iPhone 11 Pro & iPhone 11 Pro Max

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by yoh_hectic, Sep 11, 2019.

1. mree

mree Active Member

If you frequently order from Shopee, then that 10% cashback is not a bad idea since you'll surely use up the coins before they expire. Panget kasi may limit sa coins usage.

2. Sheryl.

Sheryl. Well-Known Member

Not bad. Unfortunately, trade in value of AJT is a bit low.
    I have to find buyer somewhere else.

Jordie Hernandez likes this.
  3. Jordie Hernandez

Jordie Hernandez New Member

di ba its a good deal na compared sa
    If habol natin is the price, AJT Gadget Shop is the good store for us. If after natin is warranty (A2218) variant for Pro Max, go to PMC / iStudio or any authorized resellers.

May nabasa ako dito, Beyond the Box is accepting HK/China variant daw?

4. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

Every year, every iphone release laging may confusion sa warranty ng iphone, lol
    to set the record straight:
    1. Same model number with PH almost always get warranty here in PH, such as units from SG, etc...
    2. China/HK iphones: The clear cut answer is NO, it officially does not have any warranty in PH, but there are exceptions, that is why we hear of stories where some HK iphones were accepted for warranty here in PH. That is the exception rather than the rule. Apple has been known to be very generous or shall we say "customer friendly" when it comes to repairs and they do give out exceptions, especially IF the repair or part replacement needed is available in the said country. But you cannot demand this since technically an iPhone bought from HK does not have warranty in PH. An example of this is say the volume button of your iPhone (from HK) gets damaged, and it turns out that part number is the same as what is being used here, then there is a good chance "some" official apple service centers will accept it, or at least grant you an exception. But if the part or spare parts needed is unique to an HK-issued iphone, then it cannot be serviced here, even if some service centers want to since they dont have that part. These facts are from a friend who works at a service center before and was also double checked by myself when i got an iPhone X from HK before as i called almost all those authorized service centers (even those not so popular ones but are likewise apple certified ones) to get to the bottom of this warranty thing.

Hope this helps, again there is no warranty if its from HK or other countries that does not share the same iPhone model number with PH, those stories of people being able to warranty their units were the exceptions rather than the rule, and unlike an official warranty where you can at least demand, the same cannot hold true for HK iPhones since it technically doesnt have a warranty. I did buy that iPhone X for 85k without warranty two years ago since i was excited to get the new form factor and the unit didnt need a warranty, at least after the first year. A cousin of mine is also using an XS Max from HK and its working great. Personally my rule is that if its a form factor that's new and i'm excited about it, then i'd risk it since I can't wait (will just go to HK if it conks out hehe) .. but for iterations like the iPhone 11, i'm getting mine locally (same with my XS Max, got them from powermac) what's a one month wait for one whole year of peace of mind.

#564 shootertwist, Oct 10, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  5. l7224

l7224 Active Member

If I get the iPhone 11 Pro from https://www.apple.com/ph/, I should be able to use a Smart nano sim and Globe e-sim on it right?

6. Ghibli

Ghibli Well-Known Member

Yes, provided that you are a Globe postpaid account holder since esim is not available with Globe prepaid.

7. l7224

l7224 Active Member

Thanks sir! Works for me as I plan to get a Globe postpaid plan and secondary Smart prepaid account.

8. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Member

Guys san ba ideal kaya bumili ng iphone 11 pro max?
    Sa globe, sa premium reseller like powermac or sa black market sa greenhills like ajt?

san kaya mas practical?

9. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

^I don't know what you mean by practical, but it would seem you are asking if it would be convenient to buy the iPhone 11 Pro Max at those three choices, amirite?

Globe, if you are subscriber, then there's no problem there.
    Powermac, BTB or any premium reseller, the same as above and you get the same package nonetheless.
    Grey Market (not black, that would be contraband), it's a hit or miss, you can get a lemon, you can haggle the price, or you can find what you are looking for without having to wait for so long (they will just hie over to the next stall)

It all depends on what you want and what you are prepared to encounter after you buy the iPhone.

10. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Member

Sorry for the confusion, what i mean is kung san kaya mas makakamura ako kasi for me medyo sobra sobra sakin un plan 1799, probably baka pwede sana sakin plan 999.

isa pa nakikita ko advantage ng hindi ako mag globe is open line i could maximize using 2 different networks...

11. deucejunkie

deucejunkie Active Member

Pinakamurang option is to buy it outright from a grey market seller and go prepaid.

raypin likes this.
  12. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

I have a trip to Macau next month. Will just get my 11Pro/256 there for the dual-SIM option, and save me the perennial hassle of carrying two phones on my foreign trips. Might sell off my slightly used XS/256 then which I got in Singapore just this July.

raypin, Qin Zhi and hitme64 like this.
  13. gadgetmonger

gadgetmonger PhilMUG Addict Member

I hope we can pin something like this as a disclaimer on all new iPhone discussions

Jordie Hernandez likes this.
  14. mackie8

mackie8 Member

For those who bought from AJT ..how is the process like? Check unit and pay ...
    Or pay first before checking?

I had a bad experience kasi sa isang online seller... The process was check serial.. hehunbox activate and i can do physical check... And i paid... But upon checking there's a big scratch sa aluminium side ng phone.. and the seller refuse to open another unit and just gave me 1k refund for that scratch... Im kinda OC and felt really bad about that deal.

15. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm..you can check for physical defects, turn it on and check it then pay. Make sure they understand this before you even start. While checking, do it in their presence.

Or walk away.

Also, a tip: only pay the cash to the person who gave you the unit and only do so once the receipt has been completed. Kaliwaan.

Tip 2: secure your bag. Divisoria mode.

l7224 likes this.
  16. deucejunkie

deucejunkie Active Member

This is a bit off-topic - I recently bought a MBP from BosJap in GH. The lady who assisted me asked what I wanted, she checked if there were units available, got one brand new box, put it in front of me and asked me if I wanted her to open it. She opened the box, took the notebook out, went through the set up process, and then asked me to inspect the unit (not a single mention of payment up to that point of the transaction). I paid only after duly checking the item. I think their iPhone prices are quite competitive with AJT's, so you might want to check them out as well (name of the lovely lady who assisted me was Apple, not sure if she was being cheeky though).

#576 deucejunkie, Oct 12, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    penmanila likes this.
  17. docnico

docnico PhilMUG Addict Member

PowerMac is accepting preorders starting October 18 according to their twitter account. This is new. In the past, resellers just offer first-come first-served during their midnight launch, and you have to line up.

18. dendejr

dendejr Member

They actually had it last year for XS and XS Max.

upload_2019-10-13_0-2-33.png

19. macsurge730

macsurge730 PhilMUG Addict Member

8D824C0E-5E51-4610-88E7-56A68A897AC8.jpeg
    iPhone 11 Pro Night mode here in Tagaytay

#579 macsurge730, Oct 15, 2019 at 9:28 PM
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019 at 9:09 AM
  20. ramil

ramil Active Member

Nice photo! This looks like it was taken using the ultra wide angle lens. Is that correct?

I thought the Night Mode only works with the standard 26mm (or wide angle) lens? Did you use a wide angle converter (like a Moment lens) over the standard lens?