IPAD from HK accepted by Apple Philippines with regards to warranty?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jomsjoms, Jul 9, 2018.

1. jomsjoms

jomsjoms New Member

I plan to buy an IPAD 2018 from AJT in greenhills but their IPAD comes from HongKong. In this case, will Apple Philippines cover the warranty if anything happens?

If not, can you recommend a similar or better shop that offers the same price as AJT? (AJT sell the 2018 IPAD for P18,000)

Note: Beyond the box doesn't have stocks and does anyone know the philmug price of this item in BTB?

I will buy the IPAD using cash.

Thanks.

2. sibilly

sibilly Active Member

Applecare will cover this....if I’m not mistaken the country based warranty only applies to iPhones all other products are covered globally

3. jomsjoms

jomsjoms New Member

This is what i also know but some people tell me that IPhones AND Ipad are not covered globally. I'm trying to find out if IPAD's are really included or not.... thanks.

4. rednaxela

rednaxela Active Member

I bought mine in California and yes Warranty coverage is covered globally.

5. frequenzy

frequenzy Member

ipad - international warranty
    iphone - country warranty

i have a friend who bought an ipad here then was able to have it serviced in the usa.

greta87 likes this.
  6. Acryllo

Acryllo New Member

Hello, new here. The warranties are region based. Meaning devices from Southeast Asia can be serviced in any Apple Store or Partner stores in Southeast Asia. Even in Australia or NZ. However, there are some countries outside the region that can service the device. For you to know the exact specifics, call their hotline.

7. antski

antski Well-Known Member

It is always better to call the hotline first before going to any local service center. If you can get a reference number for your repair request then you'll have a swifter experience.

8. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

Global warranty on macbooks, ipads, ipods, the only country-specific warranty by apple is for iphones

9. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

Got mine from Kimstore, I believe they're HK units. I did a warranty claim to BTB and they replaced it. Same process. surrender unit wait for 2-4 weeks

10. mr_macbookpro

mr_macbookpro Member

I do have a first hand experience with an iPhone X replacement. I got an iPhone X Dec 10, 2017 at Apple Australia. Went to Japan Dec 17, 2017 and accidentally dropped the phone (with casing of course). Afterwhich the face ID did not worked anymore. Went to Apple Ginza (nearest to me then) and they immediately replaced the unit with a new one even if box and chargers are not with me. This is when I knew that these claims of iphone country warranty limitation is not true.

11. Ejaxene

Ejaxene Well-Known Member

@mr_macbookpro On Apple Australia's legal page here's what's listed:

"Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and HomePod to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device."

Still depends on where you're trying to service the phone if they will accept or not...

shootertwist likes this.
  12. julmercado

julmercado Active Member

Yes. Bought iPad Pro from HK and sent my unit to PMC for replacement.

13. gaol

gaol Well-Known Member

The operative word is may.

@mr_macbookpro : In your case, Apple Japan decided to replace it, and that's more an exception than the general rule.

shootertwist likes this.
  14. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

Exactly bro... apple japan was able to replace it at their discretion but that’s not policy.

Here’s my take on the issue of iphone warranties i posted before:

That’s a case to case basis, take it from someone who called powermac, btb, istudio and one unknown company whose name escapes me now but was also recommended here at philmug when i bought my iphone x from hk... you cannot claim warranty per se since it was bought from another country but authorized repair centers can, at their discretion, with approval from apple, repair it if they have the necessary parts available. An example of this is that say a home button or a volume button goes wrong they can have it repaired here since the parts are almost identical across all iphone models... but say its about an internal part that’s only for the HK model released iphone then they cant repair it... that’s the general consensus from all the shops i called but some would reject it outright if its not in their database but some may be more lenient and if the part is similar then they can repair it.

15. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...this is a long festering issue. Warranty or no warranty repair/support for iPhones and iPads sourced from another country. Some say yes. Others say no. You know what? Let us just make a simple rule: if you want 100% local warranty support, buy from Apple PH or authorized local resellers. Don’t buy from the local gray sellers. If you want better prices and willing to forego with warranty support, feel free to buy from another country or the local Ghills gray vendors. Simple. Clean.

Qin Zhi likes this.