iPhone 11 Pro & iPhone 11 Pro Max

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by yoh_hectic, Sep 11, 2019.

1. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...I was hoping that iOS 13 contained a payload for the China nano nano phones to correct this anomaly for existing sms threads....for calls, no problem. It is perfect. No joy.

2. theadvocate_ivan

Thanks for the feedback!

Sunil_K likes this.
  3. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

this is the reason i still bring 2 phones even if im on the nano/nano dual sim phone haha hassle

raypin likes this.
  4. OwlAlpha26

OwlAlpha26 Active Member

On-screen finger print unlock? I think it's an inferior tech. Unless, the sensor is the entire screen. I hate fingerprints on my screen tho. Also, I never perfected tracing that sensor in my S10 before. I love that lock screen where when your iPhone recognized your fugly face, it will show all the then hidden notifs. To me that's dope. Let them figure out to hide those 3D map sensor and everything else under the screen first only to realize that Samsung is just giving us garbage innovation with a high price tag.

5G? Give it 4 or more years for it to be totally useful here in PH.

No notch? It's the iPhones current trademark like the home button. Well, just like what I've said, lets just give them time to tuck it in the screen first. Then we'll be even happier.

I just don't understand that bilateral charging where your phone is brick useless when you're trying to slow charge your Airpods. The time where charging can be done ON the screen while you can use the other part of the screen is I think the ideal way you do it?

To me, iPhone 11 Pro or Pro Max is perfect naming. Unless Apple is Samsung where they could just copy paste that Plus word to everything else they could come up to.

All is just my honest opinion tho. :)

#304 OwlAlpha26, Sep 23, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    Sunil_K, jhunatsituab and raypin like this.
  5. Rics

Rics Active Member

i thought this might be relevant to ask here as globe and smart will soon be rolling out the iphone 11s too. are the two sim slots locked to either smart or globe depending on which telco you got them from? say if i got an iphone from smart, will i be able to use globe as my second sim or no? TIA!

6. deucejunkie

deucejunkie Active Member

Let’s give Apple 3 more years to get it right? :D

So first impressions coming from an XS Max to Max Pro: I’m happy to find that the 4G speeds I’m getting here in my area are the same if not a little better with the dual nano sim unit. Was fairly nervous about the lack of B28. I’m expecting the opposite when I go back to Sydney where the networks use a lot of B28 infra, but I’m just gonna worry about that when I get there.

I didn’t notice the added weight, so that’s good too.

Phone feels quite slippery without a case on.

Since I got the Space Gray, no OCing about the easily-scratched stainless steel side finish when removing and putting back the case.

My old phone was running on iOS 13.1 Beta, so I couldn’t restore from my backup to the Max Pro. Good thing 13.1 releases tomorrow.

GelOBrrz and raypin like this.
  7. GelOBrrz

GelOBrrz Active Member

Yes. Screen and battery size

8. deucejunkie

I think both telcos issue the non-HK/China variant (only 1 physical sim slot + 1 e-sim. I’m pretty sure they lock the physical sim slots, no idea about the e-sim “slot”, but I’d say manage your expectations..

9. denpacs

denpacs PhilMUG Addict Member

My iPhone XS Max from Globe is Network locked. I'm currently using a Globe eSIM and have I tried putting a Smart SIM on my Nano SIM and it did not work.
    And as far as i know, Dual SIM iPhones here in Philippines are the eSIM + Nano SIM variant (same with Singapore). (y)

10. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mm...the iPhone 11 is new. The iPhone next year is the S version.....so 11S. The new is internal....5G. Form factor will be the same. My best guess is only the 11 Pro Max S will get 5G, with a bump up in price. 5G sets are significantly more expensive (see Samsung Note 10 Plus 5G is usd200 more than regular Note 10 plus/20% more).

I seriously doubt 11 Pro S will get 5G. It will push the entry price to over usd1K.

11. deucejunkie

Has anyone see any reviews of the max pro that tested battery life with both sim lines on? I wonder if the extra ~4 hours claim was based on data from users who had both lines active.

12. macjobber

macjobber PhilMUG Addict Member

Legit HK shop at Shopee now sells the new iPhones

Screenshot_2019-09-23-13-52-47-459_com.shopee.ph.png

13. Ghibli

Ghibli PhilMUG Addict Member

People are buying at the green at droves but the “milky” silver does it for me, it is absolutely gorgeous. Elegant and classy, such an underrated color.

14. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

Finally got my iPhone 11 Pro Max (Midnight Green) and jumping from the 6 to the 11 Pro is sweeter than your girlfriend's kisses. After persevering with constant crashes, apps loading slow and general battery degradation, it's nice to finally have a phone that just works again -- for the most part, because iOS 13 still has some bugs.

Sharing my own night shot test from last night. Forgot to take one without night shot activated, but you've already seen the comparisons in countless posts elsewhere.

10s exposure; handheld with my arms resting on the window pane; 16:9 frame setting
    [​IMG]

15. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

All China models have dual simcard slot That includes HK TW Macau

16. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Congratulations. But don’t tell that to your girlfriend.

I am happy because my wife doesn’t want to upgrade her X to an XS Max so I can trade in this one and pay off the 11 Pro my cousin bought me (on a scalper’s damn price. In HK.)

rednaxela, Sunil_K and Leon21 like this.
  17. J316

J316 Member

Got the iPhone 11 Pro Gold here in Macau but I think that unit was from HK. Got it from an Apple Reseller since the Apple Store here does not have the units yet.

raypin likes this.
  18. rednaxela

rednaxela Active Member

The XS (HK model) didnt have that last year so I’m glad they did it right this time.

19. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

Only the XSmax and XR has it.

#319 jetan, Sep 23, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  20. rednaxela

rednaxela Active Member

Nope! I bought my XR in HK last year and it had dual physical Nano Sim. FYI