iPad Pro 2020

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ice, Mar 18, 2020.

1. textguru

textguru Active Member

I dont think so, but try BTB.

I tried Apple Store, but its 1-week already that my unit is on-hold in DHL facility for delivery to PH from SG.

2. knowsnomac

knowsnomac Member

Sir/Man, you were able to order the Ipad Pro 2020 from the Apple Ph online store? Mine just says.....

Delivery:
    • Currently unavailable

3. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Active Member

Any ideas how much maging cost kya nito on the grey market and when will it be launch here in the phil?

looking for ipad pro 2020 11” wifi only

4. jpbl1976

jpbl1976 New Member

Visit AJT Gadget World. He’d already gotten them last week. Here are his prices but he says he’s sold out and will re-stock this week:

11 inch wifi
    128gb 45,500
    256gb 51,000
    512gb 62,000
    wifi+cellular
    128gb 54,000
    256gb 64,000
    512gb 73,000
    1 tb. 85,000
    ============
    12.9” 2020 wifi
    128gb 57,000
    256gb 63,000
    512gb 73,000
    1 tb 85,000
    wifi+cellular
    256gb 73,000
    Smart folio keyboard
    11” 10,800
    12.9” 11,900
    Magic keyboard
    11” 18,000
    12.9” 20,900
    Pencil 2 7,500

Unless you’re really dying for the camera system and the extra graphics core of the 2020 models, you may want to consider getting the 2018 models, which are cheaper now by around ~8k for some models (maybe more for others). They’re running the exact same chips but without the additional graphics core unlocked and obviously the old camera setup. It’s too bad iPads aren’t like PCs or someone clever would have already managed to unlock the A12X chips and had them running on par with the A12Z chips. In any case, some benchmarks that have been run by the people who love to clock these things say the performance of the A12X and A12Z chips are identical. You’d really only be paying for the newer camera system.

Dgame12345 and Jarey like this.
  5. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Active Member

tnx for this info..
    Anyway how much nalang kaya sa ajt ang ipad pro 2018 version?
    Do you think there is still a chance that the ipad pro 2020 price still drops after a few months? Cause i think these ipads are still not available on the beyond the box, powermac...

6. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mm...AJT is on FB. Lahat ng contact details andun.

Usually, it takes a year before hardware prices come down depending on incoming stocks of new models. Not just the iPads. If you can wait until late 2020, there is high probability that old models will be sold at an even greater discount.

if you intend to hold on to the iPad for a long time say 3 to 6 years, my advice is to get the latest model (2020). Nothing like owning the latest model.

7. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Active Member

Tnx for the info... anyway what i mean di ba usually the grey market when they first sell new apple products medyo mataas ang price nila then after a few weeks they lower the price a bit and that price might last for a year... just like the iphones before di ba when they first release the new iphones (wala pa sa mga authorize reseller like pmc and btb) there price are way up high then after few weeks they lower it down... will that also be applicable on ipads kaya?

8. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mmm...gray market prices will always improve (discounted) with the passage of time. I sense that you are on a budget. If so, wait for prices to come down from where they are. If you are patient and have no immediate need for a new iPad, delay purchase as much as you can. Monitor na lang.

Dgame12345 likes this.
  9. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

raypin likes this.
  10. wewen17

wewen17 Well-Known Member

Any leads on stock availability? Our usual suki @Greenhills doesn’t have any. No stocks yet at any apple authorized reseller so our best bet is the grey market.

11. francisian

francisian Well-Known Member

I got one today in green hills, she also had the 2020 mbp

12. jpbl1976

jpbl1976 New Member

That's fine but if you read the reviews and technology blogs, you know that the "new" iPads aren't really new outside of the camera spec bump. Even the A12Z processor is just an unlocked A12x processor.

If you're not concerned about tablet picture-taking or a LIDAR sensor, the 2018 Pros are essentially the same on a day-to-day, task-to-task basis. You can read the comps on AnandTech and other respected/well-regarded sites about the (non) differences.

The chassis of the new models are also essentially the same other than the camera housing and sensor area. The difference between the 2020 and 2018 iPads is so minor that some have said that the difference between the "new" model of the Pro is the smallest among "new" iPad models since the iPad Mini 3 was launched (with the only difference between itself and the iPad Mini 2 being Touch ID).

It's probably more accurate to say that if you're concerned about re-sale value, getting the newer model does have an advantage. Having said that, you'll likely pay less for the older models -- so what you pay in the new model mark-up might surpass the positive variance you get in re-sale value.

13. potpot2

potpot2 PhilMUG Addict Member

I got one from AJT the other day. 11” 256 cellular

Theus likes this.
  14. nwinter

nwinter Member

Aside from the new Ultrawide lens, LiDAR scanner, and minor CPU upgrade, I believe the 2020 base model also comes with 6GB of RAM (up from 4GB) and 128GB of storage (up from 64GB), and also WiFi 6.

What's the price difference between 2020 and 2018 for the base model? Around $100? I guess it really depends on the consumer whether the above upgrades are worth 5K. The extra RAM and storage will most likely be useful in the long run though.

potpot2 likes this.
  15. jpbl1976

jpbl1976 New Member

I never base my buying decisions on base models; those are there so Apple can say they have a product at an attractive price point -- you've seen those ads: "The New iPhone. Starting at $699." Usually, the better reference SKU for Apple is the step-up model; we've seen that with this year's 13" MBA and MBP refreshes. I'm not the only one saying this; this is a frequent point that John Gruber makes on Daring Fireball when Apple announces new products.

But in any case, based on landed PH prices among legitimate 3rd party sellers, there's a difference of around $150-$200 between corresponding models. 6GB of RAM was available on the 2018 model at 1TB of storage, so if you had one of those, there's even less of a reason to pick one up.

The real model that people should be waiting for is the rumored 2021 pro model that Ming-Chi Kuo is suggesting will come out next year: A14X SoC, Mini-LED display tech, likely higher RAM, triple camera, etc. Apple hasn't really been as aggressive in changing the chassis of its products in recent years so I'm not sure if we can expect one even with all the upgrades I mentioned.

I actually have both a 2018 11" 256GB Wi-Fi Cellular model (mine) and a 2020 11" 256GB Wi-Fi Cellular model (my wife's) at home. I set up the latter over a couple of days and in day-to-day use, it's really an undifferentiated experience and I don't find the RAM difference to be noticeable. Apple is just really good at optimizing its software to work with whatever hardware it has to work with, especially among models that are current or 1 generation prior. I just bought the latter because my wife wanted an iPad Pro and that's what was available but, in hindsight, I probably should have gotten her the 2018 model. She's taken exactly 2 pictures with it in the ~1 month she's owned it.

16. nwinter

nwinter Member

All valid points. At the end of the day, like you, it really depends on the consumer.

For people who owns the 2018 model, definitely not worth to upgrade. Who knows, perhaps even next year's model is not worth an upgrade either. We'll know when Apple releases it.

And for people who are just buying the iPad Pro this year, they will definitely get more now for the same price as the iPad Pro from 2018. So there's more value there.

And for those people who can get by with just 64GB storage and doesn't need the new lenses, there's also now the choice to buy the older model and save some cash.

Everyone has different needs, requirements, and of course budget. What's good now is that there are a lot of options to choose from.

17. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Active Member

Did ajt have new stocks of ipads now..?
    I tried calling them few weeks they always have out of stocks..

based on some of the suggestions on this thread i think i will just get the 2018 ipad pro instead of the 2020... i dont i will use those new cameras and lidar on my ipad...

18. mree

mree Well-Known Member

Hirap maghanap ng stocks ngayon. I tried all APRs near me, wala lahat. LOL. And AJT? Well according to them ayaw ng delivery guy nila mag deliver sa Las Pinas, LOL.

19. jpbl1976

jpbl1976 New Member

There are some other vendors like Infinit3 Geeks and TechPartnerPH on Instagram that you can try looking up. I’ve seen a post from the former that says they have some limited stock of the Pros. iPads are in huge demand right now because of distance learning.

20. mree

mree Well-Known Member

^Thank you. I finally got an iPad Pro 2020 just today from Kimstore. I got surprised na meron sila stocks snd na deliver agad today considering yesterdsay ko lang na order. I got the baseline model for 46k.