iPhone 2G owners --how is your phone now?

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by den_lim, Apr 13, 2010.

1. den_lim

den_lim Active Member

Now that the iPhone 2G is more than 2 years old, I am asking fellow 2G owners how their phone is now.
    Mine needs recharging every two days, probably needs a replacement battery. Starts to hang once in a while too.
    How is yours?

2. DON2003

DON2003 Well-Known Member

recharge every 2 days is still very good.

3. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

works fine so far, but it has problems with getting phone connections (must be the sim holder)...

4. herbertdizon

herbertdizon Member

I gave it to my brother and he complains about the volume of the microphone or speaker everytime he gets an incoming call

5. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

so far so good, been using for more than 2 years and my battery is still on good conditions, recharge every two days, no dead pixels and minimal scratches due to everyday use. my firmware is 3.0:D

6. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 PhilMUG Addict Member

in fw 3.1.2 and still working very well except it feels sluggish compared to the 3GS. Screen is still scratch free even if I dropped it more than 5 times.

7. shaven

shaven Active Member

still working great with me. battery last 2-3 days.
    i still do recommend my friends to get a iphone classic.

8. zedd

zedd Member

Still great! No need to buy iPhone 3GS. uhm... maybe a next release of iPhone will be great but no hurry! One thing i wish for my first gen iPhone is its ringer volume.

9. Aquapods

Aquapods Member

The battery last for a day, a day and a half if i'm lucky... but aside from that, everything is still ok.

10. Tecson

Tecson Member

the metalback is really the best looking iphone yet. despite its lack of power and speed it is still bearable, damn this for not getting supported and all but really those of us will surely go for the next upgrade, its about time and the lifespan of a normal phone ownership is about the same.

i am glad and this is so true, when i first bought this phone i have never looked at another phone the same way, only hope it'll get better and better, and with the release of 3G and 3GS its good to know that in the near future ill have a better iphone with same design that i truly loved. maybe the next one will have a more evident revision but i am sure ill love it even more.

getting back to the topic, my phone is still good, a small dent on each of the metal corner because of 2 falls and a bubble in my screen....hmmm it hurts the first time these things appear but then i know ill missed them if they are gone. kind of make me smile to know that these bumps and bubbles are with me for 2 years, with each calls i made with my family and friends.

11. Aquapods

Aquapods Member

i forgot to mention the home button, there are times when it's unresponsive na...

12. shaven

shaven Active Member

hope the next iphone will be the 2g design with 3gs capability :D longer battery ofourse
    i really prefer the metal back design also.

13. maxx

maxx Member

i also like the metal back design

battery life 2 to 3 days, still very pristine, no scratches despite being dropped 3 times naked with only its screen film protector

I think the 1 piece solid design is an advantage over the slide out keyboard, tactile feel is nice until you drop your phone and the keys pop out.;)

14. bad_boy

bad_boy Watching Your Language
    Staff Member Supporter

I think the metal back caused problems with reception, so I doubt Apple would use it again.

15. shaven

shaven Active Member

never had a big problem with my reception or signal

16. creativeideaz

creativeideaz Member

Mine looks very veteran (two years na to wohoo and counting) na haha. As I recall, I bought it having FW 1.2 out of the box hehe.

Very few iPhone owners back then, so everything is still do it yourself.

It has a couple of dents and battery life is about 2-3 days.

Signal is fine, home button is not so responsive as before.

The glass/touch screen is still intact.

After two years I never thought of replacing it with another smartphone (upgrade to 3gs maybe hehe)

17. HardCharger

HardCharger Member

My 2G is still good and running on 2.1.2 right now though I'm planning upgrade to 3.1.3 soon.

Unfortunately, I heard somewhere that OS 4 will no longer be supporting our beloved 2Gs. :(

This is making me think that I will have to eventually get me the 3GS or whatever the model designation will be in the near future when the funds present themselves. :confused:

18. creativeideaz

creativeideaz Member

Unfortunately, that somewhere is Apple itself.

iPhone OS 4 Compatibility

iPhone OS 4 will work with iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, and the second- and third-generation iPod touch this summer, and with iPad in the fall. Not all features are compatible with all devices. For example, multitasking is available only with iPhone 3GS and the third-generation iPod touch (32GB and 64GB models from late 2009).

http://www.apple.com/iphone/preview-iphone-os/

19. bacchus_3

bacchus_3 PhilMUG Addict Member

iPhone 2G will get the iPhone OS 4 but not all features will be included like multitasking.

20. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member