iPhone 13 Pro & iPhone 13 Pro Max

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by ice, Sep 15, 2021.

1. mochaholic

mochaholic Member

Me too, i prefer a hk dual sim than a single sim unit. Big help especially if you have 2 lines.

raypin likes this.
  2. ishg

ishg I'm female!
    Staff Member

I used to feel the same way, but I now prefer the eSIM version especially since the 13 series supports dual simultaneous eSIMs. This makes it easy to turn a plan on and off when traveling. You can now have two eSIMs active at the same time, or one eSIM and one physical.

Sunil_K likes this.
  3. snipes

snipes Active Member

I also used to share that point of view that dual physical SIM is better than eSIM.

That is until I realized that eSIMs cannot be removed without Face ID or Passcode then it is impossible for magnanakaw to sell the iPhone other than for spare parts.

Spare parts fetches lower price than a whole functioning phone.

But to be honest I like the better cash flow of postpaid plans. I do not have to cash out at one go.

Shinahashirome likes this.
  4. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm…preference for dual nano sim is force of habit to just buy a prepaid tourist sim at the airport of my destination country. No hassle.

Restored from iCloud backup with no hiccup. I looked at my shiny new iPhone. What changed? Answer: It is the same iPhone from yesterday. ;):D:p

Although the iPhone 13 Pro Max is slightly thicker, my iPhone 12 Pro Max Zerolemon battery case still fits. Saved me from another purchase.

#84 raypin, Sep 30, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
    Hero33 and Sunil_K like this.
  5. katuiran

katuiran Member

Before when I travel I always get a sim from the destination country. However, I don’t do that anymore. With roaming now it is pretty cheap and hassle free. So I just turn it on.

raypin likes this.
  6. imart

imart PhilMUG Addict Member

Paid over 300 SGD for the 3 devices and accessories, inclusive of tax and insurance during the sending process. The accessories alone would add up to around P30K. That's more or less 100 SGD per iPhone. It would have been nice if I'm earning a peso from it :)

7. Elizabeth Ocampo

Elizabeth Ocampo New Member

Hello! In the Apple website it said that it will be available on the 22nd, does that mean by the 22 it will already arrive in our doorstep? Sorry it’s my first time ordering and I don’t know the process. Thank you!

8. raypin

Mm…battery life test:

not even close.

#89 raypin, Oct 3, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
  9. raypin

Mm..speed test champ:

10. raypin

Mm…drop test survivor:

11. raypin

Mm…battery life iPhones:

12. tomangelo

tomangelo Active Member

I just got my iPhone 13 Pro 256GB HK version and it's a huuuugee upgrade from my XS Max 64GB lol
    I think I'll be sticking with a 3-4 year iPhone upgrade since I get to appreciate it more and it will always feel like a big upgrade due to all of the combined incremental changes over the years.

My current upgrade cycle now is also timed with the S updates (meaning: incremental updates of the same design). I don't really like to buy the 1st gen of a major design change. For next year, it's rumored to have a notch-less design, I'm sure everyone would like that but I'll wait for the more refined versions.

#93 tomangelo, Oct 6, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
  13. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

read your reply, thought about getting the version with a dual nano for a millisecond then realized that by the time we are all traveling for pleasure I’ll probably be holding the iPhone 14 or 15 pro max in either 2 or 3tb lol

raypin likes this.
  14. MacNotApple

MacNotApple Member

We're practically at the same upgrade cycle. I used to buy every iPhone release since the 3G and it did feel bland. And you're right about not buying the 1st gen of a major design change. I learned that with the 6 and 6 Plus which had the dreaded camera focus, touch issues, and the "bendgate". I feel that the 3-4 year "S" upgrade cycle is the sweet spot and I've never been this excited for a phone since the 4S.

15. Nisroc88

Nisroc88 Active Member

No. It possibly means that it’s only on the 22nd that you can click “buy it now” and expect it only to arrive after….4weeks?

16. blessie15

blessie15 Active Member

If you pre-order on the 15th, you *might* get your phone delivered to your doorstep on the 22nd. There are alot of factors to it now since were in a pandemic and delivery schedule shifts and changes. In the US, that's what I'm used to back when I would buy my phone there. As long as I pre-order it'll be delivered on the release date.

If you buy on the 22nd, then nope it will not get delivered on the same day as the apple ph store is actually based in singapore (last i ordered my macbook air). It usually takes a week for items to get delivered, that's why better to pre-order.

17. docnico

docnico PhilMUG Addict Member

I tried ordering an Apple Magsafe charger now at Apple PH online store and the estimated delivery date is Oct 28, so I did not push through with my order. Orders from Apple PH usually takes 2-3 weeks, so even if you preorder on the 15th, you won’t get it on the 22nd.

It may be better to just buy from BTB or PowerMac if you want it on the 22nd.

18. denpacs

denpacs PhilMUG Addict Member

Jerry Rig Everything does it again.