iPhone 11

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by yoh_hectic, Sep 11, 2019.

1. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

Maybe check again when you transit back. You can check model number and countries that support it at

www.apple.com/iphone/LTE

2. neilc

neilc Active Member

Singapore units are accepted here. HK units no more?

3. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

Yup, no more. Due to diff band support + dual physical sim. HK/Macau has the same units as China now.

Our Units are SEAsia + TW + AU/NZ region. Buy anywhere within that region and you can have it serviced here in PH.

4. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

iStudio. as i have posted. do backread.

5. neilc

neilc Active Member

What do you mean iStudio? And backread?

6. neilc

neilc Active Member

Guys, is it a good move to sell my XS Max and get an iPhone 11 instead? Been wanting that ultra wide camera and deep fusion and also that wide selfie. Is it a sort of downgrade?

7. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm....for me, it would be a downgrade because 6.5" is the goldilocks screen size....not too big not too small. But if you want the newer camera tech while sacrificing 0.4" screen diagonal, then go for it.

8. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

During our Japan trip, I was using my XS and my girlfriend used her 11 (that she bought in Ginza) throughout the trip. Her pictures were always better than mine, especially with landscape photos due to the UWA lens (and she always got compliments online while posting them on instagram). Most of the time, I wished that I had the UWA lens more than the zoom. Her night shots were visibly a lot better as well. Looks like I'm getting the 12 when we go back next year. (y)

raypin likes this.
  9. neilc

neilc Active Member

Its quite true that we always go for the bigger size but when I had the iPhone X before, it was a perfect size for me and tried also holding the 11 and the size is just perfect for my hands.

I guess I am getting the 11 soon. Its good that BTB has a trade-in program that is so tempting (43,000) for my XS Max. The current market price for my 256 is around 45k-48k.

raypin and kyubi like this.
  10. Provboy

Provboy Well-Known Member

Got an 11 and gave my Xs to the wife, side by side the Xs screen is still better, but the camera upgrades are worth the switch. No regrets here

raypin likes this.
  11. jetan

Posted a lot of times that iStudio PH is accepting HK iPhones for service.

potpot2 likes this.
  12. mackie8

mackie8 Member

I read in an FB iphone group that QCD is also accepting HK Iphones

13. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

if istudio is accepting HK-issued then it should be accepted in all Apple authorized service centers too but its not... i already explained this a few pages back... but if indeed istudio is accepting them, then how come other authorized service centers do not, if that service is indeed official. As far as i know they should all be on equal footing in terms of providing service/warranty... there is no "istudio" or "powermac" only warranty, they are all authorized service centers after all

potpot2 likes this.
  14. jetan

ask their big boss. as far as i know iStudio's big boss accepts HK units. it all depends on the management.

15. neilrg

neilrg PhilMUG Addict Member

I renewed my contract last week and got the 11 in red. Coming from the 8 Plus and as someone who always has sweaty thumbs (and hands in general!!), I’m loving Face ID a loooot! It’s so satisfying to unlock my phone and logging into apps that work with biometric logins! It’s so fast whereas before I always had to wipe my thumb and the home button because my phone threw out fingerprint scan errors all the time.

The slightly lower screen pixel density is a non-issue for me especially since my vision are not 20/20 anyway.

16. JunKisaragi

JunKisaragi Member

Went from 8 Plus (2 years) to S10 Plus (2 months) to 11.

Screen quality-wise, I had some difficulty adjusting, only because I was using 'em side by side. Now that it's only the 11, literally no complaints.

And my food pics got way better with the 11 (my IG looks like a menu tbh ).

Main reason for the switch: the cameras.

Loving this phone so far. I'll hold on to it for as long as I can this time.

17. ianthensome

ianthensome Member

When you take a photo and you immediately check out that photo, does it take a while (probably 1 second) to load in HQ? It looks blurred at first and then full glory. Does that happen to you?

Same with viewing ultrawide shots in your camera roll, they always look blurry but when you zoom in it looks HQ. Is this a bug?

18. prof_er

prof_er Active Member

yes. It happens to my photos as well. I just dont know if this is a software glitch.

19. ianthensome

ianthensome Member

Quite annoying but I can live with it. Especially with some shots that you have to zoom in and out before it loads in HQ.

prof_er likes this.
  20. dasaint

dasaint PhilMUG Addict Member

I plan to return to the fold by retiring my Samsung S9+ in favor of an Iphone 11 . The lack of dual sim support in the past made me switch to Andriod. Not I have an Iphone 11 with physical dual sim. Now I need to have 2 Viber accounts (Personal and Business) on my phone does anyone has experience with such a set-up ??