iPhone 11 Pro & iPhone 11 Pro Max

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by yoh_hectic, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Active Member

Is it ok to use my iphone 11 pro max charger on older iphones and ipads, like iphone 8, ipad mini 2...?

2. Shinahashirome

Shinahashirome Active Member

Yes, the iphone 8 can take advantage of the USB-C PD 18W faster charging. The iPad mini 2 on the other hand will charge at the slower 12W. But it'll be safe and the charger will adapt to the device you're plugging into.

Dgame12345 likes this.
  3. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Active Member

Do you guys play call of duty mobile on iphone 11 pro max?
    Is it recommended ba to max the frame rate and graphic quality of it?
    Cause i tried to max both settings, and my phone gets easliy hot and drains battery faster...

or do you have any recommended setting on it in which the gameplay will not suffer a lot...?

4. Ejaxene

Ejaxene Well-Known Member

Bit the bullet and upgraded from a XS Max to 11 Pro Max... (got a discount through my network which Apple rarely offers-no lock in). This feels like my old phone because I transferred the data this time instead of setting up as a new phone... but I feel overjoyed whenever I notice the big changes.

I decided I won’t upgrade right away when a phone gets released so no upgrade for me in Sept :))

I’ve always liked the S cycle of iphones so whatever they’re releasing in Sept, I’ll get the next one after that.

#1024 Ejaxene, Jun 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  5. denpacs

denpacs PhilMUG Addict Member

6. Ejaxene

Ejaxene Well-Known Member

@denpacs nice.. partner and I got a buy one take one Apple watch too haha

denpacs likes this.
  7. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

I did before paired with a Bluetooth controller, great experience but my ipega BT controller stopped working in iOS 13.x (forgot exactly) and during that time my battery health dropped to 99 so I stopped.

My settings was medium only

8. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

Hey all I have a question for Smart postpaid users. My LTE/Cellular is always on since I am at home, mostly Wifi takes over. But when I go outside and wifi signal gets lost and LTE/Celluar is now the source of data, I am not able to connect unless I switch the option to VoLTE On to Off or vice versa. Until I switch a Cellular option, I can't get a connection.

Anyone else experiencing this?

9. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

I just checked my battery health (iPhone 11 Pro Max) since the last check was almost 6 months ago and I'm down to 96%. Seems a bit troubling considering the phone isn't even a year old! Only change in my phone habit is increased duration of FaceTime calls during the lockdown but my charging schedule remained the same: never go below 20%; if the phone is below 80%, charge whenever I can.

Is 96% in less than a year an acceptable range? Or should I look into warranty claims before it runs out? Should I run the battery to zero and recalibrate (never done it yet with this phone)?

10. neilc

neilc Well-Known Member

My XS Max is 14 months old and still has 100% battery health. My iPhone 11 just turned 6 months and its also at 100%. There's only one rule I follow:

Charge whenever I can.

11. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

That's not very encouraging for the state of my phone's battery. :unsure:

12. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

nice! do you use it for work? what's your typical usage?

13. neilc

neilc Well-Known Member

Yes for work. I am always out (sales) and have unlimited data (Platinum). Using it as a hotspot all the time when I am out.

rabby likes this.
  14. neilc

neilc Well-Known Member

I never go below 50% whenever I can and I always have a powerbank in my "manbag" :)

15. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

I will try this :D

16. josephtan2k

josephtan2k Member

Hi,
    i’ve read in this thread that iPhones with NTC seal can be covered by warranty locally. Even without proof of purchase or any documents, can we really claim?
    I’m in the market for an iPhone and a bit weary to buy from non-authorized resellers. But there seems to be a lot of savings buying these iPhones.
    My personal experience when I calimed before, was that I was asked for proof. My iPhone then was from Smart and they asked me to get certification from Smart pa. Cant recall if it’s BTB or Powermac.
    A lot of resellers claim to have 1 year local warranty, but Im not sure how accurate this is.

Thanks in advance.

17. gino0112

gino0112 Member

New iPhones have yung warranty status nila part of the settings itself na. So I think as long as valid pa yung coverage mo, they can set up a warranty claim. If they insist, contact Apple directly.

Nung nagpaayos ako ng phone, hindi na nila ako hiningan ng documentations. I just gave them my phone and they checked the serial number lang.

18. josephtan2k

josephtan2k Member

that’s nice didnt know na meron na pala ng info na yun sa phone. Which service center did you bring it to? I assume yung mga galing ibang country hindi na covered dito sa Pinas?

19. textguru

textguru Active Member

yes Apple has international warranty. Serial. number is enough, OR is must a proof that you bought it, not from GSM

20. josephtan2k

josephtan2k Member

Sorry got lost. So is serial enough or do we need to provide receipt as proof of purchase when claiming warranty?

Yes i know that apple has international warranty on some products, macbooks for example. But iPhone before are not international warranty, at least not before. Has this changed?