iPhone 4S Flash problem

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by sanction214, Sep 4, 2012.

1. sanction214

sanction214 Member

Hi. So I've tried the search buttons, googled hi and low, and tried all its remedies and all miserably failed to fix my iPhone 4S camera flash. It no longer flashes after the last update. By the way, it happened a few days after the update was out.
    I'm not really a fan of using flash for its camera but its kinda an OC itch to have it fixed. Though it still shows a very faint glow or flicker every attempt to flash. It's bought as unlocked and unit only from the US.

Apple iStore here in Cebu suggests that I send it to where it was bought. Does anybody think Globe or Smart will accept it or other accredited iPhone repair shops? All inputs are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. acnugteel

acnugteel Member

Where did you bought it from US, Apple Store or from a carrier? If Apple Store, I am not sure if you can claim an RMA if still under warranty to AARs locally. (But still it will be sent to Singapore)

3. sanction214

sanction214 Member

Hi. Thanks for the valuable info. ATT sells these unlocked unit only. I will ask my Aunt. I'm sorry but what does those RMA mean? It still has warranty. I have a friend going to Singapore. I'm thinking of giving it a try over there if there'd be no hope here in Cebu or Manila.

4. acnugteel

acnugteel Member

You better call Apple Singapore first (65)64815511, then report this matter to them. If they say that they can cover a replacement for your faulty device, have your friend bring it here (7 Ang Mo Kio Street 64 Singapore 569086).

5. sanction214

sanction214 Member

@acnugteel: Gee thanks that helps a lot!

Should there be any other way of not sending it to SG please let me know. Other members may also have similar issues. =)

6. Sam Kapoor

Sam Kapoor New Member

Yes i also had same problem in my iphone 4s camera. Its flash light sometimes did not work properly and i found solution fir that at Solution for camera issues on iPhone.
    Now i am very happy to have these solution. Hope these solution would also help you.
    Thanks...

7. arubeto

arubeto Member

you can just walk-in to Apple Singapore and bring an iphone for replacement/repair?

8. sanction214

sanction214 Member

Yes, they do replace it, however, it was at a service center for international warranties; QCD-Singapore. BTW, thanks to @acnugteel for giving me the info. They replaced mine after initial diagnosis. "LED flash not responding intermittently". Good as new! =))

9. madmax168

madmax168 Active Member

Why not check or have them estimate cost of repair/replacement. If it's going to cost a considerable amount, why not just sell it as a used with slight defect then pickup a new one from Smart or Globe at least you'd have local warranty.