iPad is on pace to outsell Macs

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by johannes, May 22, 2010.

1. johannes

johannes PhilMUG Chairman
    Staff Member Chairman

For the full article: http://edition.cnn.com/2010/TECH/05/21/ipad.sales/index.html?hpt=Sbin

Well, they laughed at the iPhone when it first came out. And they said the iPad won't get off the ground as it's just an over-sized iPod Touch. Guess who's laughing their way to the bank. ;)

2. iRalph

iRalph Member

@johannes

You're absolutely right!

3. ryomunken

ryomunken Member

Haha! I remember everyone making fun of its name. iTampon, etc. And now whoa! It's a big hit! Way to go Mr. Jobs! :)

4. enuhski

enuhski Active Member

That's why I never dissed the iPad even when the tech pundits were all proclaiming it would never take off. The sales are in the US alone, I can only imagine how much more it would sell outside of the US once it's officially released. ;)

5. macdrive007

macdrive007 Well-Known Member

I hope this brings down the price of future model releases, like $399 for the lowest model...

6. alistair

alistair Member

I hope Apple doesn't ditch its Mac product line.

7. essay

essay Active Member

Those who predicted doomsday for iPad before it was released were mostly geeks.

They thought perhaps that any technological innovation like the iPad should address them as a primary market.

It's the non-techie consumers that are bringing the high sales figures for iPad.

Now, what are the naysayers saying now? :)

8. ian_gabinete

ian_gabinete Member

So essay are you getting one now? Or you already have one? Hehehe!