iPhone 11 Pro & iPhone 11 Pro Max

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by yoh_hectic, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Pupkin

Pupkin Well-Known Member

I never said the features of the new iPhone is not good enough.
    In fact I really admire Apples design choice and features because it always make sense.
    Yes on paper they also identify me as a professional because I’m an Architect, but in reality I’m a nobody and nobody is interviewing me. Heheh

But if Oneplus can put 90hz promotions display in their “Pro” phone for half the price of the iPhone. Then yes. there will always be a comparison.

When everything in taken into consideration at the end of the day I’m still choosing iPhone hands down.

A professional Youtuber Mkbhd shares his thoughts on his iPhone 11 Pro hands on review and why he thinks the name Pro is not enough. Maybe most will listen to that dude because his a somebody.

#41 Pupkin, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    potpot2 likes this.
  2. p.pipster

p.pipster PhilMUG Addict Member

Is it Pro enough or not? It's definitely Pro enough to alienate me. I wouldn't buy this for the price since I really only use my phone just like any regular Juan would. Heck... I take even less photos and videos than the regular Juan. I was even scouring the internets to find where I can still buy an iPhone SE.

I have the X and, unless I can find an SE, this one will continue to be my pocket computer. If I HAVE to buy a new iPhone, the 11 would be enough for me.

3. xthine

xthine PhilMUG Addict Member

Pre ordered (priority status through carrier) the Pro Midnight Green 512GB. I think it's close to the size of my current phone (X).

4. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Still when you expect Apple to magically create the perfect smartphone everyone wants and yet cannot still do away with something everyone else is talking about then where’s that magic?

I understand about safety and ease of use and whatever else they say as reasons why they can’t remove the notch but come on, you come up with superb cameras, fast speeds, greater security and privacy, and not one can’t come up with an idea to “solve” that it?

And please someone don’t tell me it’s an inconsequential peeve because I actually don’t give a rat’s ass about it so don’t anyone tell me I don’t know what I’m talking about. But that’s a question everyone else has been asking? Android does it (and I don’t care what other phone does the same) so why can’t Apple?

5. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

Same! I always get the lowest tier, but when I got the 7+, I got the 128GB. Couldn't fill it up. Only way for me to fill it up is to store movies and TV series episodes, which I end up not watching.

Got iPhone X and XS in 64GB model - am good. I do have an iXPand drive, though, for those times I need to shoot video.

jesusluison and raypin like this.
  6. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

This is bad, really bad. Depending on the reviews I'm contemplating to sell my Sony X100V to make way for a Pro. Goodness gracious.

raypin, Ghibli and Qin Zhi like this.
  7. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

the only difference with iphone 11 pro and pro max is the screen size right? nothing else?

GelOBrrz and jesusluison like this.
  8. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

Haha, I know the feeling. I have an approved office budget for a Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K. Throw in the also-approved Lumix 12-60/2.8 MFT lens, and that adds up to more than US$2,000. But now, I am considering the iPhone 11 Pro because it can do the job for my basic video needs.

Besides, the Pro has potential that some pro cameras cannot do, such as my top pro wish: simultaneous recording of four 1080p videos from all Pro lenses/cameras (instead of one 4K video on one selected focal length); then Mac and/or iOS software that would allow me to zoom in/out of the three focal lengths (as well as control other parameters)—in post. In post!

Thankfully, FiLMiC seems to be working on an app that can do that. And Apple's own DeepFusion too can bring out the pro in Pro. :)

9. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm....you forgot battery life. The best battery life in the iPhone line-up is the Pro Max (5 hours longer than Xs Max) while Pro is 4 hours longer than Xs. Xs Max lasts longer than Xs. Therefore Pro Max will increase that lead over the Pro by 1 more hour on top of.......that's nearly half a workday more of stayin' alive (relative to the previous gen iPhone).

For power users, those extra hours are very important advantages, thanks to Bionic A13 which is significantly more power efficient than the A12 chip on the previous gen iPhone, while increasing computational power (cpu and gpu).

I am looking forward to benchmark tests and battery tests of the iPhone 11 line up vs. the competition (including the R, Xs Xs Max)....

#49 raypin, Sep 12, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    zagu and SE20 like this.
  10. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

And the OLED screen on the Pro models is what probably saved more battery life.

But raise your hand if "Bionic" makes you not think of Steve Jobs, but Steve Austin. :D

11. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

Para niko nang away, please stop hyping the 11 Pro. :LOL:

Seriously, though, my current decision making goes like this... Should I spend my budget on a new 11 Pro? Or should I spend it to go to Tokyo this November to watch Diana Krall perform?

12. prof_er

prof_er Well-Known Member

OMG. Ill go for Tokyo Japan if i were you. I love Japan so much.

13. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...buy the iPhone 11 Pro, watch the concert in Japan and call it I deserve an early Christmas. :p

GelOBrrz, Sunil_K, Qin Zhi and 2 others like this.
  14. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

Is that you trying to write in Tagalog, Siri? :D

Unless you’re Elvis Costello, you cannot go to bed with Diana Krall. But you can sleep with a Pro. :p

Sunil_K, Mykolant, prof_er and 3 others like this.
  15. SE20

Yeah, in fact I'm here today haha, and I was here in June. Now I am plotting for November.

prof_er and raypin like this.
  16. SE20

Haha, fail!

17. yoh_hectic

yoh_hectic PhilMUG Addict Member

In the Box
    • iPhone with iOS 13
    • EarPods with Lightning Connector
    • USB-C to Lightning Cable
    • 18W USB-C Power Adapter
    • Documentation

[​IMG]

raypin likes this.
  18. yoh_hectic

Take heart those who are on the fence on upgrading from their iPhone 6 from 2015.

The 2-Year Mobile Phone Upgrade Cycle Is Mostly Dead
    https://www.pcmag.com/news/370391/the-2-year-mobile-phone-upgrade-cycle-is-mostly-dead

Analyst: Average iPhone upgrade cycle now lasts four years, up from three in 2018
    https://9to5mac.com/2019/02/08/four-year-smartphone-upgrades/

The Average Upgrade Cycle of a Smartphone in the U.S. is 32 Months, According to NPD Connected Intelligence
    https://www.npd.com/wps/portal/npd/...hs---according-to-npd-connected-intelligence/

19. yoh_hectic

USB devices regulate their power input and not the charger.

That is why bloggers try different Apple & USB PD chargers to see which one charges the fastest.

20. mree

mree Well-Known Member

I don’t want to go through life overthinking the purchase of a new phone. If I want and can afford one, then I'll get one. If I want one but can’t afford yet, then I buy yet. If I don’t want it at all, then I won’t buy.

Like what I said before, I’m not gonna upgrade. But just so people know, I ordered thin cases for the iPhone 11 Pro.

Battery 4 hours longer than that of the XS. More than good enough for me. Everything else? I'm thankful they're there.

#60 mree, Sep 12, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    raypin likes this.