iPhone 11 Pro & iPhone 11 Pro Max

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by yoh_hectic, Sep 11, 2019.

1. yoh_hectic

yoh_hectic PhilMUG Addict Member

The issue with any brand of "lens protector".

Will reduce the amount of light being recorded by the image sensor of your iPhone

Will reduce the optical quality of your iPhone's camera

I've observed dozens of photographers being swayed by camera stores to buy from them because of a free "lens filter" that costs 100.00. This reduces the amount and quality of light thus negating the 100,000 lens.

Yagbolz and ZeroCool like this.
  2. yoh_hectic

Hirin namin dati about cheap optical filters is that parang ginawa mong camera phone photo quality yung full frame mo.

Now, smartphones like the iPhone 11 Pro Max produces image quality equal to a micro43rds camera.

3. ivin

ivin Active Member

Would using an esim and physical sim (dual-sim setup) incur more battery usage? Anyone on this setup and noticed significant drain?

4. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm....dual sim consumes more battery but the battery drain is minimal. If you want, turn off the secondary line if not needed. But, the major drain comes from brightness of screen etc. I wouldn’t worry about it.

5. cybersniper

cybersniper PhilMUG Addict Member

If it's already 50% or lower, I charge if I'd have the chance... But I don't let it go lower than 20% (I avoid the bar being RED). Then I only charge up to 90-90+%... the only time it would go up to 100% is if I forget leaving my phone plugged (which is very rare).

6. neilc

neilc Well-Known Member

Mine is still at 100% battery health. Purchased my iPhone 11 Pro November 20, 2019.

Had an iPhone XS Max which I gave to the wifey. Its about 13 months old now. still at 100% battery health.

My secret: charge every time you have the opportunity to. I charge overnight ALL THE TIME. Whenever I am inside the car, its being charged.

raypin likes this.
  7. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

I think I know the reason/s why my Pro Max batt health went down 99% barely 1 month of use

1. I have my location shared 24/7, on top of that I have multiple geofence alerts to notify if I enter/exit an area
    2. I have an auto detect sleep app connected to watch
    3. I always play COD (at that time, not much today)
    4. I am always on iOS Beta (quick batt drain, phone heating up)

The reasons above are now removed for some time now and it is still at 99%

8. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

Mine is at 97% Battery health. Got this october 2X 2019. While my xs max roughly 16 months is at 94% battery health.

9. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Active Member

Thanks for the info. Might consider this Ringke Camera Frame Protector.

[​IMG]

10. neilrg

neilrg PhilMUG Addict Member

I think the reason why some iPhone batteries stay at 100% health is that the owners do not update their phones on iTunes. Perhaps over the air updates do not trigger a battery health re-calibration as opposed to a full iTunes update/restore.

11. yoh_hectic

The problem with that thing is that it will cause vignetting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also discourage people from using clear cases as it causes the flash to defuse and fools the phone into slow shuttering or underexposing.

Colored cases causes a color cast as the flash bounces off the colored case surround the flash and instead of compensating for a known color temp.

That's why my iPhone case is black but has a lip to lift up the phone's lens from surface when facing down.

ZeroCool and raypin like this.
  12. Yagbolz

Yagbolz Well-Known Member

Hey guys, just a quick inquiry. I bought a iPhone 11 with 256gb storage in Beyond the Box. It's all good and fine but now i'm thinking of upgrading it to a Pro or Pro Max? Do you think it's worth it? I'm planning to get the iPhone 11 Pro 64gb btw

13. raypin

Mm...if you can wait, wait until September. More options in 7 months.

14. Aargh

Aargh PhilMUG Addict Member

Or just don't use flash! Flash on camera phones are good for one thing only, as a flash light. hahaha

TOBACCO likes this.
  15. Aargh

Aargh PhilMUG Addict Member

No! I don’t think it’s a good idea. You are significantly downgrading your storage, and the only significant difference really is an additional telephoto lens. I would rather wait for the 2020 iPhones before thinking of upgrading.

cybersniper likes this.
  16. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Active Member

I agree on this one. My iPhone XS Max has been at 100% for nearly 6 months with OTA iOS updates. All of a sudden after restoring it via finder (iTunes if you're on Windows), battery health drops to 99%. Then a week after, drops to 98%.

17. Cruncher

Cruncher Member

Really? Even if the Edges are black? I use one of these Frame Protectors from Ali and I am super happy with them. I didn`t noticed anything bad but it makes me thinking.

This is how my Frame Protector looks:
    15BF3007-F7CB-4143-96C9-F57DDD238AA9.jpeg CECF9589-DE11-459A-A23E-7BB6F6B8E8A7.jpeg F28A11E0-417D-45DE-A4BD-64991293A42A.jpeg

18. yoh_hectic

The flash of the later iPhones are pretty good in filling shadows.

19. yoh_hectic

Those lens protectors obstructs the angle of view hence the vignetting. Color is largely irrelevant.

It is possible that the phone's software is compensating for the vignetting.

Up to you on how you want to use phone.

My main concern is why spend $1100 on a phone for it's camera when you'll put a P110 lens protector that diminishes image quality and transmission of light (t-stop)

20. raypin

Mm...my opinion is if you already are using a case, there is no need to install a lens protector.

But, I understand those who do because they want a pristine iPhone that they can sell and command a higher resale value.

As for picture quality flaws because of the lens protector, it is irrelevant for most iPhone users. Most of us just want a clear picture for posting in social media or for sharing so any flaw is just completely irrelevant or completely ignorable.

ZeroCool and yoh_hectic like this.