iPhone 11 Pro & iPhone 11 Pro Max

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by yoh_hectic, Sep 11, 2019.

1. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm....I recharge my 11 Pro Max when it down to around 20% . Ideally, 90% is the top up limit but it is difficult to monitor everytime I recharge. So, it is 100%.

That’s my practice as well for my previous Iphone, the Xs Max. Result? 97% battery health after a year of use.

#881 raypin, Dec 14, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  2. raypin

mmm...it boils down to anecdotal evidence vs jerry rig’s extreme scratch test, which shows that the iPhone 11 and 11 Pro can withstand scratching from objects with a Mohs hardness rating of 6 to 7 (plastic is rated 2-3, sapphire at 8 and diamond at 10).

I can’t speak for the posts claiming easy scratching since they never mention or it cannot be determined how or when it became scratched.

However, given the Jerry Rig tests (one for the iPhone 11 and another for the iPhone 11 Pro), it is logical to conclude that whatever object caused the scratches must have had a Mohs hardness rating that is 6 to 7.

I ve searched and I have yet to find a scratch test that contradicts the Jerry Rig tests.

Corning supplies Apple and Samsung, among others, with Gorilla Glass and not just for the current gen iPhone but for previous gens.

I understand your concern but I find it hard to believe that Apple would use an inferior glass compared to previous gen iPhone. The convincing evidence, at this point in time, points to user negligence as the culprit and not a materials failure or a quality control failure although both are still possible, considering that Apple sells millions of iPhone each year. Gorilla Glass is rated at a maximum of 6.8 on the Mohs scale of hardness (scratch resistance).

I ve also read the posts about previous gen iPhones as more scratch resistant but the evidence shows the contrary:

iPhone 7 scratch test:

iPhone 8 scratch test:

iPhone X scratch test:

iPhone Xs Max scratch test:

The multiple tests shows that the iPhones (from the 7 to the 11) begin scratching when it comes into contact with an object that has a Mohs hardness level of 6.

#882 raypin, Dec 14, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  3. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Active Member

Hi guys regarding bluetooth, i notice after pairing a bluetooth speaker, my iphone continues to search for other bluetooth devices.. it wont stop.. the only way to stop it is to turn off the bluetooth option.. but when im using it its continues to search other devices.... is that normal? Does it takes up a lot of battery?

4. Aargh

Aargh Well-Known Member

It is normal and no it does not take up a lot of battery.

hitme64 likes this.
  5. cybersniper

cybersniper PhilMUG Addict Member

@raypin

So you mean we can also conclude that those demo units' screens at local Apple reseller stores were scratched by something with a Mohs hardness rating of 6 and above? - I seriously doubt this.

6. raypin

Mm..oh absolutely in the absence of contradicting evidence. I think Jerry Rig’s tests over the years clearly and incontrovertibly proves that iPhones have a screen resistance of at least 5 on the Mohs hardness scale.

A single grain of sand will scratch the iPhone or any smartphone on the planet. Are you sure yours did not come into contact with a single grain of sand?

Also, keep in mind that all smartphone including the iPhone have an oleophobic coating just as a car’s painting has a soft topcoat. The micro scratches may be on the oleophobic coating and not necessarily on the Gorilla Glass surface.

Show me a youtube test that proves me wrong and I ll change my mind.

hitme64 likes this.
  7. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

^Moh or not, my iPhone comes in contact with something hard on the scale of 3 to 4 only when it’s cold outside.

Having said that, there’s a whole plethora of nicks and hairline scratches on my Max screen, a reminder that when iPhone meets road, it will definitely scratch.

cybersniper likes this.
  8. Adarna

Adarna Well-Known Member

Unlikely but entirely possible.

when bendgate was a thing their were some juvenile delinquents entering Apple Stores and bending iPhones til they broke.

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/iphone-6-bendgate-apple-store/

not saying that their are droves scratching them up In stores but the demo units do get mishandled and dropped a lot.

dings and scratches are normal. I’d be more concerned about is broken glass and bendgate.

raypin likes this.
  9. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

^Bendgate, because people still place their iPhones in their back pockets and sit on it.

10. Adarna

Adarna Well-Known Member

Apple has reversed the trend of ever thinning iPhones and added thickness for rigidity

11. cybersniper

cybersniper PhilMUG Addict Member

all those said, so I guess can no longer get away with a naked screen (the way I enjoyed it with a 6S Plus). Sad.

12. NewBiee

NewBiee Member

Yeah. But working here in Manila.

Thank you!

13. GTdiver

GTdiver Member

Where you able to get A2218 model from Hong Kong? Based on their website, they offer A2223. How's the phone so far?

14. docnico

docnico PhilMUG Addict Member

As Globe’s LTE has been awful lately (considering I’m even on a Platinum plan), I couldn’t be happier that I chose an unlocked dual sim iPhone this time around. A prepaid Smart sim card with 8GB data for just P499 ensures I always have backup go to internet every time.

raypin likes this.
  15. littlewingz08

littlewingz08 Well-Known Member

Exactly. That's why I wouldn't mind missing the Band 28 just to have the convenience of a dual sim.

16. docnico

docnico PhilMUG Addict Member

Actually I got an official unlocked unit from BTB, so I still have Band 28.

17. gpo74

gpo74 Well-Known Member

I recently got an iPhone 11pro max from Globe. My problem is every time when after taking a call and removing the phone from my ears the screen would still be black. It doesn’t show me the end call interface. I need to press the power button the it will pop the screen would come on again. Is there something wrong with the phone or I missed something in the settings. I have a full screen tempered glass with only the earpiece of the glass cut off. So you think the tempered glass is causing this problem?

18. raypin

Mm....it could be a proximity sensor malfunction. A tempered glass case may cause interference. If it is not the cause, then your proximity sensor is faulty. Have it checked at an authorized repair center.

19. gpo74

gpo74 Well-Known Member

Ok. Thanks for the quick response

20. WickedMac

WickedMac Active Member

Would you know what Globe branch has stocks of iPhone 11 Pro Max 256gb midnight green in the South? I’ve been to Festival Mall, ATC and Robinson’s Galleria South but no luck so far.