Ipad recommendation

Discussion in 'iPad' started by John cid 42, Apr 30, 2020.

1. John cid 42

John cid 42 New Member

Hi guys need your help, im looking to buy an ipad after this ecq...
    I will mostly used it for surfing, checking mails, watching netflix and playing games like asphalt and call of duty... then from time to time i will also used it for editing some word or excel files....

im torn between getting the ipad air 3, ipad pro 2018 (11”) or ipad pro 2020 (11”)...
    Im not consider getting the ipad 7 (10.2” ipad) cause i know its specs is a little lag behind...

Need your recommendation or opinions on it...

2. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

IMO, newer is always better. Go for the Pro 2020

Best processor - among your options

Only drawback for me will be it's USB-C port... if I'm inside Apple's walled garden, I will need to carry another cable just to have it charged (AirPods and iPhone use lightning)

raypin, ronjet and hitme64 like this.
  3. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

iPad Pro 2020, Pro di ka na mag-isip pa. ;)

raypin and ronjet like this.
  4. caffelatte

caffelatte Active Member

some recommendations:

ronjet likes this.
  5. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

If you are just thinking which one to buy, don’t think too much, just buy the iPad Pro 2020! :)

raypin likes this.
  6. quakercountry

quakercountry Active Member

i'm using the ipad 9.7 2018 for CoD and it works fine.

7. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

Because you're already considering the iPad Pro 2020, you may not be at peace if you buy anything less.

8. John cid 42

John cid 42 New Member

hi actually you have also a point on that matter..
    However what im thinking also is hindi kaya baka mas pracfical din to get the lower version of that ipad since if ever i could use that save money to buy other stuff...

for me naman kasi if ever i will get a new ipad im the type of person that if ever will upgrade again is for the long term, in fact i am currently using my ipad air 2 now for almost 6 yrs na ata, the reason that im planning to upgrade na din is there some apps na that hindi na sya ganun ka compatible and some features that it wont be upgraded anymore... and also the battery is already deteriorate

9. mree

mree Well-Known Member

I always buy the highest tier that my budget allows. I wouldn't want to buy something that's leaning towards entry level if kaya naman ng budget ko ang higher. That's more practical. Mas future proof.

10. caffelatte

caffelatte Active Member

might as well ask here my needs: for extra monitor, jotting notes while meeting / annotations. is ipad 7th gen good enough for that or ipad air 3?

11. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

(Almost) any iOS device will get an iOS update for 4-5 years (from date of release).

Your issue with incompatible app means the developer decided to end support to older devices.

Of all iPads sold by Apple... The iPad Pro is the newest, followed by the iPad.

12. Nisroc88

Nisroc88 Member

Since the topic's title does say 'iPad Recommendation', I'd like to ask what yo guys think of the iPad Pro 10.5 2017? Yeah it's a bit dated already but it's a Pro (for all its worth)....compared to an iPad Air 3?

Or better yet just add maybe Php10k more and go get an iPad Pro 11 2018?

I'm just looking for something to "replace" the iPad Air 3 that's stuck in PH customs right now...

13. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...why would you do that? Just wait. Seems like a waste of funds for two iPads.

14. Nisroc88

Nisroc88 Member

well....I don't have an iPad :p my kids do/will but I don't lol.

...and there's also the wife who wouldn't mind a newer model too (iPad 2 is still kicking strong after all this time).

And why not just get a 2017 Macbook Air? well, yes, I'm quite tempted to add more money and go that direction too....

15. Quest4dgoodlife

Quest4dgoodlife Active Member

If you have extra cash and just want another Ipad for yourself, i'd say save it and save a bit more to buy the newest one for yourself when it comes out. If you've survived this long without an Ipad, it means you can live without it. You just so happen to have the extra bit of cash that excites or titillates you to the idea of buying an older ipad to "tide your children over" since the ipad air 3 is stuck in customs. When it finally arrives, you or your wife gets that "older ipad".

Ultimately you hold the answer. If you can't wait for a few months and use this situation to buy yourself an older ipad or ipad pro then go ahead. If you can wait and save up the cash then you deserve the newest ipad or something else.

16. Shinahashirome

Shinahashirome Active Member

Go for the Pro 11 or 12.9 if you have the budget. If not then the base iPad is actually a good buy. It might not get you the best gaming performance but it will give you similar if not the same experience with editing documents or watching netflix.

17. Nisroc88

Nisroc88 Member

Thanks! I've been looking at the 11 (and 12.9) 2018 versions and trying to find a good deal. At the same time, I'm also being tempted at those 2015 MB Air too, since they're cheaper :)

18. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

Since the first iPad came out, I've always had an iPad and a MacBook at the same time.
    For me, the iPad is best for content consumption.
    The MacBook is best for content creation.
    Your main use for deciding to buy one machine will point you to the right one...

19. Nisroc88

Nisroc88 Member

Thanks for the advice.
    It's for my grade 8 kid's use mostly.
    He's also got a younger bro so I can't just blow away 50k on 1 kid's gear.

20. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Active Member

Hi guys i need your opinion, is it advisable just to replace the battery of my ipad air 2?
    How much is the cost to replace the ipad battery?
    Usually ba are there still original/ authentic battery replacement or usually just class a type of battery nalang ang e papalit nila?

cause it will mainly be used on zoom app almost everyday (online school)

i dont want to consider to buy a new ipad sana since “malalaspag” lang din agad battery nun cause of the everyday zoom..