iPad 3 Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'AppleTalk' started by katrinahsi, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ernsmd

ernsmd New Member

Re: Wall Street Journal Confirms Early 2012 iPad 3 with Retina Display

tnx for the post Lelouch=)

2. ipad32

ipad32 New Member

i'm happy with the ipad 2. What's the advantage of having a better retina display?

3. marlowe_td

marlowe_td Member

wow ipad 3 already?!? Im guessing in the near future there will be an ipad 10 or more hehe!

4. vgsison

vgsison Well-Known Member

Wall Street Journal Confirms Early 2012 iPad 3 with Retina Display

When i am 50 years old, it might be ipad 20 already! Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

5. katrinahsi

katrinahsi Member

iPad 3 on February 24, Steve Jobs' birthday?

Source: GMA News Online

Report: iPad3 to be launched on Steve Jobs' birthday?

"Will the next-generation iPad, Apple Inc.'s popular tablet computer, be launched on the birth anniversary of the late Apple co-founder, the late Steve Jobs on February 24?

Taiwan's Central News Agency cited a report by a local Chinese-language newspaper that quoted sources in the supply chain that this may be the case.

CNA said the "Economic Daily News" cited its sources in the supply chain that the next iPad could be launched between mid-first quarter and end-March in 2012.

A separate article on Apple enthusiast site 9to5mac.com said Apple has released new products on Jobs' birthday before.

"For example, the Thunderbolt MacBook Pros earlier this year, and the re-designed Safari 4 beta in 2009," it said.

Jobs, born on Feb. 24, 1955, died last October after a battle with cancer. He was credited for devices such as the iPhone, iPod and iPad."

Read more

6. fabuluscat

fabuluscat Member

Rumors: iPad3 to Be Release Feb 24, 2012

Friday December 23, 2011 9:17 am PST by Eric Slivka

FocusTaiwan reports (via 9to5Mac) that Apple pushing its manufacturing partners to meet deadlines that would allow the company to launch the iPad on Steve Jobs' birthday, February 24th.

A local Chinese-language newspaper reported Friday that iPad3 might be launched on Feb. 24 to mark the anniversary of the birth of Apple's late co-founder Steve Jobs.

Citing sources close to Taiwanese makers in the iPad3 supply chain, the Economic Daily News said the gadget could be launched in mid-first quarter of next year or by the end of next March.

According to the report, workers at several iPad component suppliers as well as manufacturing partner Foxconn will have limited time off during the usual Lunar New Year holiday. The Lunar New Year holiday itself falls on January 23rd next year, with workers generally receiving a number of other days off from work around that date.

[​IMG]
    Sources have been reporting a variety of rumored dates for an iPad 3 introduction, with some claiming a debut in the March-April timeframe while others have pointed to a February launch being in the works.

Apple last year launched new MacBook Pro models on Jobs' birthday, although that unusual Thursday introduction was likely a convenient coincidence driven by the debut taking place during the Presidents Day holiday week.

SOURCE:
    http://www.macrumors.com/2011/12/23...-ipad-3-on-steve-jobs-february-24th-birthday/

7. elbert

elbert Active Member

Re: Rumors: iPad3 to Be Release Feb 24, 2012

I doubt that very much. iPad has been a mid-year cycle since it fist launched two years ago. The current one is selling like crazy. There are no issues with the current iPad 2. There is no compelling new technology available that is lacking in the iPad 2.

From a corporate and economic standpoint, it doesn't make sense to rush into the launch of a new model. By rush, I'm referring to the iPad 2 being only a half a year old.

Of course, with Apple, anything can happen. I wouldn't be surprised though if Apple pushes the iPad refresh cycle down to the same timing as iPods, which was joined by the iPhone just this year.

8. b2r1y

b2r1y Member

I just got my iPad 2 last May, 2011. I think Feb is a bit early for a refresh. Then again, its Apple. Anythings possible.

If they do release an iPad 3, I hope it'd sport the ff new features:
    Quad core processor
    Retina Display
    Higher res cameras (Both front and rear)
    Option for a 7"
    Wishful thinking - MC slots and HDMI ports

9. ijingo

ijingo Active Member

The iPad is almost perfect already. I can't think of anything they can add on except Siri.

10. morpheuzzz

morpheuzzz Member

I agree that iPad 2 is practically perfect. Web-browsing is pleasureable even compared to my MBP. It's just that I can't help from noticing the pixels compared to the iPhone 4. Siri, Retina Display and higher optics would be conducive specs for the upgrade.

11. keersee

keersee Member

Here we go again! , I agree from the previous comments its almost perfect no need to release a new ipad , but i think ipad developer have a better idea in addtion to ipad2 , who knows? We will be suprise.

12. justinred

justinred Member

It will be released once apple announces it. Period. End of discussion. :)

Am sure apple vets will agree with me. :)

13. lsalapare

lsalapare Well-Known Member

after all, it's still a rumor.. ;)

14. Gesh

Gesh Member

Agree that it would be a quick refresh.

Love the iPad 2, think its perfect, but that's until the Apple shows a feature in the iPad 3 I never new I wanted. :)

15. mactrix

mactrix Member

the samsung galaxy is selling bec. it's also phone. this is one feature that iPad is overlooking.

16. godivachoc

godivachoc Active Member

I'm holding off buying an iPad 2 until i'd really need it --- graduate school :) Can't wait for the iPad 3 so I can get an iPad already!!

17. himuramaki

himuramaki Member

My original iPad is still fine. But I will be interested on an iPad 3 in case they do release it by February.

18. iCaduceus

iCaduceus Active Member

a rumor is still a rumor until proven but i have reserved buying ipad2 just in case.

19. aajgb

aajgb Member

That rumor would happen only if Apple sold out it's inventory of iPad 2.
    But by then, Christmas, new year, lunar new year would be over, and unless Apple come up with a better 8 megapixel large aperture autofocus camera with flash, & quadcore processor, more ram, siri, dedicated hard buttons, usb, there is no reason for me to replace my Palm T/X + canon camera + iPad 2.

20. jsg123

jsg123 Active Member

The iPad 3 will only come out if the new processor is ready and the large retina display or better

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.