 year apple warranty. Will globe replace the unit or just fix it?

13. dobi

dobi Well-Known Member

Warranty of phones is under Apple. globe only facilitates. Currently, it id sent to Singapore for assessment and replacement as there is no Apple authorized service provider as of the moment. Intay ka na lang baka magkaron na rin soon. :)

14. dobi

dobi Well-Known Member

Your issue is fixed na, @cjei. Someone will call you.

#3934 dobi, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  15. dobi

dobi Well-Known Member

Someone will call you. Thanks!

16. dobi

dobi Well-Known Member

Lte enabled phones need to have an lte sim. Your sim is not lte enabled. Just have it changed na lang at any Globe store. You need authorization from your Mom assigning you to change the sim, though.

17. dobi

dobi Well-Known Member

Globe just facilitates replacement but warranty is sole responsibility of Apple. Globe can provide you a loaner phone while your phone is being assessed in Singapore. Apple will replace if there is no water damage or accidental damage.

18. dobi

dobi Well-Known Member

Which store mo pinadala? Apple kasi is the one responsible for replacement e. Pm me details. Will help follow up

19. macooleat

macooleat Member

Kelan yung soon sir dobi? hehe. Manageable naman yung small dots (i figure out, there's two dots now.) If the iphone will be sent to singapore for assessment, will globe provide me with a phone that i can use?

20. Dasher

Dasher Member

Apple doesn't repair, ask for seed stock.