iPad Air 2020

Discussion in 'iPad' started by warmgreentea, Sep 16, 2020.

1. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

2. amieldh

amieldh Active Member

Personally, I’d still go with the Pro even though I’m not a Pro.
    Christmas can’t come fast enough.

Pupkin likes this.
  3. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Active Member

we all have different preferences and usage of ipad...
    for me here is my take between ipad air 4 vs ipad pro 2020 11":

in between the two, i think i will choose the ipad air 4 over ipad pro...
    all the features i needed on the pro before, is already on the new ipad air....
    so the missing features that is not on the air 4 are,
    lidar and better camera,
    120 pro motion,
    pro 11" screen; 10.9" air
    4 speakers on pro (2 speakers on air)
    face id on pro touch id on air

i dont know about the ram of air if its 6gb..

so basically i could live without all these features on the new air, and now regarding processor i dont now how fast is the a14 chip compare to a12z on pro..

and also for me i will choose the 256gb on air since for me 64gb is really not enough space nowadays...

so to sum it up, i could get an ipad which is like a pro in many features but in a cheaper price, a new processor and more storage..

ronjet likes this.
  4. ramil

ramil Active Member

Between the iPad Air 2020 and the iPad Pro 2018 (assuming you can get both for almost the same price), which one will you buy? I am leaning towards the iPad Pro 2018.

The key differences I see - iPad Air 2020 has A14 Bionic and Touch ID, while iPad Pro 2018 has A12X, Face ID, 120Hz Refresh Rate and ProMotion.

5. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

Pro, unless you'd be doing heavy gaming and other graphic intensive tasks, and if you can really get it at the same price, Pro will be Pro.

If you can get an 11inch iPad pro for $599, please do share me your blessings and leave me a message. :ROFLMAO::D

ramil likes this.
  6. ramil

ramil Active Member

Thanks!

I'm actually looking at and comparing the 256GB variants for both the iPad Air 2020 and iPad Pro 2018. Thus, the price point I am targeting is $749. Hopefully, I can still find an iPad Pro 2018 for that amount.

I cannot find any comparisons yet between the A14 Bionic and A12X. I'm not sure if there would be a substantial or noticeable difference in performance.

7. mree

mree Well-Known Member

The true "tea" behind the Air and Pro is not really based on the upgraded A14 chip. Let's face it, it's the full-screen / Pro-like body that makes people say it's a better choice than the Pro now. But if that Air was released with the same body form and huge bezels, even with the A14 chip, people would not want it. Or maybe not "not want it", but more of they would still prefer the Pro.

Then again, just with any tech you wish to get, buy whatever will make you happy without compromising your finances. Ako, I buy whatever I like. Ayaw ko na ng may justification about specs. The only justification that I need is: gusto ko yung item. That's it!

iamlet, kyubi, jayparalejas and 3 others like this.
  8. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

One of the first hands on videos I saw about the Air 2020

raypin and ronjet like this.
  9. levijones

levijones Member

I didn't realize this at first, but the 3.5mm headphone jack is gone.

amieldh likes this.
  10. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Active Member

What is the ram of ipad air4?

11. Geego

Geego Member

Been waiting for the release of the iPad Air 2020, and saw the price is at 43k for the 256gb variant, (I mean, who would want a 64gb iPad, right?) and its release date is still a blur, I have considered getting an iPad Pro 256gb from AJT or Kimstore at 48900. I guess the 6k will be worth it right? Especially since I can get it in like a day or two? Or should I wait a bit more for the iPad Air?

12. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Active Member

How about considering the ipad pro 2020 128gb? Or the storage is still not enough to you?
    Cause I think the 128gb of ipad pro 2020 is around 44-45k right now.

13. Geego

Geego Member

Actually, i'm considering it as well due to the price. But I think the 256gb will be a better choice since the ipad apps are a bit heavy. I just don't want to regret getting the 128gb. And I just want to get my hands on one right now, so I might just take the leap on the iPad pro :D

Dgame12345 likes this.
  14. miannem

miannem New Member

When are Apple products usually available to purchase at our local Apple website? I apologize for the newbie question.

I usually get my gadgets personally at the store months after the release of a product, so I’m not familiar if we get them almost the same time as US, or at a much later time upon release date (and if the release date is the same for the website and in the stores).

I’m planning to get the iPad Air 4 as soon as they release it on the Apple PH website (not risking getting an infection by going out), but I’m worried it might take too long before they start taking orders for it.

15. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

iPad Air 4 is now available in PH Store but lowkey annoyed Cellular models are not yet ready for purchase. Settled for 64GB Wifi only Sky Blue. Hope this doesn’t bite me in the arse down the line.

Reading, reference screen, and YT/Netflix machine only. There goes my GOMO dreams.

Loysir and amieldh like this.
  16. quakercountry

quakercountry Active Member

last night they were for delivery at 4-6 business days, now its by nov.18! one month!

miannem and ckym like this.
  17. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

Supply really are constrained as it shares the same chip as 4 models of iPhone 12 line. They really took their time launching it.

miannem likes this.
  18. gpo74

gpo74 Well-Known Member

anyone know when the ipad air will be sold via our local authorized sellers?

19. Loysir

Loysir New Member

Ano na status ng order mo? Same lang tayo nag pre-order kagabi. Naka processing pa rin ung akin.

20. miannem

miannem New Member

That one time I wasn’t obsessively checking the Apple website to see if it’s available is when they put it up for purchase. Of course. But at least I’ve already secured my iPad Air 4 and Apple Pencil 2! I’ve always waited a few months before buying new products, so this is a thrilling experience.