iPad Accessories

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by miannem, Aug 3, 2020.

1. miannem

miannem New Member

Does anyone have recommendations for must-have iPad and/or Apple Pencil accessories?

All sorts of accessories are welcome (screen protector, bluetooth devices, etc)! I wanted to make a thread where we can share the accessories we use for our iPad :)

2. textguru

textguru Active Member

also thinking of any suggested BT Controllers that i can used for Apple Arcade games?

miannem likes this.
  3. imart

imart PhilMUG Addict Member

Kinda coming late in the iPad party, I also acquired my very first iPad recently with inevitable struggles to find the most suitable accessories that could help protect/increase productivity.
    • Screen Protector - highly advisable to revisit your preferences and tablet usage before this essential purchase. The Elecom paper-like film might be suitable for those who write, scribble, draw or paint just like on paper or textured canvas. The grainy finish delights many but i must admit that I took it by mistake in my rush to protect the screen right after purchasing/picking the iPad from the same mall. I initially liked the anti-fingerprint and anti-reflection features but the coarse touch and feel might cause abrasions on the Pencil tip so I decided to switch to the Zealot brand. It's also anti-glare and comes with oleophobic coating. It's nice and smooth - the pencil glides swiftly, just like how i wanted from the start. If there are options to test and feel the actual film, that would be a great help in picking the right screen protector for you.
    • Casing + Keyboard - at first, I was skeptical about getting a bluetooth keyboard that comes with the casing but I tried to future-proof my needs especially during overseas trips. Primarily, my objective in getting an iPad is to help organize my images, improve my workflow, quickly cull, and perhaps do photo editing (with LR+PS mobile) so I thought about ditching the keyboard and purchase a nice casing/folio instead. Although I accomplish most of my text-intensive documents with a keyboard using the Macbook Pro, I went for the Logitech Slim Folio. It's tad heavy at around 0.55kg but it gets things done.
    • Apple Pencil - it's your magic wand to help produce a lot of creative things :)
    • Pencil Holder - i got the Supcase silicon protective case / pencil holder that offers a sleek and ergonomic casing. The wireless charging is unaffected and fits just fine with the Logitech Slim Folio.
    • Lens Protector - I was torn between the Rinke Camera Styling Lens Protector vs the Amazingthing Lens Tempered Glass Protector. The first one is aluminum and protects the camera glass bezel without affecting both the lens and flash. The other comes with self-adhesive design but I'm personally wary about placing something on top of a camera that might affect image quality.

miannem likes this.
  4. miannem

miannem New Member

Thanks for your input! It honestly took me days to find a screen protector for mine because I wasn’t into the paperlike screens even though I’ll be doing a lot of writing. I’d rather protect the pencil than to be able to “write on paper” with an iPad.

Could you send the link of where you got yours?

5. imart

I got both the Zeelot screen protector and Supcase silicone case cover from Casefactorie here in Singapore. I visited its physical store to check and feel the items myself to ensure some peace of mind.

The store also offers international shipping but haven't tried this option yet.

https://casefactorie.com/collections/supcase/products/applepencil2ndversionsiliconecasecoversupcase

miannem likes this.
  6. ckym

ckym New Member

Does anyone know where I can get a transparent iPad Air 3 case with a smart cover included locally? Preferably one that is actually made for the Air and not the Pro 2017 model because I’m not fond of the extra cutouts

Plus points if it includes an Apple Pencil holder!

*I’m fine with frosted clear ones, just not the colored translucent cases. I want to put stickers on my iPad, hence the need for a transparent case.

#6 ckym, Aug 24, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  7. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Active Member

Where to buy cheapest authentic Apple pencil 2?
    How much?

8. Louyu

Louyu New Member

my ipad smart folio is peeling a bit anybody can suggest anything i can do?

Do you guys know any wraps that are available locally?

9. Nightskye

Nightskye Member

Hi,

Anybody here using a TYPE-C to USB converter for iPad Pro? Would it work with external HDDs? I have a seagate wireless and the wifi connection takes a long time to load because there are a lot of data inside the drive already. I'd like to plug it directly to my ipad pro.

10. imart

I haven't tried connecting my 5TB seagate portable 2.5 external HDD with USB until reading this and gee, it works like a charm when plugged into the Flujo iPad Pro Aluminum USB-C Multi-Function Adapter for the iPad Pro.

Nightskye likes this.
  11. Nightskye

Nightskye Member

Awesome! Thanks for the info! :)

12. miannem

miannem New Member

Where are you guys getting your iPad Air 4 cases from? There’s not a lot of options available yet, so I’m settling for an ESR case until more manufacturers release cases.

(Can’t justify getting myself the Apple smart folio for its price as it doesn’t provide a lot of protection).

I hope there’ll be a lot of transparent cases available so we can show the fun colors of the Air 4. Otterbox Symmetry 360 looks good, but the price is setting me back. Might have to save up for it if there won’t be any quality transparent cases available by the next few months.