iPad2 suddenly no sounds!

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by mytam28, Jan 28, 2012.

1. mytam28

mytam28 Member

Almost 4months old iPad2, wifi+3G suddenly no sounds. It was working well lastnight then just this morning when I do 'slide to unlock', I didn't hear any sounds. Tried some Apps (games) no sounds. Checked all settings then restored the unit, but it didn't fix the problem. HELP! :confused:

2. view2darrel

view2darrel Member

my cousin have this problem last month. like u said even in the setting etc. no where to be found. it was fix after a couple of days and i dont know how he do it.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

3. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

What about with headphones? Still the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. view2darrel

view2darrel Member

By the way my cousins problem is like its detecting that the earplug is connected. Check yours. ill ask him when we see each other how he fix it

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

5. native_kim

native_kim Member

This happened to me too. I used a headphone and when I unplugged the jack there was no sound coming out of the iPad. What I did was plug the headphone jack back in and out a couple of times and the sound came back on the iPad speakers.

Hth.

6. littlewingz08

littlewingz08 Well-Known Member

try toggling the physical silent switch to on and off a couple of times and see if it helps.

7. david1215

david1215 Member

It's probably in the jack port. Try doing what @native_kim did. It might be some kind of a physical problem.

8. goddessella

goddessella Member

it happened to me too a couple of months back. i saw a post here somewhere (i think it was here) you might've accidentally turned all sounds off. just double click the home button and slide to the right there's a sound icon. turns out i (or someone who borrowed the ipad) accidentally tapped it off.

9. keilu

keilu Member

My ipad2 sometimes goes mute. What i found to be the source - for mine anyways - was when i changed side switch settings. Normally its set to lock rotation, but one time a accidentally had it switched to mute. Toggling back and forth didnt work, you have to slide the switch as well to unlock mute, then return to setting to return it to lock. I actually just fiddled with it until the sounds returned.

10. fieldsheer

fieldsheer Member

its just on mute. Double tap the home, swipe the multitask bar to the right and then unmute the speaker icon in the far left.

11. lsalapare

lsalapare Well-Known Member

your last resort is to have it warrantied.. ;)

12. mystavros

mystavros Member

13. mytam28

mytam28 Member

When u say get it warrantied, u mean applecare? No applecare for iPad in PH right?

Did this and it worked! Thanks everyone! ;)

14. chipshot

chipshot Member

Try to double top the home button to be able for the multitasking bar to appear and then slide the multitasking bar to the right side... you will see a speaker icon etc. if the icon is in mute click it to un-mute.

I hope it will work :)