iPhone 11 Pro & iPhone 11 Pro Max

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by yoh_hectic, Sep 11, 2019.

1. rednaxela

rednaxela Active Member

2. deucejunkie

deucejunkie Active Member

Pressing and holding the send button gives you the Send With Effect screen. What am I missing?

Attached Files:

3. theadvocate_ivan

Will the unlocked units from US work here?

4. Sunil_K

Sunil_K PhilMUG Addict Member

absolutely

5. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

You need to have both sim turned on

6. potpot2

potpot2 PhilMUG Addict Member

I dont think that’s right. If you hold the send button, it will be the sending with different effects that will appear.

7. Cruncher

Cruncher Member

For me this is not working. I only get the Effects screen. Both SIM`s are turned on.

The only way I figured out to send from the second number is to delete the conversatiom and start a new one.

8. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mmm...same here. No effect. Effects lang lumalabas.....can post a short vid?

9. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

I won’t be tabbing my name on the iPhone 11, Pro &Pro Max Roll Call because I don’t want to condone scalping for these gadgets, but that dumb (or damn?) cousin of mine just went back to Causeway Bay and got me a Pro. Just after I told her I don’t want her going to scalpers and getting the goods, here she is texting me it’s been done with. I don’t even want to know how much she got her head scalped but God forbid me I’ll smack her if she didn’t get me the midnight green HAHAHA :LOL:

10. ChampsÉlysées

Any news on when will the local launch be?

AVG likes this.
  11. deucejunkie

I can’t believe I’m using this word, but I’m finding Apple’s dual sim implementation just appalling.

So to switch lines when sending SMS: Activate airplane mode, send a message to a number (which will fail), turn off airplane mode and try sending the failed message again. Crude workaround, till Apple get it right.

potpot2 likes this.
  12. guwapito

guwapito Well-Known Member

curious about this too

13. jetan

Use two phone numbers for calls, messages, and data
    Now that your iPhone is set up with two phone numbers, here's how to use them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let your iPhone remember which number to use
    When you call one of your contacts, you don't need to choose which number to use every time. By default, your iPhone uses the same number that you used the last time you called that contact. If you haven't called that contact, your iPhone uses your default number. If you want to, you can specify which number to use for your calls with a contact. Follow these steps:

1. Tap the contact.
    2. Tap Preferred Cellular Plan.
    3. Tap the number you want to use with that contact.

my bad.. here's the correct one.

14. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

Eyeing the Silver/White, anyone also going for the same or already got one?

Ghibli likes this.
  15. jetan

[​IMG]

rabby likes this.
  16. raypin

Mm...naninibago ka lang. As I posted in the Xs Max thread in 2018:

If you want to strictly segregate specific contacts to specific line: start by segregating numbers fir each contact. Ex. Jose globe and jose smart and start a new messaging thread for each contact number according to your preferred line. Backread the xs max thread.

Mm... that only applies for cellular calls or switching from one line to another to make calls. It does not apply to switching lines to send sms for existing messaging threads, inherited when we restore from iCloud backup of a previous iPhone.

I ve posted extensively about this issue in the Xs Max thread shortly after getting the dual nano xs max at launch last Sept 2018.

Walang nagbago from sept 2018.

#296 raypin, Sep 22, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    Sunil_K likes this.
  17. rednaxela

rednaxela Active Member

Nainggit wife ko sa 11 Pro Max ko so I was compelled to buy her the 11 Pro in Gold here in HK. I can now confirm that the HK 11 Pro SKU’s have the dual physical nano sim config. FYI!

Sunil_K and raypin like this.
  18. raypin

mm....still the same shade of gold as previous iPhone gold?

19. rednaxela

rednaxela Active Member

Yeah it looks the same pale shade except for the matte glass finish on this one. The Gold Bezel is still the same.

raypin likes this.
  20. deucejunkie

yeah but one shouldn’t really have to do these. It’s messy having to maintain separate phone book entries vs one entry with multiple numbers labelled accordingly. Moreover there will be instances when you’ll have to use line 2 to message a contact with whom you already have an existing thread using line 1. What then, you’d have to delete that existing thread first to be able to start a new one? Mess.

And that’s the thing, one year na lumipas, parang wala man lang nabago to improve on this functionality. I’ve used a cheap dual sim android phone as a backup before and it was pretty easy to switch numbers when sending SMS/calling (you always get the option to choose unless you default a line for a specific contact). Surely that’s not too much to ask? Ah what do I know.

Anyway I’ll get used to the workaround eventually. End of rant sorry po, carrying on.

raypin likes this.