iPhone 11 Pro & iPhone 11 Pro Max

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by yoh_hectic, Sep 11, 2019.

1. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm....can’t wait for you try the 3 lens on Josie.

2. raypin

Mm....and like clockwork, the drop test:

personally, I dont believe in drop or bend tests any more than driving a brand new car against a concrete wall as a test of durability. Concrete always win. So, strictly for entertainment purpose only.

Sunil_K and hitme64 like this.
  3. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

^Yep, and certifiably a motive for many to buy the new iPhone cases, and an industry again makes more money.

More than iPhone sales, there’re cases, tempered screens, cables, powerbanks, etc. that drive the consumers crazy. There won’t be a lag on these things.

4. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Active Member

Saw the video. Really impressed with the durability of this new iPhones.

5. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Active Member

Might skip this new iPhones this year. Not enough features for me to upgrade my iPhone XS Max.

Hopefully next year this features will be unleash:
    1. On-screen fingerprint unlock
    2. 5G ready
    3. No notch
    4. Bilateral charging
    5. Good product names

Ghibli and Ejaxene like this.
  6. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

I'm tempted coming from first-generation notch :D

7. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

I’ve been using the Pro Max for almost a day.
    Pros.
    The more you use it the more you’ll appreciate the brighter screen.
    Apps open up considerably faster than the Xs Max.
    The cameras will give you more freedom to make creative shots.
    It’s now easier to transfer files/ data from your previous iPhone. No need for iCloud.

a few nitpicks.
    The notch is still a sore to look at when watching videos.
    Would have been great if they added reverse charging. Makes it easier for me to charge my Airpods.
    Since they’ve added the Pro in the name, it would have been great if they also implemented the 120hz Pro Motion Display from the iPad Pro.

rdy0329 likes this.
  8. deucejunkie

deucejunkie Active Member

hmm, coz as it is, the XS Max already feels a little
    Thank you! I did check the Fortress website as well, however, I'm leaning towards the midnight green (I've always gone for silver/gold before so let's try something totally different), and it's unlikely that they (or any other store for that matter) would still have stock of that color 2 days into the launch, but here's to first time travellers to HK getting lucky! :D

I hope I don't spend most of time trying to find my way around the city or getting all touristy. MUST. FOCUS. ON. WHAT. IS. IMPORTANT. LOL. I land 6PM and heading straight to... I don't even know where to begin looking. I haven't even booked accommodation for the night yet. What an exciting mess!

P.S. If anyone is interested, I could possibly get an extra unit. Promise, 'di ko po kayo tutubuan. Masyado. :D

9. deucejunkie

deucejunkie Active Member

thoughts/feels about the slightly heavier weight of the Pro Max vs XS Max? :)

leninmac likes this.
  10. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

Hopefully they activate reverse charge via software, I just need to top up the buds to full, not the case (emergency scenarios)
    Pro Motion is almost a guaranteed thing in the future. Spreading out feature implementation ala Series 5 Apple Watch is the name of the game.
    Smaller Notch x 5G is also on the table but i'm honestly used to the current notch now, Better sound quality would make up for the same notch size (for me).

Qualcomm gen2/3 5G modems might be a better choice down the line, less heat throttling and more band support to keep the ball rolling.

leninmac likes this.
  11. gpo74

gpo74 Well-Known Member

drop test

leninmac likes this.
  12. leninmac

Hmm. I actually prefer the heavier weight. Lol.

prof_er likes this.
  13. raypin

mm...from their website, me stock ng iPhone 11 and Pro sa Fortress store Hong Kong International Airport as of kaninang umaga. Yung store sa unrestricted area departure, level 7. Take the elevator near Pret A Manger arrival area.

if you want to save time...

E6FEC44D-F51E-4968-9F9D-02E35E797023.png

For accommodations, check through Agoda. And get prepaid CSL tourist sim from 1010 Shop, exit customs and to your right across Mcdo....

#253 raypin, Sep 21, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    deucejunkie likes this.
  14. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

Nothing wrong with wishing; we all have wishes. But the Pro context of the iPad is different from the Pro context of the iPhone. How?

A friend of mine also wishes that the Pro cameras of the iPhone 11 Pro will be included in the next generation of the iPad Pro. I told him that, although there's a reasonable chance that that may happen (parity), the most popular professional use case of smartphone cameras is run-and-gun video shoots, and "out of pocket" photos of online journalists, and "pro bloggers". Who runs and guns with an iPad Pro? Got a gimbal for that? :D

On the other hand, the most common professional (creative) uses of the iPad Pro are different—illustration, photo editing, and to a lesser extent video editing—where 120Hz would be more useful, such as instantly displaying pixels created by fast-moving Pencil strokes.

Yes, we could all use a faster display. But since iPad Pro's ProMotion employs variable frame rates, most videos would be rendered at lower frame rates anyway, to match (no judder) the video frame rate (YouTube, Netflix, iTunes, etc. are mostly 30fps), and to conserve battery.

Yes, reading e-magazines and e-books on the iPad Pro at 120Hz is so much better; easier on the eyes. But who reads magazines/books extensively on an iPhone? :)

Games on an iPhone? Sure, but that's hardly a professional use case. Real pro gamers play on consoles or PC rigs, not smartphones.

In short, there's less upside to a 120Hz display on an iPhone Pro (not the device for illustrations and long reads), than on an iPad Pro. And due to the 120Hz display's higher power consumption, there's more downside on an iPhone Pro's (smaller battery) than on an iPad Pro.

So, just because they're both called Pro does not mean they should have the same features. Apple simply prioritised features that suited each device's likely Pro use case. :)

Trust and patience lang daw. Hindi P'ro angal. ;)

15. leninmac

Sure. I do wish they had it included though. We already have a phone with a 90Hz refresh rate, the One Plus 7 Pro.

Ghibli likes this.
  16. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Active Member

Sa mga naka bili na ng iphone 11 pro max, any reviews?
    Is the camera really that good as advertise?
    Is the night mode on camera really that good on low light?
    Does the battery really last long than xs max?

17. raypin

Mm...higher refresh rates matter more for big ass desktop monitors and it depends on the application. Higher refresh means smoother animation. As a decades-long PC gamer, it matters a lot (lessens screen tearing and makes for a much smoother gaming experience). For smartphones? Not necessary. Also, the proof is in pudding....the current and previous gen iPhones have always had the smoothest graphics and animation experience in the industry. It is buttery smooth.

potpot2 likes this.
  18. wewen17

wewen17 Active Member

Will these iPhones have the physical dual sims? What model could that be? Can’t seem to find in apple’s site. Tia.

19. sandybridge_guy

sandybridge_guy PhilMUG Addict Member

I’ve never seen such a clean night shot off a mobile phone.

[​IMG]

potpot2 and jhunatsituab like this.
  20. Ghibli

Ghibli PhilMUG Addict Member

At minimum, I want an i-phone with a usb-c connection. Will do wonders with my cable consolidation.