iPhone 11 Pro & iPhone 11 Pro Max

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by yoh_hectic, Sep 11, 2019.

1. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

Tempted to order in HK, but unlike before, the HK models are different from the PH models. Local Authorized Repair Centers will not honor it for warranty, like they don't honor US units (unless the model numbers are the same as PH).

2. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

only HK models have physical dual sim slots. as for warranty its a non issue. i still have my XSmax here no issue whatsoever.

Pupkin and Qin Zhi like this.
  3. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

OT: What to wear when you buy a dual-SIM iPhone in HK.

bra filter.jpg
    :D

4. deucejunkie

deucejunkie Active Member

But personally, imagine going out with just your watch and phone and wallet (with clothes on of course lol), unencumbered by any bags or what-not, knowing you have that functionality in case your watch’s battery runs low. Freedom! :)) I don’t reckon people would be needing to charge their watch off of their iPhones all that often anyway so the battery hit shouldn’t be that considerable. Besides, I find most people tend to upgrade phones every year or so.

5. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm..yes but the problem with that is you will not be able to use your iPhone while it functions as your battery bank for your Watch or Airpods. Imagine receiving a notif or a call or an SMS or an email on a busy workday. Too many incoming. Too many outgoing. It is just too inconvenient.

Again, the simplest, no-compromise solution is a small, unobstrusive and inexpensive battery bank for your Watch.....leaving the iPhone unmolested and Watch recharging uninterrupted.

Also, which device is more important to keep alive?

#105 raypin, Sep 14, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    Sunil_K likes this.
  6. docnico

docnico PhilMUG Addict Member

Any speculations on when the local release will be? Last year’s local release was October 26, which is just a month after the US launch. I’m hoping for a similar scenario this year, if not earlier. Based on that, I don’t think it’s even worth it to buy grey market units at Greenhills.

7. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

Just checked my photos since i got my watch and iphone max at the midnight launch and yes that was only a month of waiting, not bad indeed, most likely it will be the same this year or earlier, just checked apple website and after a day stocks have not slipped that much still seeing October 4 delivery, which means stocks are a lot, i remember with the iphone x (since i tried to preorder at the US), i was ready the second it was time to preorder and it slipped to two weeks already, and slipped by a month after just an hour... of course demand might be high for the iphone x, it was the first significant change in form factor in four years, and it featured face id and the infamous notch hehe

8. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

it might be inconvenient to some but useful to others, i too am waiting for that reverse wireless charging... is it really that useful? Only time will tell... besides this is one of those features that is nifty to have but not necessarily essential but great to have in case you’ll need a quick top up, and if ur with someone or group of people with similar iphones, it will be great for that one quick top up like booking a grab or sending that one important email or text reply... this is like regular wireless charging, its convenient to some but not really essential but its good to have

deucejunkie likes this.
  9. Kleithxx

Kleithxx PhilMUG Addict Member

Hi guys! I preordered an iPhone 11 Pro Max in US. It will be my first time to encounter dual sim (nano sim + e-sim). I am currently using an iPhone Xs Max with dual physical sim cards. Will I be able to convert my postpaid sim card from Globe to e-sim and use it on my iPhone 11 Pro Max? Thank you!

10. deucejunkie

It could be inconvenient but it sure could also be convenient knowing that you have that functionality to use when needed. I mean imagine not having to carry separate charging cables for your watch and AirPods. Also, how often does one really get into situations like the one you described? :)

I certainly hope this feature will be in the next next iPhone iteration, if not the next. We’re all familiar with how Apple do things. One /big/ feature at a time. :D

raypin likes this.
  11. deucejunkie

Globe’s website says e-sim service is now available for existing and new postpaid accounts. You just have to swing by selected stores/service centres. :)

12. joethemobile01

joethemobile01 Active Member

Pre-ordered mine at my local Apple Store and costs around 78k PHP charged on my card, for 256gb of 11 Pro Max.

they seem to have a lot of stocks as Sep 20 availability is still up for grabs on some Apple Stores in Melbourne.

jai_zero and raypin like this.
  13. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

Apple will probably defer release of reverse-charging until people have enjoyed the added 4-5 hours on the Pro models. Otherwise, nega/naggers will reverse-charge, then bitch that "the battery life is not as advertised!"

No shit, sherlock. If you did your job, your girlfriend wouldn't have used your iPhone to recharge her vibrator. :p

marcalbar, Qin Zhi, Sunil_K and 2 others like this.
  14. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

potpot2 and raypin like this.
  15. jetan

upload_2019-9-14_21-54-11.png

get free TV+ upon purchase of new apple products.

Attached Files:

raypin likes this.
  16. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

No Apple Watch included? Really?

And even before they can ship the 11s, there's already cases available ahead, like CASETIFY
    https___hypebeast.com_image_2019_09_casetify-apple-iphone-11-ultra-impact-case-release-3.jpg
    which not only cloaks that monstrosity in the back but enlivens the color of your iPhone 11.

Really.

Sunil_K, jetan and raypin like this.
  17. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

No issue? Did your have it serviced locally by BTB or PMC?

18. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

Sister’s flying in from US next month & I’m really tempted to get an 11pro (kahit di pa fully paid Xs ko from Globe :whistle: ).

best case i’ve seen:

FE6C455E-D174-475F-A57B-109442FE4C69.jpeg

mcarlos223, Sunil_K, zdn1042 and 2 others like this.
  19. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

All I can see when I see the back of that iPhone 11 Pro...
    2BCA0194-6D7E-46F1-8DDD-5F62BB980456.jpeg

raypin likes this.
  20. jetan

iStudio try. there.

oldtimer likes this.