ios, no longer the smooth os i used to know

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by potpot2, Feb 19, 2017.

1. potpot2

potpot2 PhilMUG Addict Member

lately, i have noticed that ios is no longer as smooth as it was. I encounter bugs more often, and even after several updates, the bugs aren't fix at all.
    I have to kill apps more often now, the messaging app on my ipad pro is one of them, because of bugs like missing keyboards, missing area where to thpe text etc.
    How is your experience with ios lately?

greta87 and jesusluison like this.
  2. mree

mree Well-Known Member

Still buttery smooth on my iPhone 7. On iPhone 6 Plus, there's obviously some lag compared to the 7. On the iPad Mini 1st gen, there's also some noticeable lag.

On all those 3 devices, no bugs like keyboard missing, etc.

3. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

for me it is still the same ios i know from the 1st iphone hehe :) still loving it better than android

Anmi and jesusluison like this.
  4. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

yep, i also noticed the decline in quality in the recent iOS releases. mainly starting with the UI change in iOS 7. i guess having too many devices really has its downside. Apple is starting to have significant fragmentation among its products unlike in the early iPhone 4s / iPad 2 days.

5. Edelheid

Edelheid PhilMUG Addict Member

Still smooth as a baby's bottom to me. I did notice minimal frame drops while invoking the app switcher (a fact that didn't upset me, which is sort of a big deal to someone who is normally anally retentive) some weeks ago, but since 10.3 beta dropped that stopped happening. I am still very happy with my possessions.

Anmi likes this.
  6. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

I notice the lags when you migrate your backup from a previous device to a new one. This is why I always start from scratch, as much as possible. In addition, you need to understand that Apple always optimizes its OS for the latest model (give and take the {last two?} previous model{s}) -- there are just some features that will make older processors work double time, hence the lag.

7. mongkee

mongkee Well-Known Member

I've been restoring the same phone data since my iPhone 6 and still smooth experience overall in my current 7 Plus. It's not a 100% perfect experience but never had I experienced frequent app crashes which required killing apps or reboots

8. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

To Apple's credit, there aren't many times I needed to reboot my iPad Air 1 to clear an instability, however, the 'slickness' in user experience is noticeably going the way of the dodo. Just to give an example, task switching is no longer as smooth as the day it was first introduced.

iOS seems to be innovating (adding more features) faster than they can iron out the bugs and/or optimizing the user experience. With every iOS release, it feels like the late Steve Jobs' 'spirit' that's in iOS (for lack of a better term), is diminishing.

9. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

My experience with with iOs 10 using my iPhone 7 is still buttery smooth. except 1 bug i noticed using app switching.

But with our iPhone 6 Plus 64GB lag is all over the place.

For our ipad mini 1. given its 5years old "lumaban na" hehe. web browsing is sluggish how i wish i can downgrade this back to ios 7

10. h2obaby

h2obaby Active Member

Me and my husband are getting more unresponsive apps on both of our iPhone 7 Plus. Not sure what this is about, though. It doesn't happen frequently but it happens. Also, sometimes when replying from the lock screen, the keyboard "sticks" even if you've already changed screens.

11. lsalapare

lsalapare Well-Known Member

Parang relationship yan, kapag nasasanay kana you thought boring na and not the usual type unlike before (responsiveness and smoothness) but what you don't know is nothing has changed, still the same OS you've been using.

I'm never leaving my iOs kasi I know that she will be my legal wife until the end. ^_^ I already tried other OS but nothing compares iOs. heheheh

raze19, raypin and bacchus_3 like this.
  12. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

Lag on iOS is not common, but not rare either, if that makes sense. Anyway, the cause of most lags are third-party apps running on the background. It can be a widget running on the Notification Center, or an iMessage app going berserk, or an app that is connecting to the network while out of sight, or worse, a rogue app (read: Facebook) that's poorly designed and implemented. And oh, unresponsive third party apps are mostly caused by... third parties. :)

Bugs (like the keyboard misbehaving), OTOH, are present and I hope that the next iOS update will fix them.

Anmi likes this.
  13. mrland456

mrland456 New Member

14. textguru

textguru Active Member

better than Android

15. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

I beg to differ. ;) But let's not go down that road.

potpot2 likes this.