iPhone 11 Pro & iPhone 11 Pro Max

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by yoh_hectic, Sep 11, 2019.

1. driggsss

driggsss Member

Well I can stick with my old phone pa naman. Might as well wait nalang siguro sa iPhone 12. Do you have any idea how the re-contract for the postpaid plan works? Mae-expire na kasi yun contract ko on June 2020. Then magre-contract ako sakanila for another 24 mo/s (e.g. plan 1499) without the Phone (since around september-october pa maging available si iPhone12). Then pag-available na yung iphone by that time, saka ko sya pwede i-avail?

2. prof_er

prof_er Active Member

Just wait for your plan to expire until June. No need to call or go to their store. When they start offering the iPhone 12, then thats the right time to call or go to their stores for recontracting.

3. GTdiver

GTdiver Member

That is a good offer. The first month free will negate the additional mark up we have here. Didn't get the iphone from hong kong as well, concerned the band 28 might pose a problem if they start expanding that network..

marvin_net likes this.
  4. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

with the Spigen lens protector, I decided to go naked again:

9FF44BBE-5C00-47B1-B83B-9DC3D0305AF4.jpeg

from my first iPhone in 2007, I’ve never had a phone case. it was only with the Xs that I started using one as I didn’t like clamp type car mounts. I had to go for magnetic ones, which required slipping a metal plate between a phone case & my iPhone (I didn’t like ‘permanently’ sticking the plate on the back of my phone).

I also got this suction type holder compatible with magnetic mounts:

A571AB9B-3B16-4CDD-A9AC-7938E9CFFB0D.jpeg

Very neat! No unsightly clamps, no adhesives/metal plates, no clips, doesn’t block AC vents & no phone case (y) easy to remove, I just leave it in the car

Not a fan, but for those who like, it’s also a ring stand:
    C8AF4445-52E9-4AFB-927C-A0F51459DD83.jpeg

had both 3 weeks and I think I’m good, for now

raypin likes this.
  5. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Active Member

A little ot, what accesories do you recommend to use for car holder phone on my iphone 11 pro max?

6. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

I had magnetic mounts for all our cell phones in the car since magnetic mounts became the rage. After a few months they slipped off because of the heat or because it simply lost its “touch”. Clamp mounts especially to aircon grilles scratch the plastic and may break it off. So I just place them on the front cupholder, sync to car BT and relax a bit.

potpot2 likes this.
  7. ivin

ivin Active Member

8. denpacs

denpacs PhilMUG Addict Member

Sad to say, but it cracked after a few days. Don't know where and how but I was using a case during that time.
    Will install the spare one this weekend, but I didn't notice any difference in the camera quality and flash while I was using it. (y)

ivin likes this.
  9. Cruncher

Cruncher New Member

10. thewittleprince

Hi folks qq, do we know if the service centers here still has to order replacement glass/digitizers from singapore for warranty issues? My iphone 11 pro touchscreen stopped working suddenly.. screen is immaculate. No drops no nothing.

11. mjne19

mjne19 Member

does anyone here know someone who unlocks smart locked iphone 11 pro max?

12. textguru

textguru Active Member

Locked iPhone can be unlocked for free from Smart after contract expiration.

13. textguru

textguru Active Member

How long you have been using? Would suggest to visit Apple Authorized Service center so they can assess your unit. PMC (PowerMac Center) is good, been visiting them for a long time. Your unit is safe there, but make sure to backup your device as they will reset your unit (Data Privacy).

14. Yagbolz

Yagbolz Well-Known Member

Price check on the 11 and 11 Pro in Beyond the Box?

15. thewittleprince

Can’t backup the device when i cant unlock the phone (after a recommended hard reset grr haha).
    Called PMC and they said data will be wiped. This is unacceptable. I’ll most likely fly to SG to get this fixed at a genius bar.

16. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Maybe you should call Apple support first. They might say the same thing in Singapore(wipe).

raypin likes this.
  17. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Active Member

Planning to swap my iPhone XS Max to iPhone 11 Pro. Unit is AU/NZ. Can i claim warranty if ever here in PH since model is A2215?

18. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...iCloud regularly backups your data without intervention. So does other cloud storage apps when connected to wifi prior to your issue. Assuming your backup setting is properly configured, most if not all your latest data, from pics, videos, emails, contacts to messages, should be safely in your iCloud data, plus minus.

19. thewittleprince

Im flying out to SG over the weekend. Crossing fingers haha This should be a simple screen replacement.

Juice likes this.
  20. thewittleprince

Minus never plus. Haha. Im on a 100+ day streak on my activity rings so i dont want to lose over 7 days (and counting) of watch data since it cant sync to heath data directly to icloud even on wifi). I just really need my iphone to unlock and it should trigger the watch sync and icloud sync.

No issues with messages, photos except for those taken on the day (which was super fun in boracay). Currently restored that copy on my spare xs max

#940 thewittleprince, Jan 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    raypin likes this.