iPhone 14 Pro & Pro Max

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by CMWRay, Sep 8, 2022.

Tags:
  1. CMWRay

CMWRay Active Member

iPhone 14 & Max has finally been revealed with the new pill shape camera system and Dynamic Island which is a great Human Interface update.

What are you guys planning to get and when do you think these new phones will be available locally?

LeoCastillo likes this.
  2. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

3. leninmac

4. leninmac

5. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

The Dynamic island is a really good way to integrate a *new notch design. Kudos to the ones who did the UI & UX on that, it looks (and feels?) really well though of. (y)

6. shale_slate

shale_slate Active Member

I predict an October 14 launch (October 7 pre-order).

7. HardCharger

HardCharger Member

For not so Smart Communications subscribers, good luck getting an eSIM if you are not one of their higher end subscribers so wait and see on this one. Another curious thing would be if the satellite SOS thing will work here? The 911 thing doesn't seem to work well the last I heard so I wonder how requests for assistance will be handled if someone does trigger it locally.

8. leninmac

9. LeoCastillo

LeoCastillo Maestro
    Staff Member

The satellite thing seems to be limited to US and Canada at the moment only. So may not be as useful. I also wonder about the Crash Detection as we don't really have the same hotline as US' 911 here.

Leo

HardCharger likes this.
  10. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

Pricing and Availability
    • iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max will be available in deep purple, silver, gold, and space black in 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, and 1TB storage capacities.
    • Customers in Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, the UAE, the UK, the US, and 30 other countries and regions will be able to pre-order iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max beginning at 5 a.m. PDT on Friday, September 9, with availability beginning Friday, September 16.
    • iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max will be available in Malaysia, Turkey, and 20 other countries and regions beginning Friday, September 23.
    • Emergency SOS via satellite will be available starting in the US and Canada in November, and the service will be included for free for two years with the activation of iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max.
    • Customers can get iPhone 14 Pro for $41.62 (US) a month for 24 months or $999 (US) before trade-in, and iPhone 14 Pro Max for $45.79 (US) a month for 24 months or $1,099 (US) before trade-in from apple.com/store, in the Apple Store app, and at Apple Store locations. iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max are also available through Apple Authorized Resellers and select carriers.12
    • Customers can save up to $1,000 (US) on iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max with trade-in directly from apple.com/store or at an Apple Store when they activate it with select US carriers. Terms apply. For eligibility requirements and more details, see apple.com/shop/buy-iphone/carrier-offers.
    • Customers in the US can get ready for iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max pre-orders until 10 p.m. PDT on Thursday, September 8, by visiting apple.com/store or using the Apple Store app. They can choose to pay monthly or in full, add a trade-in credit toward their new product, or upgrade through the iPhone Upgrade Program.
    • iOS 16 will be available as a free software update on Monday, September 12.
    • Customers who purchase iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max will receive three months of Apple Arcade with a new subscription.
    • Leather Wallet with MagSafe and iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max Leather Cases will be available in five new colors: midnight, forest green, ink, umber, and orange. iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max Clear Case and Silicone Cases will be available in midnight, storm blue, red, chalk pink, lilac, elderberry, succulent, and sunglow.

11. shale_slate

shale_slate Active Member

Philippine prices are up by 7-8 thousand pesos due to peso depreciation.

12. docnico

docnico PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Hmm, it will be released in Malaysia on Sept 23? Does that mean Philippines will get it earlier too on October 7?

For reference, the iPhone 13 was released in Malaysia on October 8, and the Philippines on October 22 last year.

13. znre10

znre10 Member

The eSim only models are only in the US.

sandybridge_guy likes this.
  14. sandybridge_guy

sandybridge_guy PhilMUG Addict Member

…and Canada so basically North America.

My iP12PM already has an eSim chip inside but I’m still rocking the old school nano sim.

Unsure if me and the wife would upgrade to the iP14PM though as I find my old phone still capable, as i’m running beta iOS16 - which I’m sure will feel like a new phone after I install the official one.

15. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member
    Supporter

12PM still good!

tempted to get the 14 pro max because of the new "Island" and as per ads Camera is x2/x3/x3 when it comes to quality. coming from 13PM

16. jomarr

jomarr Member

When did PMC and BTB called for preorders last year? Although they are currently conducting a survey of consumers’ preferred iPhone 14 model

17. Quest4dgoodlife

Quest4dgoodlife Active Member

coming from an 11PM so the 14PM will be a good upgrade for me. my current Battery health is only at 80%.

dendejr, Ejaxene and Sunil_K like this.
  18. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

I think it was october 15 if I'm not mistaken

jomarr likes this.
  19. Sunil_K

Sunil_K PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

same here. My current battery health is 72%

Quest4dgoodlife likes this.