Ipad 2017 screen replaced

Discussion in 'iPad' started by pandecoco, Mar 28, 2019.

1. pandecoco

pandecoco Member

Yesterday, I had my Ipad 2017 glass screen replaced in SM North annex 5th floor; cost php1500, with one week warranty(!). Gave it at 11.45 am, got it by 2pm; I did ask around other repair center on that floor, Prices vary from 2,800 to 2500. On FB, one store quoted Php 9,000-12,000. Amazon sells that replacement screen with all the tools for usd 20; olx and lazada for so much less, php 500-800! Well, I hope it lasts. I liked that service center because they have an Imac and the technician has a well lighted work area and a felt pad on his table....

2. Tsumabukis

Tsumabukis Member

Sir, I shattered the glass screen of my 2017 10.5” iPad PRO.
    I have been looking for a repair shop here in Manila that will not charge an arm and leg.
    Puede ba mahingi ung exact details ng repair shop (store’s name, kuya’s name, etc.)?
    Please DM me if that is not allowed in the forums.

Also, may I ask how you broke your screen?
    Mine cracked from falling on the bathroom floor...
    (n)
    It had a tempered glass screen protector when it fell.
    One corner cracked, as expected, but the iPad was still useable.
    However, I could not stand seeing the crack on my iPad screen so I decided to rip off the protector, hoping the damage on the actual screen would only be minimal.
    Turned out to be a BAD idea.
    From being useable, the actual LCD screen crack spread out after I peeled off the tempered glass protector and became this mix of colored lines..
    *sigh*

3. pandecoco

pandecoco Member

Had my Ipad 2017 screen replaced at sm north annex, 5th floor, store is CyberTab; repair is inside; i think it will be charged higher if the lcd itself is affected. In my case, only the corners of the Ipad were cracked and I was still able to use it , actually. When you enter the 5th floor, you should ask around and compare with the other repair shops, bring your Ipad, know its exact variant/generation. Usually, they check its back, then they google it. Apple Ph also has an ipad repair service and I suppose, Apple stores here. But if the price is 50% or more of the cost, maybe, better get a new one.

4. pandecoco

pandecoco Member

Caveat emptor, followup to my ipad that I had the screen replaced for php 1500. After 10 days or so [warranty is 7 days only) it got some hairline cracks and scratches, and horizontal and vertical lines!!! So far, i could not feel these cracks on the screen surface! The hairline cracks originate only in one point, i think it is a weak pressure point, And this ipad with the new screen is only left on top of the table, where i use it, I’ m using it now, I wonder what kind of glass did they use.
    Later maybe I will look for an apple screen to replace it ....of course, if it is still worth the bother.